HAL Moving to Port Canaveral?

ss475

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1](and just a little sore point: the "Providence" airport isn't in Providence; it's in Warwick. if I gotta hear all those planes over my head, I want the credit.)[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]Yeah, that happens a lot. Where I grew up, the Hartford-Springfield airport is in Windsor Locks! The Cincinnatti airport isn't even in Ohio! :)

[quote name='Roz']Isn't Omaha's airport in Iowa? But now we getting sidetracked and off the original topic!

Roz[/quote]Oh, I think this thread has been pretty much off the OP's question for about 45 or more posts now! :D

I have only cruised out of Canaveral on Disney and it was midweek with only Mariner of the Seas in Port. The Disney terminal is nice. Do the other cruise lines share terminal? Disney is a very theme-oriented terminal.

[quote name='ss475']Someone told me that HAL in the near future is going to leave Fort Lauderdale and move to Port Canaveral. Has anyone heard anything about this?[/quote]

[B][I][FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen]That would be GREAT! I live only 20 mins. from P.C. and for those that have to fly...Sanford is a very nice international airport if they don't want to deal with Orlando or Melbourne.[/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/B]
[B][I][FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/B]
[B][I][FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen]Lots of excellent restaurants in the area and lots of fun things to do if someone is staying before or after the cruise.[/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/B]
[B][I][FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/B]
[B][I][FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen]I missed the Zaandam when she was there and was sorry when she left and we had to start going to FLL to get to HAL.[/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/B]

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]How far is Sanford Airport from Port Canaveral?[/B]

[B]Easy drive?[/B]
[/quote][B]Yes, easy. Sanford is about 25 miles due north of the Orlando airport, and then the Cape/Port Canaveral is 40 miles due east from there. It's all 4-lane divided highway if you take the Orlando beltway (417 "Greenway") south from Sanford. [/B]

[B]It's a shorter distance if you go east on a 2-lane road (46) to Titusville, but I think it takes longer that way.[/B]

[quote name='jtl513'][B]Yes, easy. Sanford is about 25 miles due north of the Orlando airport, and then the Cape/Port Canaveral is 40 miles due east from there. It's all 4-lane divided highway if you take the Orlando beltway (417 "Greenway") south from Sanford. [/B]

[B]It's a shorter distance if you go east on a 2-lane road (46) but I think it takes longer that way.[/B][/quote]

[B]Thanks, John. FLL is faster ;) but good to know there are options for going to Canaveral. Have to check what flights (if any non-stop) go from Boston's Logan.

[/B]

[quote name='Himself']If DBA says it is not going to happen in the forseable future, it is not going to happen.[/quote]Unless plans change! :D But since the Port P.R. office is talking about ships coming in 2011 and 2012, and HAL is not among them, I believe DBA has it right.

Archived