Afraid to Book

shabri

Hi All,

I was all set to book a cruise on the Inspiration for Aug. 24. Now, I am afraid to do so because of the flu. We are bringing our 3 kids so this 5 day cruise was a perfect introduction with only two days out at sea. Not sure if we could handle any more than that. So now I don't know what to choose.

Hi All,

I was all set to book a cruise on the Inspiration for Aug. 24. Now, I am afraid to do so because of the flu. We are bringing our 3 kids so this 5 day cruise was a perfect introduction with only two days out at sea. Not sure if we could handle any more than that. So now I don't know what to choose.

I would go ahead and book your cruise... that is quite some time off and things may have straightened out I would hope by August. And unless you book under the Early Saver program you can always get your deposits back before final payment (unless the TA you are working with charges any fee's to do so).

Hi All,

Don't be afraid...there are viruses everywhere and you cannot live in a bubble...I am not trying to sound mean as I have kids and want to protect them too. I say go and have a great time!

Don't be afraid...there are viruses everywhere and you cannot live in a bubble...I am not trying to sound mean as I have kids and want to protect them too. I say go and have a great time!

I agree with you , man people are afraid to leave there houses. It's the flu same as the bird flu the media made so much of a few years back. I survived cancer I'm sure we can all survive this. We are cruising in Oct. my biggest concern will be hurricanes not the flu.

Why would you be afraid to book? August is months out, this is a flu epidemic, it'll burn itself out soon.

I'd book if I were you, take advantage of the great prices.

Carole

The 1918 Influenza Pandemic lasted 27 months.

The 1918 Influenza Pandemic lasted 27 months.

And was before antivirals like Tamiflu, as well as antibiotics to clean up any ancillary infections. Comparing the state of medicine and science in 1918 as opposed to 2009 is like comparing apples and oranges.

OP Im with Ted on this, you DO NOT know when this will end. I want to book for a cruise going out immediately, and my 90 year old Dad is scared we will pick it up on our cruise.

Folks who assure you this will be over by August, dont know. You could monitor this until you hear things seem to be improving. If this lasts, my thoughts are that prices could drop more than they are down now because of just the economy.

And was before antivirals like Tamiflu, as well as antibiotics to clean up any ancillary infections. Comparing the state of medicine and science in 1918 as opposed to 2009 is like comparing apples and oranges.

Hey, I'm not worried, I know my Government will come to my aid when I need it. ;) I just wanted to point out a bit of History. Take it for what it's worth. This thing will be over by next week...I hope. :)

I wouldn't be scared to book now that we have had a glimpse as to what Carnival is doing in case it lasts. Look at what they are doing for current cruisers, if you see an option they offer that you could live with...then book.

But definitely don't get attached to your ports and stay flexible. And if Early Saver works for you, you can also keep getting reductions in final payment if problems should arise along the way.

Why would you be afraid to book? August is months out, this is a flu epidemic, it'll burn itself out soon.

I'd book if I were you, take advantage of the great prices.

Carole

not so quick, happy thoughts are great indeed, yet since the flu reared it's head @ odd time-spring:confused:; many feel it may very well go dormant & rear it's ugly head in the fall:mad:. As mentioned above, i'd def book a fully refundable fare & add on TI before final payment due date

imo, the rates will only keep going down between economy & fear; just hope they don't start canceling sailings entirely as cost cutting measure.

OT ive been getting tons of emails as to current/upcoming sales (think 1/2 off few sailings for some lines:eek:) not carnival though...im thinking they should be due to roll out their own best price of the year promo that the rest are touting?

You have to make your own decision on what you feel comfortable with. With 3 kids, the chances are just as good they can be infected with any flu bug in a classroom, touching grocery store cart handles, or being in any public place where somebody sneezes and doesn't cover their mouth. There are steps to help lessen chances of picking up a flu bug.....the same holds true for this H1N1 strain. If you're nervous to cruise, then I wouldn't stress over it. Just plan another vacation or wait until another time: but keep in mind, you can get sick anywhere.

Archived