Just Back from Bermuda 5/24-31

LindaLa

lindala, do you know how much it costs to park the car for 7 nites? Going to bermuda 8-30 or is a car service cheaper in the long run? Also, good review. Sorry you were disappointed with the front street fair in hamilton. Can you post a little more about it? Is it worth the trip over and back? How long does it last...tia

don't forget about our roll call. We have the slowest roll call in history!!!! There are roll calls for cruises that have sailed months ago that are way more active than ours.

Regarding driving to the pier - we came through the Lincoln Tunnel and headed uptown. There are clearly marked signs. We tried to enter using the 55th st entrance, but due to Fleet Week they had blocked the roads. We ended up going further uptown and then backtracking. We didn't have to do that in the past. One very helpful suggestion that we got on these boards, was that due to construction at the Pier, it was best to go directly to the Parking Lot, drop your bags with the porter, park and then walk down stairs to the terminal. It saved us a lot of time. There were attendents there to direct you. We told them we wanted to drop our bags. They directed to the exact location, a porter was there to assist with the bags and we drove back down to the entrance to the lot and the attendant directed us back into the parking lot. Very simple process and it only took a few minutes.

LindaLa,Thanks so much for the info...We may consider not going at night to see the 'festival' and stay on board, catch a show, etc. Maybe during the day to the Gov't. office as I want a Bermuda stamp on my Passport! Maybe we'll also swing over Ferry also to St. George and "meander"..We've been there several times and done so much of it. Then we'll see.

Thanks again, you were most helpful.

I don't think there's a dress code for the Harbor Nights Festival. Some people dress up, some don't:

4285_86376727404_533587404_1865664_7185187_n.jpg

We definitely didn't dress up there:

4285_86376732404_533587404_1865665_4449553_n.jpg

Thanks for the pictures..If we go, we won't be the ones in suits for sure LOL..

One very helpful suggestion that we got on these boards, was that due to construction at the Pier, it was best to go directly to the Parking Lot, drop your bags with the porter, park and then walk down stairs to the terminal. It saved us a lot of time. There were attendents there to direct you. We told them we wanted to drop our bags. They directed to the exact location, a porter was there to assist with the bags and we drove back down to the entrance to the lot and the attendant directed us back into the parking lot. Very simple process and it only took a few minutes.

Are you saying to go directly to parking instead of dropping everyone but the driver at the terminal entrance. Will there be porters in the parking area to take our bags?

Thanks,

Carole

you would never wear short and a sleeve less tee **** with sandals to one of the best restaurants in New York-- why are they ruining the atmosphere in speciality restaurant by allowing pool side or beach attire??? Iwillnotpay a surcharge for that atmosphere.

Big green

Thanks for the review!

Can you tell me what you mean by the parking at the pier..that you drove right to the parking lot? Where else would you drive to?

You pull up, drop off lugge and go park..what other option is there??

Thanks.

Are you saying to go directly to parking instead of dropping everyone but the driver at the terminal entrance. Will there be porters in the parking area to take our bags?

Thanks,

Carole

The new parking works well. You drive up the first ramp where it says parking. There is no reason to drop anyone off first. When you get to the parking level you pay ($30 per day) and then pull over to the side. There are baggage people there to hand your stuff to. Then one of you drives to the nearest parking space and walks back and you all go downstairs via the esculator to the terminal floor. It is even easier than it used to be.

Enjoy

Jeanne

Hi,

I am sailing from Boston to Bermuda in a few weeks with my family and can you please tell me about ther beach as far as the current and is this beach just as nice as the other ones youy visited in Bermuda and will we enjoy the beach.

Regarding the parking, my husband used to drive us up to the terminal, drop off our bags and us and then head up to parking, park and then meet us back down in the terminal. With the construction, it is now just easier to head right up to the parking lot. They have porters there to take you bags and it is a quick walk and elevator ride down to the terminal to check in.

The only problem I had was my luggage tag ripped right off, even with it covered in clear packing tape! I wish NCL would just send out luggage tags!

I agree. The tags from the web are terrible. They did rip off even though I covered the whole thing with clear packing tape. My DD went on the same cruise with us and used the same TA and she received regular tags in the mail. Wish I knew how she did it. She was in a balcony and we were in an outside cabin. Maybe that matters.

Jeanne

Why should you care what others were they are on vacation and should be able to where what they want if ncl is not enforcing it then so be it...I think to many people spend to much time complaining about what others wear to dinner....

Regarding luggage tags, it does not matter what type of room you have, we were in a balcony and still had to print the luggage tags from our e-docs online.

Regarding dinner, the only reason I included the information was for future cruisers . We would have packed much differently if we had known NCL would allow all types of dress for dinner. We would not have packed all the dress clothes we did had we known. That being said, neither of us would have shown up in the dining room in a tank top, sloppy shorts. and flip flops. We would have worn capris and dress shorts, with collar shorts. I just think that neat dress should be required in the dining rooms -there are other options on ship for those who wish not to get dressed. There is a thread and poll for further comments on this boad.

Archived