Haggling with PVP

shabri

Sites are not allowed to advertise lower prices, so if you are seeing a lower price on a site, then maybe its a past guest or other rate you just arent using the code to see?

If its for a perk, then Carnival wouldnt haggle but you can just transfer the booking if its still before final payment.

Carnival doesn't really haggle, their price is the lowest you are going to get through them. If you see a big price difference on another site they are probably booking you in as part of a group or cutting way into their commissions.

Hi,

Is haggling exceptable when negotiating final price? I found cheaper prices elsewhere and would like to take that info to PvP and see what happens. As anyone done this?

Thanks

No haggling but Carnival does have a 110% guarantee. If you find a lower publicized price within the first 48 hours of booking your cruise Carnival will give you an OBC of 100% of the difference.

Here is a quote from Carnival's website.

You're getting the best price possible...Guaranteed!You've seen them before. Low price guarantees filled with so many restrictions that the only thing guaranteed

is a big hassle to get your money. We think you deserve better than that.

Carnival's 110% Best Price Guarantee:

• You'll have 48 hours from the time you book to find a lower price

• Carnival will give you 110% of the difference in on board credit

• Best Price Guarantee only applies to publicly available rates

With Carnival, the fun starts with you knowing you got the best deal possible.

You concentrate on your upcoming cruise; we'll worry about the rest.

Click here for the Best Price Guarantee Claim form.

No haggling but Carnival does have a 110% guarantee. If you find a lower publicized price within the first 48 hours of booking your cruise Carnival will give you an OBC of 100% of the difference.
The caveat here is that TAs are not permitted to advertise any price lower than Carnival's published rates.

I second that- "publicized" is the problem. If a TA can give you a $100 discount, hey that is $100 more $ in your wallet! I have also seen travel agencies advertise the exact same price as CCL web site, but also over perks like paid tips, prepaid Visa cards and free excursions.

Hi,

Is haggling exceptable when negotiating final price? I found cheaper prices elsewhere and would like to take that info to PvP and see what happens. As anyone done this?

Thanks

Carnival has a low price guarantee. They will meet a lower fare found only under certain circumstances. They do not match travel agent promotions, group rates, etc. The lower fare must be a published fare available to the general public.

Haggling will get you nowhere. Check their website under "lowest price guarantee" for the details.

when I was looking at prices just last weekend I found cheaper prices on Priceline and orbitz (about $400) and carnival matched the price

Ill just betcha it was because carnival had the same price you just didnt know it. could be a promotion you just didnt see on the carnvial site.

Just make sure you are seeing the same cat when you are telling Carnival you found a better price. Some don't have Taxes/fees some are not the same Cat. like a balcony price, some are listed as balcony but they are a 7A obstructed view instead of a 8A and look at all the cats on a Spirit class now. Our PVP will look at the site we found the price on and tell us right away why we see that price. We learn every day how sites make it look cheaper and they are not. Thats why we only deal with Carnival anymore, any questions we get answered right away. Now we get are own Air, Pre rooms and Insurance. All from different places, lots of checking around for those items. The only groan I have is Carnival not showing the Military price. I get that on other sites and then call to make sure. If you can go anytime you want you can get some really good military prices.

fairy63.jpg.477876e8b827c15e53f1991831589fb0.jpg

I know of one site that seems to show lower prices a lot, but if you call them they dont have that price. date after date they do this, but claim to update their prices more often than Carnival. Beware seeing lower prices, they are not always valid.

Sometimes I look at a certain site that will advertise a nice price for an inside or a ov. When I go to the Carnival site to compare, the advertised price is for a 1A. And sometimes the advertised ov price is for a porthole room instead of a window.

A 1A is fine, but you can't really compare the 1A price to a standard inside room.

Carnival has many different rates for the same cruise.

Take a bit of time and figure out what the differences are and decide what you really want.

Instead of haggling, perhaps I would tell the PVP of the rate that I had seen and get them to explain what the difference is.

Ill just betcha it was because carnival had the same price you just didnt know it. could be a promotion you just didnt see on the carnvial site.

Except they got an additonal 10% or should have because of the gaurantee. According to the 110% guarantee they list. Your right if it was a new rate that Carnival had already released then the person didn't get a match but just what the regualr rate is currently.

Archived