what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

What is it with first time cruises, I see many of these wildest, craziest things have happen on a first cruise, such as mine a few years ago.

NCL Epic and the "Free Style" spirit.

A couple of days left and I hook up with a girl.

She takes me up to the "Free Style" deck to catch some rays.

Small sign at stairs "Adults Only".

Up top is a larger guy laying out in the buff, shaved and all.

My new friend finds a lounger and proceeds to strip down to her B-Day suit right in front of me.

I declined a invitation to do the same, she had no problem going solo.

I'm putting lotion on her leg and looking around trying to be cool and not stare and I make the comment that "it's pretty nice here".

She replies, "Your putting lotion on a naked chick in the Bahamas, How much nicer does it get?"

I never did find out even though I saw her several times when we got back, she lived about an hour from me.

Now why doesn't that happen on every cruise I take?

Maybe because I was in the Bahamas at the time and have not been back since.

That is going to change, 2 weeks left and B2B Bahamas.

Now 2 chances for a repeat performance :)

Just doing my part to keep this thread going.

mark

• 2 weeks later...

After 14 cruises I finally saw the Parrot Man. We were on a three day cruise out of LA and as I was walking I saw him walking toward me With his "famous parrot" on his shoulder. I told my wife and said that the guy from cruise critic, he only smile and passed me quickly. I would have loved to chatted with him. But it was fun seeing.

This isn't crazy...more embarrassing.. but in 2008 I took the Pearl with my mom and sister. My sister and i walked up to the lighthouse but along the way I was getting hot in my capri jeans. I had a bathing suit top on. So we ducked off the trail for a minute and looked around and I tried to quickly change from my jeans to my bathing suit bottoms. Just as I was bent over with my bare butt to the trail the ship Captain comes jogging by. I guess I mooned the Captain. Sorry...I can't remember the Captain's name at this time.

My family still laugh when we talk about it!

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't see it, but on my last cruise there were two couples in the hot tub having adult fun one evening. It was not a lifestyle cruise. The hot tub was drained the next morning. I'm glad I only heard about it and didn't see it.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was on Carnival Splendor on a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise with my now wife. There was a girl in her early 20s that liked being the life of the party. We ran into her everywhere we went as she was easily noticeable in her Captain's hat, parrot sunglasses and turquoise cowboy boots.

Well while relaxing in one of the aft hot tubs after our first day in Cabo "Boots" decides that she wanted to have a dip as well. She was quite drunk and proceeding to make up a story of being married to another guy in the tub who was also drunk and in his mid 60s. She was saying that she was divorcing him and here to pick up her San Lucas in Cabo.

She then proceeded to grind on an elderly Asian lady giving quite the obscure lap dance.

Long story short we end up chatting with an older couple in Cabo on the second day only to find out they were actually this girls parents and both respectable school teachers in their own right.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Edited by originalgolfer

• 2 weeks later...
Come on somebody, tell me a story!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well on my very first cruise on 2009 on Carnival Glory our group took over the black Jack table almost every night. Dealer kept forgetting to deal themselves a second card...needless to say the Samoans in our group weren't happy as they were on a roll and the pit boss had to keep calling it a dead hand.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

I have a funny (pre)cruise story THAT HASN'T HAPPENED YET!

Tomorrow is April Fools Day. I am going to log into my Princess Cruise Personalizer tomorrow while DH is in the room with me. I am going to squeal out loud "OMG, maybe the Upgrade Fairy came! We got a different cabin assignment. We're now in cabin D737." (We booked an obstructed view guarantee, so getting a different cabin won't be too much of a stretch.) Then I'll have DH come look over my shoulder while I look at the deck plan to see what type of cabin D737 is, and lo and behold, it's a full suite! I'll see how long I can draw out the suspense before I have to tell him (or give it away by laughing).

Julie

Tomorrow is April Fools Day. I am going to log into my Princess Cruise Personalizer tomorrow while DH is in the room with me. I am going to squeal out loud "OMG, maybe the Upgrade Fairy came! We got a different cabin assignment. We're now in cabin D737." (We booked an obstructed view guarantee, so getting a different cabin won't be too much of a stretch.) Then I'll have DH come look over my shoulder while I look at the deck plan to see what type of cabin D737 is, and lo and behold, it's a full suite! I'll see how long I can draw out the suspense before I have to tell him (or give it away by laughing).

Julie

You are cruel! :)

Let us know how it goes!

Julie

That's just mean.

Julie

Turns out I woke up really early this morning, so I was at the computer when DH got up (I was actually reading more of this thread!). I had already pulled up the Star Princess deck plan for cabin D737. When he walked in the room I excitedly told him the Upgrade Fairy came and we were assigned a suite! He high fived me and said it's about time we got an upgrade. :D Grinning the whole while! Then he turns on the TV and the very first thing he sees is the sports announcer mentioning it's April Fools Day. He looked at me and said "You got me, right?" So the joke lasted about a minute and a half before I was found out. But it worked out, and I STILL have 3 more days for the Upgrade Fairy to find us...for real this time!

Julie

• 1 month later...

Just back from an 18 night Panama Canal cruise.

We were at the lido pool during lunch and a lady asks if he can sit with us as she has been wandering around the deck looking for her husband and hopes if she stays on one place he will wander by. No problem. After a few minutes the couple at the next table return from the Dive-In Burger place and she looks over and says "those fries look so good. Can I have one?" They of course said OK but I found it rather odd.

In San Diego we had friends R*** and J**** join us for the repositioning portion. They had never cruised before and wanted to try it out.

After life boat drill we head to their aft balcony for sail away and enjoy a bottle of prosecco with peach snapps. J**** is a light weight and is feeling 'fine' after just one glass. We head to the Ocean Bar for cocktails and after a couple of Manhattens J**** asks where the washroom is. I explain to her that there is a handicap washroom on the port side and a womens washroom on starboard and point her in the right direction. After several minutes her DH, R***, and my DH decide that she has been gone too long so I should go look for her. I head to the handicap which is closer and it is vacant. Over to the womens and there she is chatting with a crew member while washing her hands. Explained that our DHs were concerned and sent me on a search party. Oh for heavens sake.

We finish at the Ocean Bar and get ready for dinner. We only have about 30 minutes. Late seating at the Vista Dining Room. During dinner J**** again asks where the washroom is and I explain to exit the dining room and bear right to the ladies room. As I mentioned before J**** is a light weight when it comes to holding her liquor and at this point she has had an additional glass of wine. After several minutes my DH expresses concern for how long J**** has been gone and DH R*** agrees and asks that I search again.

I get to the ladies room, walk in and ask "J**** are you in here? J****". No answer. There are three stalls. The first is out of service, the third is unoccupied but the middle one is showing occupied. Knock, knock, knock...J****. Knock, knock, knock...J****. Knock, knock, knock...J**** (now getting panicky) when the lady inside stall two says "J****'s not in here!"

Now what? Get the DHs to search? Have a crew member page her?

I exit the ladies room and there she is coming up the stairwell. It turns out that the ladies room outside the dining room was closed for cleaning so she went down one floor. What a relief for me to see her.

We get back to the table and relay the story to the guys and we all just howl about it. The rest of the trip it was the running joke.

Rockfan2

We cruised on Norwegian Majesty on one of her last cruises before she was sold. One formal night, waiting for a table in the MDR, another couple came in, she in a nice dress and wrap, he in a Hawaiian shirt and cargo shorts. The hostess politely explained that shorts were not allowed in the MDR at dinner. The husband gruffly responded, "forget this, I'm going to the buffet." His wife burst into tears and yelled through her sobs, "I told you to put on pants!"

Maybe not wild and crazy, but it sure was funny! Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, long may it live!

We cruised on Norwegian Majesty on one of her last cruises before she was sold. One formal night, waiting for a table in the MDR, another couple came in, she in a nice dress and wrap, he in a Hawaiian shirt and cargo shorts. The hostess politely explained that shorts were not allowed in the MDR at dinner. The husband gruffly responded, "forget this, I'm going to the buffet." His wife burst into tears and yelled through her sobs, "I told you to put on pants!"

Maybe not wild and crazy, but it sure was funny! Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, long may it live!

This makes me giggle! :p

On my first cruise ever, I had packed my husband several nice button up shirts and nice slacks. He later went into his suitcase and pulled them all out thinking he wouldn't need them and replaced them with t-shirts and jeans. We only got to eat in the MDR on formal night that cruise. :(

Ok here are my -slightly- funny stories.

I was in a state of total shock the entire cruise because the room was flourescent orange all over. I mean.....blinding. No other color. The first thing I said when walking in the room was "What's with the orange?!" lol. I griped about this constantly, to this day if we shop she will pick something out for me to show me that's orange and I will go "Mom, seriously" to her reply "What? You don't like orange?" :rolleyes:

I think we've been on that ship. Our honeymoon was the "Texarribean" cruise out of Galveston on a Norwegian ship. We got a porthole room with orange formica. Room was so small we had to crawl over the bed to get out.

Cruise had lots of college kids partying and I remember this one dude - bodybuilder type and his GF, also a bodybuilder type. On the formal night, he made a ruckus when asked to leave the dining room for wearing a shirt with no sleeves, shorts, and flip-flops. (This was 1999 and dinner was still more formal on ships). I guess he didn't want anyone to miss the gun show!

On Voyager back in 2007 on a repositioning cruise from Southampton to Barcelona. As the ship was just getting out of dry dock for a refurb, there were still things to fix on the ship. One of those was a pool and part of a pool deck.

There were many irate passengers that resented not having full use of these facilities from day 1 (despite the rain and cold temps as we left the UK for the English Channel). As a result, they staged a "mutiny" days later by one of the main pools. Definitely had to be the most bizarre event I've heard or seen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...