Just Back Serenade Of The Seas

Just a quick note! The ship was BEAUTIFUL,CLEAN, AND THE FRIENDLIEST AND MOST HELPFUL CREW AROUND.We had a fantastic time,the Captain was very friendly and easy to talk to.The CD was always around and kept everyone envolved.The only draw back was our waiter in the dining room, his name was Ravi, and he didn't have a clue.We were at table 486 main dining, so if you happen to get him, go staight to the Head waiter and ask to be moved.He really needs more training.Our Asst.Waiter seemed to know more. But enough about that, this trip was one of the best that we have been on.So if your heading for the SOTS,you are in for a great time. Eileen

P.S. We stayed 2 nights at the Caribe Hilton,wonderful,but things are a bit expensive. We ate at Morton's 2 times because it was so good.

Just a quick note! The ship was BEAUTIFUL,CLEAN, AND THE FRIENDLIEST AND MOST HELPFUL CREW AROUND.We had a fantastic time,the Captain was very friendly and easy to talk to.The CD was always around and kept everyone envolved.The only draw back was our waiter in the dining room, his name was Ravi, and he didn't have a clue.We were at table 486 main dining, so if you happen to get him, go staight to the Head waiter and ask to be moved.He really needs more training.Our Asst.Waiter seemed to know more. But enough about that, this trip was one of the best that we have been on.So if your heading for the SOTS,you are in for a great time. Eileen

P.S. We stayed 2 nights at the Caribe Hilton,wonderful,but things are a bit expensive. We ate at Morton's 2 times because it was so good.

Eileen,

Thanks for the good words. We just booked a B2B for June 2010. Sounds like a great ship. Other than the prices, how did you like the Caribe Hilton?

Mike

Mike,

The Caribe Hilton was beautiful,but as I said very exspensive. They have a lot to offer,3 pet birds that our daughter loved. They talked, and the white one would dance. They have their own beach area with trampolines in the water plus a rubber rock wall.A very large childrens area too.

No, we did not do my time dining, we ate main dining at 6;00.We had an owners suite 1060, it was great.Lot's of room,and our cabin attendent was great anything we needed,he took care of our cabin was always clean.

Hi, we also just finished up a wonderful cruise on the Serenade (April 4-11) with a couple of nights at the Caribe Hilton! We agree that the Serenade was beautiful and the staff was stellar.

Two questions:

1. Did you do My Time Dining?

We did try My Time Dining and we really enjoyed the experience. We were able to eat at a table for four and the head waiter (Soni) is helpful in making your reservations for the following night if you want to change your time. We had the same wait staff each night (Rajiv & Kevin) and their service was terrific!

Other than the prices, how did you like the Caribe Hilton?
We've stayed at the Caribe Hilton a few times and we love the location and atmosphere there. The rooms are nice, there is a great pool and beach area, and the pina coladas are tasty! If you like to leave the resort for local food/sightseeing, there is a nearby bus stop that will take you to Old San Juan for only 50 or 75 cents.

Mike,

The Caribe Hilton was beautiful,but as I said very exspensive. They have a lot to offer,3 pet birds that our daughter loved. They talked, and the white one would dance. They have their own beach area with trampolines in the water plus a rubber rock wall.A very large childrens area too.

No, we did not do my time dining, we ate main dining at 6;00.We had an owners suite 1060, it was great.Lot's of room,and our cabin attendent was great anything we needed,he took care of our cabin was always clean.

Appreciate all the info...

Wld u please tell me your impression of the CL & how crowded the CL was, especially during Happy Hours (5 - 8 pm?)

Many thanks in advance :)

Thanks for the info about the poor waiter. We are getting ready to cruise Serenade on 2nd May. I am surprised that people staying in an OS got a bad waiter. In past experience on Celebrity we shared a table with passengers from a big suite and found that the best wait staff were positioned at their tables.

I believe that the CD is due to change before our cruise and possibly the Captain, as the ship is re-positioning for the summer to Alaska and it is a natural turn around time for staff. Can you remember their names?

It will also be our second and last time in a CL. On Mariner on a 7 nighter the CL was not crowded but there are likely to be many more Diamonds on our cruise.

We were also on Serenade last week and I totally agree. I am swamped at work so won't have time to do a full review until later this week, but out of 16 Royal, 4 Princess, and 1 Celebrity, this was the BEST!!!! Staff is incredible, MyTime is WONDERFUL. Ronji (head waiter, and Rajiv (waiter) are exceptional. I will give a full review with more wonderful names as soon as I possible can. Our stateroom steward Shaun was unbelievable.

I believe that the CD is due to change before our cruise and possibly the Captain, as the ship is re-positioning for the summer to Alaska and it is a natural turn around time for staff. Can you remember their names?

The captains just rotated April 4th (Capt Michel Claveau came on). Capt Stig Nilsen will not be returning to Serenade of the Seas but will be going to Jewel of the Seas to replace Capt Thore (he's going to Allure of the Seas). The relief captain for Serenade of the Seas will be Capt Karin (coming from Monarch of the Seas)

Archived