the name of the book that is about carnival

babymomma

I ready a thread on here just a few days ago about a book that people have read that is about carnival and things that going on behind the scene. I was trying to find for the name of the book. I would like to read it. If someone can give me the name or the link to were to find out at I would greatly appreicate it.

Thank you

Good book.. It is about the Conquest and I read it while sailing on the Conquest. Google The author's name and read his web site. He posted pictures on his site of the characters in his book. Good to put faces to the names.

I ready a thread on here just a few days ago about a book that people have read that is about carnival and things that going on behind the scene. I was trying to find for the name of the book. I would like to read it. If someone can give me the name or the link to were to find out at I would greatly appreicate it.

Thank you

It's Cruise Confidential : Below the Water Line. I just got it a few days ago and have started reading it. It's very easy to read and interesting so far. I will look at some of the crew a little differently on my next cruise!

Thank you

I have not read the new book out yet, But I did read one a few years ago that was interesting. It was Called "Cruise Ship Blues.. The Underside of the Cruise Industry" By Ross Klein.. It was a bit biased against the cruiselines that's for sure but it did offer alot of eye openers for me as I was new to cruising at that time.. It was a paperback that I bought new on e-bay and it was written in 2002.. Many things would still apply today though..

He posted pictures on his site of the characters in his book. Good to put faces to the names.

I don't see any pics. Please link me up to all these so called hot chicks he talks about the entire book.

Cruise Confidential is a fun read although I suspect it's highly embellished in spots. :rolleyes:

Selling the Sea is only for the die-hard cruise junkies - it's a textbook used in tourism classes. Some interesting stuff in there but also some REALLY dry reading full of number crunching.

My favorite is Devils on the Deep Blue Sea. If you are at all interested in the history of the cruise industry or in the industry from a business standpoint it's a great read. In spots it starts to read like a soap opera from all the hostile takeovers, mergers, labor trouble, mob involvement in the early days, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read the book Cruise Confidential and it was great as it gave a very good perspective of the cruise industry, his website has a current blog and some pics of the people in the book.

Archived