Covering on the Lido Deck?

Cruising'51

Cruising in October and understand that there is a possibility of rain. Is there an overhead covering for Lido Deck or pool area on Legend?:confused: Do you just amuse yourself inside?:confused:

Just wondering.:rolleyes:

Cruising in October and understand that there is a possibility of rain.

Is there an overhead covering for Lido Deck or pool area on Legend?:confused:

The pool area aft can be covered by a mobile 'Magadrome' roof that 'telescopes' over the whole area.

Victory-529.jpg

You can see the sliding roof in this picture' date=' the large white object at top.

It runs on rails(see extreme left) when deployed -this is Carnival [b']Victory [/b]btw...

I have not sailed on a Spirit Class ship but to the best of my knowledge they don't have a sliding dome the way the Conquest Class and the Splendor do.

There's plenty of covered area AROUND the pool that's well protected from rain but remember, the ship is moving and most often sails through the nasty weather and into the clear.

:)

Miracle is a Spirt class ship and she does have the extension over the pool for when it rains.

We were on her last July but it never rained so we didn't see the roof in use but it is there.

Lemme tell ya...it rumbles when they deploy it!

At first you think Thunder? but then you realize it's this huuuge thing overhead ..moving! :D

The pool area aft can be covered by a mobile 'Magadrome' roof that 'telescopes' over the whole area.

Victory-529.jpg

You can see the sliding roof in this picture, the large white object at top.

It runs on rails(see extreme left) when deployed -this is Carnival Victory btw...

Thanks for the info everyone!:D But Gah!!! this picture makes me want to just skip the next few months and get to October!!!:D:D If the Legend Lido Deck looks like this, I can't wait until October! (By the way this picture had me so excited, I couldn't even spell the words right to reply back. Had to do a little editing so that you would know what I was saying. My typing left a lot to be desired before editing.:D:D

All Spirit class ships have a retractable roof over the bandstand pool, which is the rear of the middle two pools midship.

In this picture from the Legend, you can see one pool open, and then the next one covered:

166677185pdCWsu_fs.jpg

The Spirit class ships also have a pretty large overhang at the aft adult pool and bar area that would protect you from the rain. It covers a large bar and many tables (and ice cream machines!).

The Spirit class ships also have a pretty large overhang at the aft adult pool and bar area that would protect you from the rain. It covers a large bar and many tables (and ice cream machines!).

Did someone say ice cream:D! My DH will love that it covers the bar, too:D. Not that he/we would notice if it was raining with the DOD in our hands!!:D I am so excited!!! The pictures are making it hard for me to do any work. Just day dreaming about being on that ship!!!:D

But Gah!!! this picture makes me want to just skip the next few months and get to October!!!:D

If the Legend Lido Deck looks like this' date=' I can't wait until October [/quote']OK..just to help you settle down, here are..

LidoPool-11.jpg

At bottom of this shot you can see the row of little (teeth? or rollers)

-all part of the mechanism for sliding the roof into place!

Victory-101.jpg

You can see the outer face of Victory's sliding roof at top left.

OK..just to help you settle down, here are..

Victory-101.jpg

You can see the outer face of Victory's sliding roof at top left.

Mercy! Mercy! I give up!:D And I have to wait until October!!:D How am I going to survive:confused:. It's cloudy and raining here in GA and that sunshire looks gorgeous:D!!

Mercy! Mercy! I give up!:D And I have to wait until October!!:D How am I going to survive:confused:. It's cloudy and raining here in GA and that sunshire looks gorgeous:D!!

Head over to Webshots and search for Carnival Glory and check out all the pics that will come up there. You can even enter your cabin number in and may very well get pics of the cabin as well. I too am waiting until October but the good part in all this is that summer tends to fly by :D

Did someone say ice cream:D! My DH will love that it covers the bar' date=' too:D. Not that he/we would notice if it was raining with the DOD in our hands!!:D I am so excited!!! The pictures are making it hard for me to do any work. Just day dreaming about being on that ship!!!:D[/quote']

That's one of our favorite places on the ship too, handy bar, food not too far away, very handy ice cream machines, handy bathrooms, aft view, etc......Have a great cruise! There are pics in my signature for the Pride and Spirit, sister ships so you can get an idea, of course, the decor will be different for you.

Archived