RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

We've used RomeInLimo for two different trips to both Rome & Naples and they have been great everytime. They offer such a wide range of options and we've used most of them! We've done walking tours of Ancient Rome and the Borghese Gallery and the Vatican, day long driving tours all over Rome and the Catacombs, Pompeii, Herculaneum, the Amalfi Coast and others including transports. They won me over when they met us at the airport on our first trip to Rome even though we were 3 hours late. It was great seeing their sign with our name on it after the delays and overnight flights. But mostly they are easy to work with and accommodating and their drivers and guides are the best. They make you feel comfortable and enhanced all of the tours we've had with them. I guess the biggest endorsement I can give is that we are returning next April and have already arranged several different tours and transfers with them in both Rome & Florence! We wouldn't consider anyone else!!:)

Edited by Gracie115

Just returned from a 12-day Mediterranean cruise down the Italian coast. We used Rome In Limo for a tour of Rome and the Amalfi Coast. I can't say enough good things about both our tours and Jany (in the office). We had Mike for our Rome tour and he was waiting for us as we got off the ship. He was friendly and knowledgeable, guiding us through all the history of Rome and helping us get into the Colosseum as well as the Vatican Museum. The next day we had Raffaele for the Amalfi coast. He also met us as we got off the ship. As we drove along the coast, he stopped several times so we could take pictures of the beautiful coastline. He had made a lunch reservation for us in Sorrento and waited while we had time to shop. On the way back, he led us in singing even providing the words. It was a lot of fun. Jany in the office was also very helpful, answering all of my questions in a timely manner. I would give Rome in Limo 5 stars!!

We've used RomeInLimo for two different trips to both Rome & Naples and they have been great everytime. They offer such a wide range of options and we've used most of them! We've done walking tours of Ancient Rome and the Borghese Gallery and the Vatican, day long driving tours all over Rome and the Catacombs, Pompeii, Herculaneum, the Amalfi Coast and others including transports. They won me over when they met us at the airport on our first trip to Rome even though we were 3 hours late. It was great seeing their sign with our name on it after the delays and overnight flights. But mostly they are easy to work with and accommodating and their drivers and guides are the best. They make you feel comfortable and enhanced all of the tours we've had with them. I guess the biggest endorsement I can give is that we are returning next April and have already arranged several different tours and transfers with them in both Rome & Florence! We wouldn't consider anyone else!!:)

When a tour company has a return customer likes yours, make si me want to book with them :)

When looking for a tour company in Italy, you cannot go wrong with Romeinlimo. I have used them numerous times for numerous tours and also a ride to the airport from the port and they have never disappointed us or any of my friends. Last guide in Florence to Tuscany in July, 2015 was Elisabetta and she was wonderful! I do not think you could go wrong!:)

When a tour company has a return customer likes yours, make si me want to book with them :)

And you would be wise to do so!!! We can't wait for our next visit to Italy and Rome In Limo will be taking care of us again....just a little over 9 months from now!!!:)

We just returned from our trip/cruise to Italy and used Romeinlimo for the second time. First time was about 6 years ago in a cruise critic roll call group for Naples, Rome, and Florence. This time it was just for the four of us and we did a Pisa/Florence tour and then a Naples tour of Sorrento, Positano, and Pompeii. We were starting and ending the cruise in Rome so Romeinlimo also arranged for a Vatican guide for us one afternoon. Romeinlimo was as usual, simply outstanding. Both drivers in Florence and Naples were friendly and made our family feel very welcome. Our driver Diego in Naples even sang for us. He was a good singer! We miss Italy so much already and its so nice to put yourself in the hands of this company. Great memories! For anyone on the fence or nervous about booking...don't worry, book them. And don't forget to book that Pompeii and Vatican guide. The Vatican tour was my husband's favorite.

What a great excursion organised by Romeinalimo , we had Gian as our driver in a very comfortable van , he was very knowledgable and kept us all informed at every venue .Plenty of time to enjoy the various sites and even took us for a splendid lunch ....You cannot go wrong with this company they seem to please everyone who uses them..John/Trish Craven UK

Such a great tour! We were picked up in Sorrento by Alex & toured Pompeii, Mt. Vesuviuos, & the Amalfi coast. On the way, we stopped at a great winery for lunch & had a tour by the owners. What a wonderful day! We also had all of our luggage with us as we were being transferred to another city. Plenty of room, great car & there were 7 of us. Alex was wonderful in educating us of the area & all of the great details. Very professional company as we use them every time we are in Italy. We were not on a cruise this time we used them. Alex also did our hotel transfer (at 3am!) to the airport. Very trustworthy professional company. I will always refer everyone to RIL.

Curious - we are late discovers of RomeinLimo and would like to book through them, but we leave in just over 2 weeks.

1. Has anyone booked with them on short notice and did it work out?

2. Do you know if they offer discounts for multiple tours? We found the tour sharing site, but with 2 weeks to go it is a little late to try to find others to share our tour....but wondering if we booked tours with them in La Spezia, Rome and Naples if they would offer any discount? We are a small group of 3 so the cost is as expensive as they offer. I am sure after reading the multiple reviews on this site that they will be worth it...just looking to cut cost any way possible :)

Curious - we are late discovers of RomeinLimo and would like to book through them, but we leave in just over 2 weeks.

1. Has anyone booked with them on short notice and did it work out?

2. Do you know if they offer discounts for multiple tours? We found the tour sharing site, but with 2 weeks to go it is a little late to try to find others to share our tour....but wondering if we booked tours with them in La Spezia, Rome and Naples if they would offer any discount? We are a small group of 3 so the cost is as expensive as they offer. I am sure after reading the multiple reviews on this site that they will be worth it...just looking to cut cost any way possible :)

Email them and find out if they can accommodate what you want to do. My guess is the answer will be YES..... We've worked them multiple times and have changed things close to the tour date without any problems. Jany is always very helpful.....the cost is not low but considering what you get for your money it's well worth it...you can design your own tour at your own pace....

Edited by Gracie115

We used Rome in Limo in Rome on July 6 and were a little disappointed based on the reviews we've read. Our driver, Carlo, had a very thick accent and did not use a microphone in the van, so it was very difficult for the members of our group sitting in the back to hear anything he said. Also, as hot as it was in Rome that day (41 degrees C!!) we needed to turn down the fan to hear him at all. He did not give us much information, nor did he seem to want to show us anything that might be difficult. At the Spanish Steps, he dropped us at the top and waited for us while we climbed down and then back up.

At the Coliseum we were walked to the line and left there. No information was given nor did Carlo suggest getting an audio tour or joining a group. This really made the entire experience useless, as it was so crowded and hot that we couldn't do much of anything. Again, I'm not sure if we should have done something different, but we weren't even given any suggestions.

Our van, a Mercedes, wasn't nearly as nice as some of the others we toured in throughout the week. Carlo had a cooler of water, but it wasn't cold! The water was hot and did nothing to help us cool down in the heat. The a/c didn't really work as well either and, as I noted above, we needed to keep the fan lower so we could hear him if he decided to speak.

Our Vatican guide, Azurra (Blue), was a different story. She was wonderful and got us through the massive crowds as easily as you could. She was full of information and really made that tour.

We did stop for lunch, at Carlo's recommendation, at a restaurant not far from the Vatican. The food was good and prices reasonable. However, when asked for a good Gelato recommdation, Carlo could not provide one.

All in all, not what any of us expected after reading the stellar reviews on this thread!

We used Rome in Limo in Rome on July 6 and were a little disappointed based on the reviews we've read. Our driver, Carlo, had a very thick accent and did not use a microphone in the van, so it was very difficult for the members of our group sitting in the back to hear anything he said. Also, as hot as it was in Rome that day (41 degrees C!!) we needed to turn down the fan to hear him at all. He did not give us much information, nor did he seem to want to show us anything that might be difficult. At the Spanish Steps, he dropped us at the top and waited for us while we climbed down and then back up.

At the Coliseum we were walked to the line and left there. No information was given nor did Carlo suggest getting an audio tour or joining a group. This really made the entire experience useless, as it was so crowded and hot that we couldn't do much of anything. Again, I'm not sure if we should have done something different, but we weren't even given any suggestions.

Our van, a Mercedes, wasn't nearly as nice as some of the others we toured in throughout the week. Carlo had a cooler of water, but it wasn't cold! The water was hot and did nothing to help us cool down in the heat. The a/c didn't really work as well either and, as I noted above, we needed to keep the fan lower so we could hear him if he decided to speak.

Our Vatican guide, Azurra (Blue), was a different story. She was wonderful and got us through the massive crowds as easily as you could. She was full of information and really made that tour.

We did stop for lunch, at Carlo's recommendation, at a restaurant not far from the Vatican. The food was good and prices reasonable. However, when asked for a good Gelato recommdation, Carlo could not provide one.

All in all, not what any of us expected after reading the stellar reviews on this thread!

Was your guide also booked through Rome In Limo? Ours was and she was wonderful. I agree with laryco, you should contact Jany with your concerns. I would think she would want to hear them. We've never been anything but completely pleased with them.

we had azzurra as well. she was great! as far as the coliseum, your driver was pushing the boundaries of the italian laws, they're not allowed inside as they are just drivers and not licensed guides. the drivers should really collaborate with one another, our driver took us to an awesome panini/bakery place for lunch and an even better gelato place that was within minutes of the vatican.

In the 5 tours we've been on with Romeinlimo, we have never known their cars to be other than pristine. This really surprises me that you had these problems. Yes, the ability to hear clearly and the air conditioning in the car should be addressed with Romeinlimo.

As far as what to do in the Coliseum, the drivers are merely that, drivers...they are not licensed guides although they will talk a bit about Italy in general. As far as what to do once dropped off, that becomes the passengers responsibility ...preplanning would have helped in this case. This is where searches on these boards and trip advisor are so worth the time invested. Tours or "joining a group" has to be booked ahead of time. We booked our Underground Tour months before our trip. The Coliseum seems to be always crowded, but you can walk through/around it and there are many things to read along the way...explaining many aspects of the Coliseum...did you see those?

In the 5 tours we've been on with Romeinlimo, we have never known their cars to be other than pristine. This really surprises me that you had these problems. Yes, the ability to hear clearly and the air conditioning in the car should be addressed with Romeinlimo.

As far as what to do in the Coliseum, the drivers are merely that, drivers...they are not licensed guides although they will talk a bit about Italy in general. As far as what to do once dropped off, that becomes the passengers responsibility ...preplanning would have helped in this case. This is where searches on these boards and trip advisor are so worth the time invested. Tours or "joining a group" has to be booked ahead of time. We booked our Underground Tour months before our trip. The Coliseum seems to be always crowded, but you can walk through/around it and there are many things to read along the way...explaining many aspects of the Coliseum...did you see those?

Thanks for the information. Yes, we did walk around and see the things we could. We even were able to hear some of the information from groups going around when we were in the same vicinity. I realize we should have done more research, so I understand this wasn't Carlo's fault. We did take other tours in Italy where the drivers did so much more than just drive, so I guess I expected that. My mistake. And I did email Jany to let her know about the issues with the van and sound.

Edited by vplsh