Celebrity Excursions Cancelation & Refund

9stilton

I wonder if anyone has or is experiencing difficulties in getting a refund for shore excursions that were booked & cancelled on the internet.

In my case I booked some shore excursions & then having found fellow cruisers to share private tours with cancelled them after checking with Celebrity that I would get a full refund. Some 6 weeks later I still have not received any refund & cannot even get Customer Services to even respond to e mails with information as to when I can expect to receive them.

Needless to say this so far means at least 2 credit card statements with big deficits and the associated costs & it seems Celebrity are determined to hold onto my cash for as long as possible.

For all Celebrity's good points I have found their Customer Service asolutely atrocious to the point where I will most likely never sail with them again.

Has anyone else had similar experiences or can anyone give advice as to how to get Celebrity to refund such monies?

I wonder if anyone has or is experiencing difficulties in getting a refund for shore excursions that were booked & cancelled on the internet.

In my case I booked some shore excursions & then having found fellow cruisers to share private tours with cancelled them after checking with Celebrity that I would get a full refund. Some 6 weeks later I still have not received any refund & cannot even get Customer Services to even respond to e mails with information as to when I can expect to receive them.

Needless to say this so far means at least 2 credit card statements with big deficits and the associated costs & it seems Celebrity are determined to hold onto my cash for as long as possible.

For all Celebrity's good points I have found their Customer Service asolutely atrocious to the point where I will most likely never sail with them again.

Has anyone else had similar experiences or can anyone give advice as to how to get Celebrity to refund such monies?

Hi,:) a couple of questions for you. When did you book these on line?

When is your cruise? If you tried to cancel them and the cancellation

has not happened, and you have not sailed yet, you can cancel them

after you board the ship and the refund will be put on your

seapass account.

Now, you mentioned this being 6 weeks ago?

I would say call the Excursion dept and ask for a

Supervisor.

No, I have not had any of these issues before with excursions.

I have booked things and cancelled and it went through smoothly.

Sorry you are having such difficulties:(

Lois R

Thanks for the response. For your information the 6 weeks since tour cancelation is before the cruise has began -- so on board credit is / was not an option.

The amount I am talking off is c.£500 so even if it was on board credit my on board account with no tours may not even reach that value

YOU SHOULD ALL BE AWARE OF THE LIKLEY OUTCOME OF CANCELLING ONLINE TOUR BOOKINGS WITH CELEBRITY

The poster above is correct - Celebrity's customer service - as times can be terrible. We've had problems with refunds for items which are booked online prior to the cruise. We booked tours online and had some difficulty in getting credits when X cancelled them - but the worst was specialty restaurant reservations.

We booked two evenings in the specialty restaurant on a recent cruise from NZ to HI (repositioning). We ate there the first night, noticed a decline in service - and since we liked our table in the Dining Room, cancelled the second night a week in advance. The host simply said, OK, I note your cancellation, but we don't do the credits, you have to take care of that separately.

When I went to the front desk, they referred me to the host. Once that circle pointing problem was resolved, they said they couldn't find a charge to credit -- which is true because the charge was online prior to the cruise - and not on our onboard account. When I explained that to them (4 times) that the charge was online, they said they would look into it. It took 3 follow up visits to get the credit.

I can just imagine if this would have happened to some people - they would assume Celebrity is taking care of it when they cancelled the reservation - which they had no intention of doing. (and we all know of their customer service after the cruise is over - is even worse) Celebrity can rip you off in this manner - and I'm sure they have done so

Archived