arrival time?

Lessa11

The info on NCL's website says to arrive 1 or 2 hours before departure, but I keep reading about people arriving many hours before. Why arrive so early? It sounds like they don't let you board that many hours in advance.

The info on NCL's website says to arrive 1 or 2 hours before departure, but I keep reading about people arriving many hours before. Why arrive so early? It sounds like they don't let you board that many hours in advance.

They do let you board the ship.:)

They say that to discourage all 3,000 people from arriving at the pier at the same time. We always arrive at the pier around 11:00 and are on board by noon. We just can't get to our cabins yet because they're still cleaning them. We like to board as early as possible to start our vacation!

Why do people arrive way earlier?

Easy - they want to get the vacation started. They want to go sit in the dining room and have a nice quiet lunch before it gets busy. They want to tour the ship before it is time to go.

As the Black Eyed Peas would sing

"Lets get this party started!"

I think the instructions are a little confusing as I was under the same assumption after reading the edocs. However, I have re-reviewed the materials and understand that NCL doesn't want you to arrive more than 1 hour prior to BOARDING time and they want you on the ship no later than 1 hour prior to DISEMBARKING time. So, if boarding time is 12:00 PM, than you could arrive at 11:00 AM - and if disembarkig is 4:00 PM, you should be on board no later than 3:00 PM. Does that make better sense?

Also, from reading the boards it sounds like boarding a little early gives you the chance to start your vacation a little early. ;) I think that is a great plan!

As others have said, the earlier you board the sooner the vacation starts. And think of it this way. On a 7 day cruise, you are charged a DSC for 7 days. You are actually only on the ship 6 full days. If you break that 7th day down by meals you receive, get on the ship in time to have lunch and dinner, and then have breakfast on the day you get off and that is your complete 7th day! :D

CG

and if disembarkig is 4:00 PM, you should be on board no later than 3:00 PM. Does that make better sense?

You have your terminology a bit mixed up. Disembarkation means getting off the ship...such as the following typical statement from cruise lines (not meant to be an exact quote):

"Disembarkation will begin after the ship is cleared by customs and immigration authorities, approximately 2 hours after arriving in port."

What you're thinking of is when the ship is leaving one port for its next port of call, and passengers are typically instructed to be back on board the ship a half hour (and crew an hour) prior to the scheduled sailing time.

we ve paid for our cruise..may as well start it as soon as possible..even if it just mean walking the decks and spending time in the buffet..

on debarkation day they want you on early so Homeland can clear each

passenger..

on disembarkation Custom s needs to clear the ship..

oops! Sorry about the terminology error with "disembarking"

I guess I will learn better once I take my first cruise. Can't wait!!!

No problem Stam. We all knew what you meant. Congrats on your first cruise! :)

CG

Archived