Bernard's Tours

To those of you touring with Bernard soon.........ENJOY! Please come back and post as I know you will love Bernard and his tour.

Via emails with Bernard this week he had yet another group of 10 for a private tour not show:( They emailed him from the ship the day before and said they were all to sunburn to make the tour. He had turned down other private bookings....that is a huge loss of money for him. The new laws on the island do not let him take "walk-up" customers.

Things on the islands take very much longer than in the states.

He is trying very hard to get the credit card policy/situation worked out. He is doing his best and will get it all together so everyone is comfortable and happy.

Please give him the benefit of the doubt.

This saddens me for any tour guide not just Bernard.

This group could have gone on the tour and worked it out with Bernard not to get alot of sun exposure.

That IS alot of money to lose.

Laura

I'm trying to book a reservation with Bernard right now. I sent him an email and he sent me the link to his website back and said that he will confirm my reservation when I fill out the form. Problem....can't get to his website.

I've emailed him back ... hopefully we can work something out. I really want to go on this tour as we've been to St. Maarten before and just did the shopping/beach day on our own and we want a tour this time.

I'll keep you informed.

~Jill

Well I couldn't get the link he emailed me to work so I used one from this site .... the one that takes you directly to his reservation form. www.bernardstours.com/feedback.htm I filled it out and within the hour I had confirmation from Bernard for my tour. He has wonderful customer service.

Thanks to all on this site for your info. too. By the way, he did not ask for a deposit.

~Jill

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank all of you who have done the tour and come back on here and told us about your experience.. Me and my DH have only been to the Eastern Caribbean once so far and our second time is coming up very shortly. I just couldnt decide what we were going to do in this port and I came across this post and you guys made up my mind for me!!!

I emailed Bernard last night and we are all set for next month.. Cant wait.. I will definitely come back on here after we get back and post our experience!! This tour sounds too good to be true for that price!

I just wanted to thank all of you who have done the tour and come back on here and told us about your experience.. Me and my DH have only been to the Eastern Caribbean once so far and our second time is coming up very shortly. I just couldnt decide what we were going to do in this port and I came across this post and you guys made up my mind for me!!!

I emailed Bernard last night and we are all set for next month.. Cant wait.. I will definitely come back on here after we get back and post our experience!! This tour sounds too good to be true for that price!

Enjoy your cruise and enjoy Bernard and his tour!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! You will have a wonderful time and see the gorgeous Island the best way;)

What about tipping on a tour like this? What do you suggest?

Well, I did a tour on Dominica with someone that charged $40 per person and I gave $200 total ($10 per person tip) because we all had a blast (he was so great, I booked him again for the cruise that I'm on). I tend to tip above average at 25%, but that's just me. I believe in taking care of people who do well for you. That said, if you feel that he did well for you, do the best that you can afford. Tipping at your discretion, not an obligation. I hope all of this verbiage helps. ;)

Based on reviews here we booked Bernard's tours - we had Bernard himself and the reviews do not do him justice! We had a blast and would recommend him to anybody.

Wendy

Based on reviews here we booked Bernard's tours - we had Bernard himself and the reviews do not do him justice! We had a blast and would recommend him to anybody.

Wendy

I agree.........words in no way do Bernard justice. He is by far.........the best tour guide and the NICEST person I have ever met.

If the world had more people like Bernard...............what a beautiful place it would be:D

Those that have already toured with Bernard, I have questions.

When you get to Orient Beach - are there jet ski available to rent close by?

His tour sounds a lot like what I'm looking for. Sightseeing, shopping, beach. But we are also hoping for lunch at a local place & my DH is wanting jet skis or ATVs.

I had been looking into the ATVs, but we will have two 7 year olds with us - and I'm worried about the trip being too rough with them. Not to mention it's been a long time since DH & I have been on an ATV. But jet skis might be the ticket for DH to get his "thrill".

Thank you for any information you can share.

I can't remember if Orient had jet ski's or not:confused: I can say though the 2 hous there went by VERY fast.

What other Islands are you going to?

You can email Bernard with this question. He would be happy to let you know your options. His tour is so worth it as you get to see SO much and it really makes a complete and happy ay on the Island.

bernards332002@yahoo.com

I emailed Bernard about a private tour.

I googled Orient Beach after posting here, the website does list jet skis. But it doesn't have to be Orient Beach for us.

We are also going to St. Thomas, but we have that day set up already with Island Girl.

Bernard did say we could pay the deposit via credit card over email. I would prefer another way. I emailed him about that but haven't heard back, I can't imagine what a phone call would cost - but email is just not a safe way to do it. With Island Girl we did the deposit via paypal.

I emailed Bernard about a private tour.

I googled Orient Beach after posting here, the website does list jet skis. But it doesn't have to be Orient Beach for us.

We are also going to St. Thomas, but we have that day set up already with Island Girl.

Bernard did say we could pay the deposit via credit card over email. I would prefer another way. I emailed him about that but haven't heard back, I can't imagine what a phone call would cost - but email is just not a safe way to do it. With Island Girl we did the deposit via paypal.

Email Bernard again and ask him to call you to get the deposit information. I'm sure it won't be a problem.

It really is comforting to see how many people really recommend Bernard!

Our cruise is over a year away. I'm researching ahead to have a 1st and 2nd choice lined up for when we can book. If that makes sense.

I will email him again.

Thank you.

Well, I had emailed Bernard and one other tour guide I read positive reviews on here. I set out what we would like to do while in St. Martin, asking if there would be enough time - and what the charge would be. Also, if there was a safer way to pay the deposit - other than email.

The other tour guide sent me a polite response. But it was a form letter. I know it was a form letter, as I've seen the exact letter here on Cruise Critic. There was nothing wrong with it - it was very informative and friendly - but it didn't answer any of my questions as to what we would like to do while there.

Bernard answered me directly. Each question. He let me know it was doable (what we wanted). And he even said he would be happy to call me to get the deposit if I didn't want to use email.

So, I'm very happy with our choice - Bernard. We aren't going until December 2010 - however, seeing as he books up fast/early, I'm glad to have found all these reviews this far in advance. :)

Now, I just have to patiently wait for the calendar to start moving. :)

Archived