All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

[quote name='Irishlinny'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]In addition to the 8 sodas, they also give you bottled water...I think it was 4 bottles. But you can opt to have it all be water if you like:)[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Can you take the leftover water and soda back to your cabin on the ship?

When do HAL folks pick the sodas they would like for the cabana

The form is waiting in your cabin on embarkation day. Just drop it off at Shore Excursions.

There will also be another form if you want to add the Butler Service. Both forms will be in a pink envelope in your cabin.

Edited by Typhoon1

Just back from Carnival Liberty, we had cabana #6 (purple). It was wonderful. close to the restrooms and food. The ship bar was not a nuisance, I could barely hear the music from the cabana. No problems with squatters. I did notice that the shower for#6 is actually on the deck platform. Other cabanas there was a separation of the shower and the deck. It was perfect for us.

Just back from Carnival Liberty, we had cabana #6 (purple). It was wonderful. close to the restrooms and food. The ship bar was not a nuisance, I could barely hear the music from the cabana. No problems with squatters. I did notice that the shower for#6 is actually on the deck platform. Other cabanas there was a separation of the shower and the deck. It was perfect for us.

I had #6 last Aug! It was great!

Might try to grab a lower # cabana in Sept...closer to the water play area.

Good to know that the one's by the bar are nice too. I'm worried about what # we'll get since we are not Platinum and won't be on the ship that early.

Can you take the leftover water and soda back to your cabin on the ship?

We brought the leftover chips in the bag we didn't eat back to the ship too. All the other food we left (fresh fruit, salsa, etc.) but those chips were too good to leave! Huge bag of Tostitos!

so it looks like Carnival has decided to allow people to book the Cabanas for HMC online now. When we went to HMC last year we couldnt book the cabanas online, only once on board the ship. BUMMER that they changed this policy. I figured we had to wait to board to book then I see it today on the carnival site for HMC excursions...and of coarse it says SOLD OUT!!! Oh that bums me out! I had planned to book one for my wife and I since this is our wedding vow renewal cruise and I wanted the wife to get a cabana. Ugggghhhhh :mad:

so it looks like Carnival has decided to allow people to book the Cabanas for HMC online now. When we went to HMC last year we couldnt book the cabanas online, only once on board the ship. BUMMER that they changed this policy. I figured we had to wait to board to book then I see it today on the carnival site for HMC excursions...and of coarse it says SOLD OUT!!! Oh that bums me out! I had planned to book one for my wife and I since this is our wedding vow renewal cruise and I wanted the wife to get a cabana. Ugggghhhhh :mad:

I would check back everyday to see if someone cancels their cabana.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be in HMC in November and I got my parents a cabana. I have read here that you can use the cabana tickets as your tender ticket. My husband, cousin and I are on the same cruise. Can we tag along with my parents or do we (3 of us) need to get our own tender tickets?

Not sure how new this policy is, as I also booked online based on feedback from this board. I also read that you can put your name on the waiting list once on board in the event someone cancels. You can also keep checking Carnival's website until you leave to see if there is a cancellation. Good luck and have fun either way!

We'll be in HMC in November and I got my parents a cabana. I have read here that you can use the cabana tickets as your tender ticket. My husband, cousin and I are on the same cruise. Can we tag along with my parents or do we (3 of us) need to get our own tender tickets?

Tender tickets are a thing of the past. With the large land based tenders, there is plenty of room without controlling capacity.

I'll be visiting HMC next March, and would like to bring the family to swim with the stingrays. Carnival does not offer an excursion thru their site.

I would sure appreciate any info people might have to offer.

Thanks!

Have you checked with the Excursion Dept? We just went to HMC on the Liberty June 11th & we did the stingray excursion with Carnival. I booked it online. It is a private island so it would have to be booked with the cruise (at least I would think so).

I'll be visiting HMC next March, and would like to bring the family to swim with the stingrays. Carnival does not offer an excursion thru their site.

I would sure appreciate any info people might have to offer.

Thanks!

We're sailing on 11/14 and I see the stingray tour online for $24.95. You might want to check it out again, or maybe closer to your sailing?

Tender tickets are a thing of the past. With the large land based tenders, there is plenty of room without controlling capacity.

Actually as of June for HMC they are still using tender tickets if you want to tender before 11 am. If you are booked on an excursion before 10:30, they tell you where to wait so you get priority tendering. Other than that, they give you a sticker to put on your clothing with the tender number and when they call you, you go.