Family of 5 in one room?

shabri

Hi,

We are 2 adults, 3 kids ranging from 10 yrs.-3 yrs. Are there cruises to caribbean from florida that allow all of us in one room? I tried going on Carnival and getting price but wasn't able to.

Thanks

Carnival allows it only any ship built before year 2000, the ships that have the smaller cabins in general to start with. Also, the new Carnival Dream will have family cabins with split baths that allow 5 also going out of Florida. You have to call for the rate for 5. On the older ships, you get a quad and then they give you a rollaway, so if you can get the 3rd/4th person rate online, just add for one more and you can figure it out for yourself, but you have to call to book 5 in those cabins.

Hi,

We are 2 adults, 3 kids ranging from 10 yrs.-3 yrs. Are there cruises to caribbean from florida that allow all of us in one room? I tried going on Carnival and getting price but wasn't able to.

Thanks

On Princess, you would have to book the 'family suite' to have more than 4 in any stateroom. Any regular stateroom, inside, outside, balcony, mini suite or even regular full suites do not accomodate 5 passengers in the same stateroom.

What about Disney?

Usually you have to call to be able to book more than 4 people in a room as most websites restrict booking to 4 people online.

Carnival allows you to book 5 people on their Fantasy class, Destiny, Triumph and Victory. Also, Dream will have some staterooms that hold 5 people.

RCCL has several categories of family staterooms that hold 5 or more people, plus some family suites that have multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Note the family staterooms/suites do not appear as available online because they have minimum booking requirements and you must call to book them. They also allow you to book 5 people into Grand Suites or Owners Suites.

Celebrity has the FV category which holds 5 people.

NCL Sun has staterooms that accommodate 5 people (I believe it's category J). In addition, several of NCL's ships have some suites that accommodate 5 or more people.

Don't discount getting connecting staterooms, as this would allow you to keep a close eye on your kids, but would give you more space and 2 bathrooms versus being in one stateroom. Some lines even have some balcony cabins that connect to insides or oceanview cabins (RCCL's Voyager class for example).

We've sailed with all five of us in a Balcony cabin on Carnival Victory - twice. The first time, the kids ranged from 4-13; the second time, they ranged from 6-15. I would recommend a balcony cabin if you decide to go with all five in a cabin; it gives you a private area to get away from the others if you need it. It was very helpful when we were getting ready for dinner; those who dressed first went out on the balcony to wait for the others.

Shabri: My wife and I also have three kids (ages 5 to 10) and we did the Disney cruise last year (Category 4, family cabin, that allows five). It was nice in that it had a balcony but is tight when the three beds (bunkbeds and one murphy) are in the down position. It's also pretty pricey when compared to RCCL (family cabin, sleeping up to 6) and Carnival (their website has drop down that tells you whether particular ship allows only 4 or up to 5 [that with cot] in a regular cabin.

We are scheduled to go on RCCL Freedom at end of this month and are booked into the FO cabin (holds up to 6; looks more spacious than other 2 options and while more than Carnival, a lot less than Disney). Will try to give review on return. However, these were the three lines that seem to accommodate the 5 to a room (which my wife and I prefer given ages of kids). One posting above did recommend looking at adjoining cabins; we were looking at that on Disney, but the ones in the right category filled up by the time we were ready to pull the trigger. Feel free to pose any questions, as we've been there, done that on this question.......good luck, John :cool:

Archived