Wearing Dresses Every Night

Does anyone else like to do this? I have 2 long gowns for formal night and some of my dresses on other nights range from floral dresses (with one maxi) to cocktail type dresses.

I never get to do this in real life (wearing business clothes is not fun!). I don't think I could ever do a "casual cruise"

Hi! This is my first cruise! I am leaving on May 23! Liberty of the Seas! I am very excited!

Even though I haven't been on a cruise before, I figured I wouldn't be out of place if I dressed up every night! I love to dress up, probably cause I never get to! I work in the office of a lumber company so the most dressed up I get is dark jeans and a cute top... not much fun! So I am looking forward to my maxi dresses, formal nights, and little black numbers that I never get to wear! I have had a blast shopping for this cruise!:p

Yes, in warm climate vacations, I wear dresses or skirts in the evening - I want something nicer than shorts and pants are too warm. I love a nice floaty sundress!!

But then - during the summer, I also wear dresses and skirts to work far more often than during other months, because I live in the south and it's HOT:p

Originally, I wasn't going to dress up at all. Had even considered going to buffet on formal night. Now, while my "formal night" dress isn't extremely formal, I find between that and three other dresses, along with a dressier pant outfit, I will probably be wearing a dress almost every night. I went from not looking forward to dressing up, to really looking forward to it every night!

Now if I can get hubby equally excited, we'll be in business! :)

Julie

I'm absolutely planning to dress every night! Earlier this year, I found 4 stretch satin cocktail dresses in black (2), silver, and teal, 1 red spaghetti strap chiffon dress, and 1 chiffon maxi dress. Planning on wearing ALL of them! Also bought black fabric pointy toed stilettos, and a black satin evening clutch. I'm glamming it up!! The only night I won't be in a dress is the first night, since I hear it's rather relaxed because alot of people fly in that day and are tired. I have a black & turquise handkerchief hemline spaghetti strap top that I'm wearing with black capri leggings and strappy black sandals the first night.

My sister and I are traveling together. I told her I'm planning to dress. She's gone shopping since!

I ran into a travel agent recently and told her how I was planning to dress. I'm going on Liberty of the Seas. She said on that ship, I'll fit right in!

While I've not worn dresses EVERY night, I have worn sundresses on some casual nights....

I tend to stick to the dress guidelines---casual on the casual nights, formalwear on the formal nights....

While I want to look great, I don't really want to 'stick out' by dressing in formalwear when everyone else is in capris!!!!

I purposely just wear dresses every night for packing reason. Only have to pack one item for that night instead of a blouse/slacks or blouse/skirt etc... I wear anything from a sundress to a cocktail dress. I don't do real formal, again, for the packing purpose.

(I only do carry on for the plane) I pick out my shoes first so I don't have to pack 5 pairs and then I match the dresses to the shoes.

This years "colors" for me are reds, purples and browns.

I will be wearing dresses most nights, I love dresses.

I will be taking 2 or 3 formal dresses the others are smart/casual.

I will take too many clothes, I know that already but I do want to have a few to choice from.

We are driving to the port so no worries about the baggage.

I wear a dress every night! Even the first night. For a 7 night cruise I usually take 2 formal, 3 semi-formal, and 2 casual (atleast). I wear the casual dresses the first and last nights and the others in between! I love wearing dresses and looking nice. DH and I dance pretty much every night and I have to have clothing that moves nicely!;)

And I just prefer how I look in dresses or skirts. I am not fond of my thighs so I like to disguise them in skirts!

My daughters (20 and 16) and I wear dresses every night. Our formal night dresses are just that- formal. We are wearing full length dresses this year. On the other night, we were dresses that rainge from very nice casual dresses right on up to cocktail dresses. We love to dress nice!

Maybe it's just me, but when you are in a beautiful three story dining room and you have real table linens and the waiter pulls out your chair....I would sure feel weird not dressing nice!

If dresses aren't your thing, then wearing nice pants is fine. I just veto the shorts and the things that look more like a bathing suit coverup and flip flops, the rubbery kind.

Trust me, you will not be out of place in dresses each night!

I also wear dresses every night. Formal nights this last cruise were a long red, Audrey Hepburn-like dress, very simple and classy, and a black and cream cocktail dress, all with understated, yet eyecatching(I think, anyway) jewelry and shoes. For casual nights, sundresses with a lightweight 3/4 length sleeve cardigan, and for smart casual, a flowy print dress with a swingy skirt. Since I feel really nice in dresses, and my DH has expressed his appreciation when I wear them, I do try to wear them in the warm months at home, but we also spend a lot of time on our motorcycle so I don't wear them as much as I'd like to. On a cruise, it's just nice to do so.:) Plus, other than my formal dresses, they ALL come out of my carryon with no wrinkles and take up little room. A win win in my book.:D

Yes, I wear dresses every night... I love it! And, I also wear sundresses during the day - really light cotton ones that go over my bathing suit real easy and are comfy. For this next cruise, I will probably only take a pair of jeans and maybe a pair of shorts - the rest will be dresses.

Does anyone else like to do this? I have 2 long gowns for formal night and some of my dresses on other nights range from floral dresses (with one maxi) to cocktail type dresses.

I never get to do this in real life (wearing business clothes is not fun!). I don't think I could ever do a "casual cruise"

Hi:) I enjoy "dressing for dinner" every night...yes, even on

casual nights. Now, I might not wear a "dress" per se but

dress slacks with a pretty top or a skirt and top might be

another couple of my choices.

I have 2 pair of black slacks that I love and usually bring both

with me. They are a silk blend and hardly take up any space!!!

I am going to Alaska in September and looking forward

to 7 more evenings on board the ship:D

Archived