Tips for searching out Repositioning cruises?

Crissy699

Does anyone have tips for finding repo cruises? I remember they used to be harder to find than they are now, but I still feel like I'm not seeing all of them. Many sites only show "Round-Trip" cities as a search option. I've tried searching the major CL's themselves and am disappointed with the selection. Any tips from the experts? :D Mostly looking for cruises departing from the Northeast and going...whereever! I would LOVE to do the NCL repo to NOA, but I just cant get 17ish days off from work (cruise plus travel time, etc) :(

Go to one of the online TAs most of them have an option for Transatlantic for destination. That will give you a lot of the repos. Also check the cruise lines that have Alaska cruises. Look at the ships they have there, then look to see how the get to/from Alaska in the spring and fall.

I get a newsletter from ***** that lists lots of transatlantics and repos. I only use them as a reference for lots of things, I have never booked with them, even called them. I have a wonderful TA. But they have lots of great info on their website. Mind, they only list cruises that they offer special rates on, so there might be others not listed. EM

Like the above poster, I have an online travel agent bookmarked with a great search function. If you Google, using keywords like "cruise search find a bargain repositioning", you should find agencies with search engines that allow you to look for repo cruises.

Not all repo are transatlantic...many are transcanal.

P.S. - sorry - didn't read your OP correctly - you want NE, NOT NW!

Are the "Big Three" (RCI, CCL and NCL) offering less repo cruises these days? I feel like I used to see more, of course back then I didnt have the means or opportunity to take them. I've tried most of the expected terminology "cruising from Boston, NY, etc" and typically only see round trips. I guess I need to find a good online TA, like you say :) I get aggrivated searching with the CL's themselves and havent yet found a site that does what I want :(

All ships home ported in different regions offer a re-positioning cruise. These usually occur in March/April/May and October/November. Just pick a ship by region, and find its itinerary for those months, and you're likely to find a repositioning cruise.

Or call your local travel agent. They're easier to "navigate" than the on-line sites.

Archived