Bernard's Tours

We used Bernard last week 6/11 sailing. He was awesome. He will answer all your questions. He is very proud of his island and gives a great tour. My son (21yo) and Bernard had a blast together. At the end of the tour they had a few shots of his rum punch together. 1 small cup got me very happy. It is really strong. Be careful. My girls really liked the beer he offered.

Are the beverages (beer, pop, rumpunch) available on the regular ($35 pp) tour? Or just the private tour?

Drinks are available on all tours. Payment at the end of the tour.

Bernard is a great tour. We had been advised to only go on a ship excursion, took the advice of CC and booked Bernard, and were not unhappy. He has a lot of information to give, is kind, friendly, and has a good sense of humor. I felt I really knew St. Maarten when I was done. We had Bernard, himself, but our group was too large and there was another, smaller van with us. We all stayed together through the tour.

How much time do you spend at Orient and Maho beaches?

He'll pretty much go based on what your group wants. I think we stayed at Maho Beach for about 45 minutes - long enough to see a few planes come in, have a drink if wanted, use the washroom, etc. We just hung out by the bar and watched from there (and were glad we did when we saw a group of people on the beach get blasted into the water when a large plane took off!).

Orient Beach was our last stop, and he was going to leave us there for about 3 hours I believe, but he came back early and we all decided to head back a bit early to do some shopping around the pier before dinner.

Overall we had a wonderful day!

We used Bernard last week 6/11 sailing. He was awesome. He will answer all your questions. He is very proud of his island and gives a great tour. My son (21yo) and Bernard had a blast together. At the end of the tour they had a few shots of his rum punch together. 1 small cup got me very happy. It is really strong. Be careful. My girls really liked the beer he offered.

It was great hanging out with your family that day! It was one of the highlights of our trip! :) Hope you are all doing well!

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if its just me, but I just went to Bernard's website, and I didn't see a 'contact' button or an email address for him. Can someone tell me how to contact or email Bernard directly, so that I can get information regarding booking? Thanks!

Monie

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if its just me, but I just went to Bernard's website, and I didn't see a 'contact' button or an email address for him. Can someone tell me how to contact or email Bernard directly, so that I can get information regarding booking? Thanks!

Monie

Contact information, including e-mail, is on his About Me page and Contact Us page.

gary

I am thinking about doing this tour. The only thing that is holding me back is beach time and shopping. Did you feel rushed with the shopping? I'd love to spend at least 3 hours on the beach to relax & have lunch. Once you finish up at Orient Beach does he take you directly back to the ship or do you make stops for pictures or anything? I'm wondering if we can pay him for the tour and possibly take a taxi back to the pier if we felt like staying at the beach longer. Does anyone know if that is possible or what the cost would be to take a taxi back? On the other hand, I wouldn't want to miss out on anything on the way back to the ship.

I heard so many good things about this tour, I decided to check it out and book it. I went to http://www.shoreadventures.com. Just want people to know that that price listed on that website is now $44.00 not $35.00.

I thought this was the website I needed to visit, but it's not. See gtaylor's post and click on the about me link in his message.

You can book the tour or contact Bernard directly through his own website (http://www.bernardstours.com). His e-mail address on his business card is bernard1332002@yahoo.com.

Bernard stopped at a large department-style store as the first stop on the tour - they had very reasonably priced items if that's what you're looking for. It was the wal-mart of souvenirs. Then he did a sightseeing drive and made 2 stops for photos (I'm sure he'd make more if you asked), then we headed off to Maho Beach to watch the planes (the beach stop was short as it's not the nicest beach for swimming - more for having a drink and plane-watching). Then we headed to Marigot - our stop there did feel rushed - we only had time to grab some pastries for lunch and that was it (45 minute stop). The only shopping there seemed to be souvenirs as well though, and Bernard said it's more expensive to shop on the French side as they're using the Euro. Then we headed to Orient Beach where he left us for a few hours (we had a late stop in St. Maarten - docked from 12-9, so the beach was winding down when we got there, hence the short stay/rush to get back). I'm sure he could drop you off in downtown Philipsburg to do some shopping on the way back to the ship and you could take the water taxi or walk back. Or alternatively, there are a lot of stores around the pier where you could do your shopping.

Do you think it might be better to do the sightseeing and shopping on our own vs the tour?

I'd say it depends where you want to go. We would never have been able to see all that we did on our own, so we were glad we took the tour.

If you are only interested in seeing Philipsburg (downtown on the Dutch side), it's easy to do on your own via water-taxi. If you want to check out the different beaches though, Marigot (the French capital), etc, I'd highly recommend a tour as I don't know how you'd go about doing that on your own without paying significant amounts of $$ for taxis, etc.

Has anyone had experience dealing with shoreadventures.com? I booked Bernard's tour through them before learning about booking directly with Bernard. Now either they have a major computer/internet problem or... they went out of business. I did not receive my tour vouchers (via email) and now I can not reach them either through their wesite or by phone. The website says acess is denied "forbidden" and when I call I get an all circuits busy message. Any info would be appreciated.

I just talked to Deuce at Shore Adventrues. Shoreadventures.com is having technical difficulties with their site. Their server is down. It should be fixed today.

Can you tell me how to contact them? The website and phone still do not work. I do not want to miss out on Benard's tour.

Can you tell me how to contact them? The website and phone still do not work. I do not want to miss out on Benard's tour.

I'd try contacting Bernard directly at bernard1332002@yahoo.com , explain the situation, and see if Shore Adventures has passed the booking to him.

You may be just fine, with the exception of having paid a few dollars more by not booking directly.

gary

I agree with the above post...........contact Bernard via his email as he is aware that Shore Adventure website has crashed as I do stay in touch with him. You can book direct with Bernard.

Also his website........http://www.Bernardstours.com has more info.

Here is the direct link for bookings from his site:

http://www.bernardstours.com/feedback.htm

We love Bernards tour and Bernard! Can't wait to tour with him next April!!

Good Luck and Enjoy!

I agree with the above post...........contact Bernard via his email as he is aware that Shore Adventure website has crashed as I do stay in touch with him. You can book direct with Bernard.

Also his website........http://www.Bernardstours.com has more info.

Here is the direct link for bookings from his site:

http://www.bernardstours.com/feedback.htm

We love Bernards tour and Bernard! Can't wait to tour with him next April!!

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Thank you for the suggestion. I did contact Bernard today as I really don't want to miss out on his tour. I just don't want to be charged twice for the same tour. I hope I get this cleared up before I board the ship on Thursday.

Archived