UK/Europe New Cancellation,Transfer Policy & Deposit Increase

Hi Liz I have often thought of using a US TA, but aren't you invoiced in dollars. If this is the case and at the time of final payment the value of the dollar against the pound drops you will pay more than was first converted at time of booking or are you paying the full balance up from as I would have thought this defeats the purpose. I am not criticising your choice of doing business, just that I am trying to way up the pros and cons and I would not like to gamble on the exchange rate. I am interested in peoples opinions who have been doing this practice. Some of my friends have done it this way but when the dollar was really weak they were getting a very good deal on the cruise in the first place at $2 to the pound. When they came to payng the final bill the exchange rate was 1.39 so the deal was not so attractive.

Yes I pay in dollars.

Normally my caribbean cruises are booked in the US and Med cruises booked in UK. This is because I found it was usually cheaper to book the Med ones here, especially if there is a Early Booking Discount available.

The best bit when booking in US is if I have to cancel, I dont lose my deposit. If I want to change cabins..no admin fee...if I want to change ships/dates whatever then no admin fee.

For me personally booking with my US TA gives me peace of mind I guess...and I am really excited that in Dec on Oasis I will finally, after 4 years, get to meet my US TA :D

As these new Ts & Cs come into effect on 1 June, does the "one free amendment" also apply from that date onwards?

If I made a non-charged amendment to my booking before 1 June, will I be charged if I request a second amendment after 1 June? Or will it be treated as the first free amendment?

Just checked out my cruise on the Navigator for October and there is a price drop - My first! Seeing as it's now Sunday and RCCL UK aren't open on a Sunday, I will have to call Monday , will I be able to get a price drop ? With these new rules? I don't quite understand the changes! Ta.

Just checked out my cruise on the Navigator for October and there is a price drop - My first! Seeing as it's now Sunday and RCCL UK aren't open on a Sunday, I will have to call Monday , will I be able to get a price drop ? With these new rules? I don't quite understand the changes! Ta.

RCCL UK are open on Sundays...11am-5pm

Yes I pay in dollars.

Normally my caribbean cruises are booked in the US and Med cruises booked in UK. This is because I found it was usually cheaper to book the Med ones here, especially if there is a Early Booking Discount available.

The best bit when booking in US is if I have to cancel, I dont lose my deposit. If I want to change cabins..no admin fee...if I want to change ships/dates whatever then no admin fee.

For me personally booking with my US TA gives me peace of mind I guess...and I am really excited that in Dec on Oasis I will finally, after 4 years, get to meet my US TA :D

Cheers Liz, I see your point and there is definately that side of things that you can take comfort from. I am just puting in my pennies worth as it has been said many times on this thread, it is terrible that we have to book on that side of the Atlantic to get these benefits which should be made available to both sides

I wonder if the new policy/charges etc have affected bookings today?

Independence for late 2010/2011 goes on sale today.

I should have been all excited today waiting to book Feb 2011 Indy in OS but instead I got confirmation of my cancelled Allure Inaugural booking I had with RCCL UK.

Sad day for me :(

Hi, did you get your price drop o.k...................:)

I wonder if the new policy/charges etc have affected bookings today?

Independence for late 2010/2011 goes on sale today.

I should have been all excited today waiting to book Feb 2011 Indy in OS but instead I got confirmation of my cancelled Allure Inaugural booking I had with RCCL UK.

Sad day for me :(

ARRRRR poor Liz, so sorry for you:(.........I am on that cruise too.....

Maybe you will like Equinox and try Celeb, I am on that cruisetoo.......:D

Well, at the moment I am NOT pleased with RCI. I booked the Equinox supposed Inaugural - only to find it probably isn't going to be treated as the Inaugural, just advertised as such - grrr...... and I have paid unfortunately and cancelled my wonderful Jewel cruise as it overlapped. My Mum is 94 and wanted to enjoy the excitement of an inaugural. We will have to go as we have paid, but if there are no festivities and passengers are informed on board that the inaugural is the following cruise, there may well be another 'mutiny' such as the one we have just experienced on the Voyager. We were quite frightened at the aggression at one point!!

Tried all day to get through to someone in authority in the UK office - no success!!! One rep said they are not responsible for what TAs advertise - and it can't be a coincidence that at least two large TA's are under the impression they are selling the Inaugural!! Mine also!!!

Hopefully, a nice lady called Gail in the UK office will call me back tomorrow morning as I left my 'phone number for her.

Had to hang on for over half-an-hour each time before anyone answered - they must be losing mega numbers of bookings!!!

I spoke to the RCL travel agent I use today (on a different matter) but it was hard telling him I will be booking with a US agent from now for most of the crusies (I had been looking at booking another in the very near future), I was not the first to tell him that either, he was not a happy bunny.

ARRRRR poor Liz, so sorry for you:(.........I am on that cruise too.....

Maybe you will like Equinox and try Celeb, I am on that cruisetoo.......:D

Thanks :)...but as they say, things happen for a reason...and instead of going on Allure or Indy, I will be in the caribbean with family and friends to celebrate my birthday :D

Equinox looks really nice but it wouldnt suit my son really...wonder if I can leave him at home while I cruise :eek: mmm maybe not yet.

See you in July...if they let me on :o

I spoke to the RCL travel agent I use today (on a different matter) but it was hard telling him I will be booking with a US agent from now for most of the crusies (I had been looking at booking another in the very near future), I was not the first to tell him that either, he was not a happy bunny.

I felt bad telling my RCCL UK agent the same thing :(

Sailor - whats you first name lol

Anyway have you tried emailing Jo head of the UK operation ?

What is going on in that office - have they paid staff off ?

jj.....

You can call me.................sailer? ROTFL Tell you what .........how about h.s.? hehehehehe!!!!

Didn't have her e-mail addy.

However, received an e-mail today and someone (I will withhold the name) is 'phoning me tomorrow. In response to my e-mails to my contact in Miami!!

Had a terrible set-to today on here with a couple of Celebrity 'champion-types' who don't 'get' an Inaugural. Now all been poofed!! Yes, vanished into cyberspace - they insulted me right, left and centre and when I, at last, responded, well...... all hell let loose!! Such fun!! Got them right in the g****s!!!:D:D They don't 'get' the Brits!! I said we are nice, but as Hitler found, don't start with us!!:eek::D or words to that effect!

I tried all day to get through to the UK office. Succeeded twice - once told that they are not responsible for Travel Agents advertising (two agents making the same mistake? Don't think so!!). The other after an hour of rubbish, managed to get someone to take my number for a lady to call back tomorrow.

Anyway, someone, as I said, who sounds quite senior from the title, is 'phoning me tomorrow. So, we shall have to just wait and see!!

They obviously cannot handle the reservation numbers. I wonder why the calls are not diverted to Miami to handle - like Marriott and the big hotel reservation systems.

Its terrible Liz - i wonder is RCI trying to cut out the middle person by hoping customers book direct with them ?

jj...

Well, I cannot substantiate this, but I suspect a large number of their bookings are through the Travel Agents. I can't see them wanting to alienate TAs. But their call centre obviously can't handle the numbers. They have a problem. And if the young lady I spoke to in the special needs and complaints department is anything to go by, they need more staff training.

Hey Salier lol lol

jrzymowska@rccl.com

Definition of inaugural - Initial or first !!

jj....

Ah...... I feel a debate coming on...............................LOL!! First what, that is the question. Ours is a 'soft' cruise according to Celebrity. But the prices are not soft! LOL!! So they seem to think that the first 'proper' cruise will be the one after ours!

The definition I find of an inaugural or maiden cruise, is the first cruise with paying pax. But Celebrity seems to be ignoring maritime traditions and calling the second cruise the inaugural. Unlucky for the ship to mess

with tradition!!

Problem is the TAs in Ingerland are advertising our first cruise as the Inaugural!! Now what will happen when asking about no inaugural celebrations whilst on board, Brit pax are told its NOT the inaugural, which they thought they had booked - as advertised?

Its a ridiculous situation - there is a pre-inaugural freebie, ours is the Inaugural and then the 'so-called Inaugural' is really the post-Inaugural. But all the celebrations etc seem to be arranged for the post-Inaugural, or Inaugural according to Celebrity!! Whew - get it?

Hopefully, they will arrange a bit of excitement on our cruise - but I wouldn't take bets on it. This Company is behaving very strangely lately, I have to say!!

I am just p****d off that I allowed myself to be tempted with this cruise which now promises to be a damp squib and cancelled my Jewel which I had booked our fave cabin over a year ago, 'cos the dates clashed!!

Bummer!!

What think U? All agents I have phoned in the UK think ours is the Inaugural. Now who told them that if not Celebrity? Carnival? HAL? ROTFL

Ah...... I feel a debate coming on...............................LOL!! First what, that is the question. Ours is a 'soft' cruise according to Celebrity. But the prices are not soft! LOL!! So they seem to think that the first 'proper' cruise will be the one after ours!

The definition I find of an inaugural or maiden cruise, is the first cruise with paying pax. But Celebrity seems to be ignoring maritime traditions and calling the second cruise the inaugural. Unlucky for the ship to mess

with tradition!!

Problem is the TAs in Ingerland are advertising our first cruise as the Inaugural!! Now what will happen when asking about no inaugural celebrations whilst on board, Brit pax are told its NOT the inaugural, which they thought they had booked - as advertised?

Its a ridiculous situation - there is a pre-inaugural freebie, ours is the Inaugural and then the 'so-called Inaugural' is really the post-Inaugural. But all the celebrations etc seem to be arranged for the post-Inaugural, or Inaugural according to Celebrity!! Whew - get it?

Hopefully, they will arrange a bit of excitement on our cruise - but I wouldn't take bets on it. This Company is behaving very strangely lately, I have to say!!

I am just p****d off that I allowed myself to be tempted with this cruise which now promises to be a damp squib and cancelled my Jewel which I had booked our fave cabin over a year ago, 'cos the dates clashed!!

Bummer!!

What think U? All agents I have phoned in the UK think ours is the Inaugural. Now who told them that if not Celebrity? Carnival? HAL? ROTFL

Thanks to the shipyard, the ship is being delivered earlier than scheduled ... thought everone knew that!!! They introduced a pre-maiden trip and I think offered those booked on the maiden the chance to sail on the new trip. Things happen - what do you expect them to do - moor the ship in Southampton for a week until it's time for the official 'maiden' voyage???

Ken

Archived