What can I expect on my 10th Carnival Cruise?

Venicegal

On Monday we sail on our 10th Carnival cruise. Will we get the platinum perks or do they begin after your 10th cruise? I called Carnival and asked and they said that they weren't sure. If so, what can I expect? Thanks for any info.

On Monday we sail on our 10th Carnival cruise. Will we get the platinum perks or do they begin after your 10th cruise? I called Carnival and asked and they said that they weren't sure. If so, what can I expect? Thanks for any info.

You'll get Platinum perks with this cruise. You should have VIP on your documents now. I'm looking forward to Platinum myself since my next cruise is my 9th. Anyway, I've heard that you get stationary, and petit fours on the formal nights. You also get priority tendering if you're going to an island that tenders. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

It is my understanding that you are Platinum ON your 10th cruise. The perks are neat - I really, really enjoy the valet service. I have never taken advantage of the laundry service although I have read it is fantastic. Since the laundry is done in "bulk" - I just get the hibbie jibbie's about my underwear being mixed with someone else's. We do take advantage of the valet - on formal nights to press DH's shirt before dinner. I also love the priority embark/debark. The personalized stationary is neat if you are a letter writer. The biggest perk for us tho is the Concierge Desk. No WAITING! For anything - requests, paying S&S,

questions, etc. OOpps - almost forgot, we also love Priority status when having to go through customs say when you arrive a USVI after being in foreign port. That's another good one! Enjoy - as snobby as it sounds - I love it when my card is a different color than everyone else's and they "wonder" why.................Have Fun!

Chick.

And my favorites, VIP boarding, and the free BJ or slot tourney entry. Though I do love the laundry service as well...

You'll also get a special concierge number to reach the purser's desk, and of course the infamous thermos (unless they decide to change it sometime soon).

And my favorites, VIP boarding, and the free BJ or slot tourney entry. Though I do love the laundry service as well...

You'll also get a special concierge number to reach the purser's desk, and of course the infamous thermos (unless they decide to change it sometime soon).

My husband read "Free BJ" and immediately booked a cruise to get us 1 step closer

It is my understanding that you are Platinum ON your 10th cruise. The perks are neat - I really, really enjoy the valet service. I have never taken advantage of the laundry service although I have read it is fantastic. Since the laundry is done in "bulk" - I just get the hibbie jibbie's about my underwear being mixed with someone else's. We do take advantage of the valet - on formal nights to press DH's shirt before dinner. I also love the priority embark/debark. The personalized stationary is neat if you are a letter writer. The biggest perk for us tho is the Concierge Desk. No WAITING! For anything - requests, paying S&S,

questions, etc. OOpps - almost forgot, we also love Priority status when having to go through customs say when you arrive a USVI after being in foreign port. That's another good one! Enjoy - as snobby as it sounds - I love it when my card is a different color than everyone else's and they "wonder" why.................Have Fun!

Chick.

Ok, showing my ignorance, but what exactly is "Valet" service?

Thanks!

Thanks!

My husband read "Free BJ" and immediately booked a cruise to get us 1 step closer

The hell with Valet service! What is the free BJ?????????:eek:

Besides fun, Fun, FUN! :D Most of your perks have been listed by others here. We found on our 10th the staff was "extra" nice (we've always thought the staff was friendly to start with) and the first time one see's your card they all say "Welcome Back". :) It was nice to be treated as a Special customer. I've used the laundy service and asked for my shirts to be on hangers and they did do that. It's a nice perk esp. if your flying in to a port to sail and you have limited luggage. ;) Your fun pass should say VIP if it doesn't call Carnival (you'll find you get different answers from different people) again as I find it interesting that they couldn't answer your questions. :confused: Once you get to your embarkation port make sure you show the Carnival Staff your pass with VIP on it, you don't have to wait in the long lines. You should be taken to the front or to a special line. :p Have a GREAT time!

Thanks!

LOL!:D:D It's short for Black Jack! :):)

To answer your question Bandman, 'Valet' used here is for the service of your laundry being picked up and delivered back to you after it is cleaned.

And to further clarify the free Black Jack and slots - It is for free ENTRY for the Black Jack and Slot tournaments. Which is usually around $20.

Free Black Jack - I could only wish / Free BJ even better

To answer your question Bandman, 'Valet' used here is for the service of your laundry being picked up and delivered back to you after it is cleaned.

And to further clarify the free Black Jack and slots - It is for free ENTRY for the Black Jack and Slot tournaments. Which is usually around $20.

Free Black Jack - I could only wish / Free BJ even better

Thanks, AZMB

Thanks so much for all of the great info! One last question - I'm traveling with my sister who is not quite platinum (this is her 7th Carnival cruise) - can she check in at the priority counter with me and have the priority tendering since we're in the same cabin?

Thanks so much for all of the great info! One last question - I'm traveling with my sister who is not quite platinum (this is her 7th Carnival cruise) - can she check in at the priority counter with me and have the priority tendering since we're in the same cabin?

If she's in the same cabin as you, she'll be able to check in with you and enjoy the priority tendering.

I will be sailing on my 10 th cruise this Jan. My TA asked Carnival if I'm Platinum on that cruise and they said no. I'd be Platinum on my 11th sailing.:confused:

Yeah, when you board the 10th, you'll have the regular gold card...it's on 11 that you get the Aluminum card, and the VIP on your FunPass and all that jazz

I just checked my documents for 5/18 cruise and it says to go to VIP check in. Since this is my 10th cruise I'm assuming that means that I will be platinum on this cruise not my 11th cruise. Sure hope so!!!!

You are platinum on your 10th cruise, not after. I turned platinum in Dec ON my 10th cruise, had all the VIP perks, including the platinum card:D DD (21) will be platinum in Aug and DS (15) in Nov. It took me til I was 48 LOL!:rolleyes:

Oh and don't forget the lovely platinum gift of a Carnival thermos....

I just checked my documents for 5/18 cruise and it says to go to VIP check in. Since this is my 10th cruise I'm assuming that means that I will be platinum on this cruise not my 11th cruise. Sure hope so!!!!

Cool...it's been a while...now I think of it, it was Princess that made me wait til AFTER cruise 15 to be Elite

I'm at six now, with seven and eight the next two weeks (cheap Mexi-Not cruises). I'm trying to get to platinum for my Dream cruise in Oct. It will be my sister's first on Carnival, but we are flying in to rome the day of the cruise, and taking the Rome tour on the way to the port...Really be ready for VIP boarding...EM

The wash & fold laundry is the best perk to me. I didn't use it on my 10th. I made it for it on 11 & 12. When we have our son with us it makes it so much easier because you can pack less & go home with clean clothes!!!!

I wish they would come up with something else besides the petit fours, some choc. covered strawberries would be much better!!!

I have been reading cruise critic for a decade now and this is without a doubt the funniest thing I have ever read here!!

Archived