Uniworld - Danube Discovery

panzerman

My husband and I are thinking of a Rhine cruise. I would appreciate any information people can give on dining. Can you give me an idea of what you would find on the dinner menu? Do you have a choice of entrees?

My husband and I are thinking of a Rhine cruise. I would appreciate any information people can give on dining. Can you give me an idea of what you would find on the dinner menu? Do you have a choice of entrees?

My wife and I just returned from the April 4th Uniworld Castles on the Rhine cruise that ended in Amsterdam on April 11th. We had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. At the conclusion of the trip all passengers were given a set of dinner menus to remember the great meals the chef prepared. I can send you a set of these menus in PDF format if you provide me with you e-mail address.

Don

• 5 months later...
My wife and I just returned from the April 4th Uniworld Castles on the Rhine cruise that ended in Amsterdam on April 11th. We had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. At the conclusion of the trip all passengers were given a set of dinner menus to remember the great meals the chef prepared. I can send you a set of these menus in PDF format if you provide me with you e-mail address.

Don

Could you also send me a set of the menus? Thank you

kdancisin@comcast.net

• 6 months later...

Hi, I am thinking about taking the European Jewels or the Danube discovery cruise with my 19 year old daughter. She is the one who picked this itinerary, and seems to be excited to go. We have never been on a river cruise before, and only on 2 Caribbean cruises. After reading about who these trips appeal to on other river cruise lines, I am concerned she may feel out of place. In my opinion, she is not a typical teen. She enjoys fine dining, good music, history, etc. The itineraries on the two cruises sound like something my daughter would truly appreciate. Please let me know the age groups on these trips are not particularly suitable for a 19 year old.

Thanks.:confused:

Hi, I am thinking about taking the European Jewels or the Danube discovery cruise with my 19 year old daughter. She is the one who picked this itinerary, and seems to be excited to go. We have never been on a river cruise before, and only on 2 Caribbean cruises. After reading about who these trips appeal to on other river cruise lines, I am concerned she may feel out of place. In my opinion, she is not a typical teen. She enjoys fine dining, good music, history, etc. The itineraries on the two cruises sound like something my daughter would truly appreciate. Please let me know the age groups on these trips are not particularly suitable for a 19 year old.

Thanks.:confused:

Your daughter will be the youngest person on board, guaranteed. But, if she enjoys history, beautiful scenery, excellent food, she will love the trip. We have cruised 10 times on large ships and twice on river boats and my next dream trip is the river cruise from Budapest to Bucharest with a land portion to Istanbul. We have done the Rhine-Main-Danube from Amsterdam to Budapest and the Elbe river from Prague to Berlin. The RMD we did in July and had excellent weather. The Elbe we did last October and had some fog, a little rain but still had a great time. The highlight of the Elbe cruise was Dresden, Meissen and Wittenberg (we're Lutheran so there is history there). There were too many hightlights on the RMD cruise to list. One I will mention was the fact that we got to see family at the Wuerzburg stop and then actually sailed past my husband's home town where we were serenaded by his friends on the shore - in the pouring rain i might add. There is so much to see, i think your daughter will be just fine. Enjoy - whichever trip you decide on.

Archived