Recent CB Reviews

GrammieK

Has anyone read the recent reviews of CB on the CC review board? They seem to be on the negative side. I know Wilfross wrote a glowing review and I look forward to experiencing what he experienced, but what do you think can be attributed to 3 in a row poor reviews? I guess not knowing the people who wrote them it is hard to figure it out.

Seeing all of the posts about what to expect on a cruise makes me realize that we all want something else out of our cruise vacation. I think that asking for clean bedding without holes would be one thing that we all agree on. I guess attitude is also important but I don't think it matters if you have the lowest priced cabin or a suite - some things are expected from a cruise ship, whatever the ship or cruise line. Any thoughts?

Kathie

I have no idea why those people did not enjoy their cruise. I was just on the CB for the second time and had a wonderful cruise! In fact I will be sailing on her again in October. I guess we all have different expectations. I expected a clean cabin, delicious food, decent entertainment and excellent service and that is exactly what I got. :D

I have no idea why those people did not enjoy their cruise. I was just on the CB for the second time and had a wonderful cruise! In fact I will be sailing on her again in October. I guess we all have different expectations. I expected a clean cabin, delicious food, decent entertainment and excellent service and that is exactly what I got. :D

I was also concerned as there appear to be alot of reviews talking about staff being overworked. I think most cruise staff are overworked, but most of the time are very accommodating.

I also expect a clean cabin, good food (not gourmet)and decent entertainment.

I am encouraged when I read positive reviews, but I'm still concerned about so many negative ones.

Ditto!!! I went with many apprehensions due primarily to the negative reviews I was reading prior to our cruise. So I know where you are coming from.

I said it before and believe it to be true. Your first cruise is a pleasant surprise and then you go on another, and another and another. After a while you can't help but start comparing one cruise to another, one ship to another, and one cruise line to another. It's human nature.

I personally believe that cruising is different (better or worse) than land vacations. Once you get used to it and what is going on, you start to have expectations that did not exist on your first cruise.

We wanted the same as the person I quoted above, and CB far exceeded that. Everything else was new, exciting and fun.

I just hope I never reach the point where I take cruising so for granted that I start to nit pick each and every little item. I seem to remember a waiter drop a dessert near his work station. He quickly clearned it up and got another for the passenger. Perhaps the rug got a stain, but then again perhaps it did not. One thing is for certain, it did not effect my enjoyment of the cruise in the slightest.

Happy sailing. A bad day on a cruise far exceeds a great day at work!

While I can give some negative posts the benefit of the doubt, it's those who post for the sole reason of causing a stir, which you can spot a mile away.

Have to remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Differences of opinion are what makes this site worth reading.

It's sad people take negative reviews way too seriously.

If a negative review truly bothers you, don't post and move on.

It's that simple.

Just cruised on CB this past April and had a wonderful time. The crew was very friendly although our room steward also told us several times how overworked he was. I'm sure this is typical - but he seemed to be looking for additional tips IMO (which we gave him by the way - due to the great service). Only complaints we had were that they allowed small children to rough house and do cannon balls in the adult pool aft - even after many folks complained and left the area because they were angry. Also - our bed was as hard as a rock. This is funny though because we travelled with two other couples right beside us and their beds were not hard. Other than those small things we had a wonderful cruise and we've been on 12 of them to compare with. Go and enjoy. I'm sure you will.

Last year when we were getting ready to sail one of the engines was down on the CB and the ship wasn't able to go at its usual speed. There was also an air conditioning problem and some people were complaining up a storm. We had a delightful cruise and wouldn't have noticed anything being amiss if there hadn't been such a big fuss made about it. For me the joy is being able to relax and watch the ocean go by. Anything else is gravy.

Last year when we were getting ready to sail one of the engines was down on the CB and the ship wasn't able to go at its usual speed. There was also an air conditioning problem and some people were complaining up a storm. We had a delightful cruise and wouldn't have noticed anything being amiss if there hadn't been such a big fuss made about it. For me the joy is being able to relax and watch the ocean go by. Anything else is gravy.

We sailed on CB last November and after reading the reviews I was also concerned. I looked for the problems posted but did not find anything to complain about. Since then I stopped reading the reviews.

I think more people take the time to post negative reviews than positive ones. The recent one by Wilfros (??) was an exception.

I know I have taken the time on Trip Advisor to write good reviews. I've never done a CC review, even though we've been on so many cruises.

I don't think I will ever understand why people get concerned because they read several negative reviews here on CC. 3100 people on each cruise and 2 or 3 complain.....thats 1/10%.......that means 99.9% either enjoyed their cruise or didn't feel anything was bad enough to affect their cruise. While everyone is certainly entitled tp their own opinion won't it make more sense to go on the cruise and form your own opinion? Not trying to insult anyone but the most important opinion should be your own!!!

A bad day on a cruise ship is much better than a good day at the office! Or even better a good day sitting in traffic.

When I get home from a cruise I don't understand why my room steward doesn't make my bed and when I call DINE I don't get room service! Does this put it in perspective for you? You expect a good cruise and you get one. You look for negatives and I'm sure you can find them too.

Ditto!!!

I said it before and believe it to be true. Your first cruise is a pleasant surprise and then you go on another, and another and another. After a while you can't help but start comparing one cruise to another, one ship to another, and one cruise line to another. It's human nature.

Happy sailing. A bad day on a cruise far exceeds a great day at work!

I think you nailed it - 1st cruise always impressive, then you're so used to A-Star service so the smallest thing going wrong is a disappointment.

I don't think I will ever understand why people get concerned because they read several negative reviews here on CC. 3100 people on each cruise and 2 or 3 complain.....thats 1/10%.......that means 99.9% either enjoyed their cruise or didn't feel anything was bad enough to affect their cruise. While everyone is certainly entitled tp their own opinion won't it make more sense to go on the cruise and form your own opinion? Not trying to insult anyone but the most important opinion should be your own!!!

The negative ones are so negative that you are sure to have a better time than the reviewer. The positive ones are so positive that you are sure to be disappointed.

The negative ones are so negative that you are sure to have a better time than the reviewer. The positive ones are so positive that you are sure to be disappointed.

I agree with you. I tried to be impartial and non emotional, but got carried away. As a "first time cruiser" I don't think it is possible to not get carried away with the grandeur of the whole cruise experience.

My positive review is because we had a better holiday on CB than any of our past vacations (including all inclusives in Jamaica, 2 bedroom suites in Miami, 2 bedroom suites in Sedona AZ, a 3 week bike tour through Loire Valley of France where we stayed in 5 star Châteaux’s and eat 8 course meals etc.).

I thought we had experienced some Fantastic vacations, then we went on our Cruise. The bar was immediately raised. Our traveling companions ALWAYS go to Las Vegas (every year) and are now changing that to a cruise instead.

With that, it is difficult for a first timer not to have your excitment creep into your review and you want to shout out to everyone that can hear you how great the vacation was. And CC provides an audience for your shreeks.

;)For all the newbies on the CB, all I could tell you is not to worry about the negative reviews, you have to experience it for yourself. I know I am going to stir the pot, but I think some of the negative reviews come from people that love other cruise lines and try to turn off people from Princess.

My family and I have been going on the CB for the last 5 years in a row. The ship is beautiful and kept very clean. I'm sorry, but if you go on vacation with a negative aspect, you will find things to pick on, and find fault where none exist. I can't wait to go back in 3 weeks. When you first step on the ship you know you're on vacation. I love how people complain about the food, if you don't find something you like on this ship, then I'm sorry people should bring their own chef along.

Last July we had engine problems and some area's of the ship was warmer than others, but you know what, it was the best trip ever. Every year it gets better and better. My family of 5 (DH, 2 DS (ages 22 & 24) and DD (17) are so excited.

I agree with you. I tried to be impartial and non emotional, but got carried away. As a "first time cruiser" I don't think it is possible to not get carried away with the grandeur of the whole cruise experience.

My positive review is because we had a better holiday on CB than any of our past vacations (including all inclusives in Jamaica, 2 bedroom suites in Miami, 2 bedroom suites in Sedona AZ, a 3 week bike tour through Loire Valley of France where we stayed in 5 star Châteaux’s and eat 8 course meals etc.).

I thought we had experienced some Fantastic vacations, then we went on our Cruise. The bar was immediately raised. Our traveling companions ALWAYS go to Las Vegas (every year) and are now changing that to a cruise instead.

With that, it is difficult for a first timer not to have your excitment creep into your review and you want to shout out to everyone that can hear you how great the vacation was. And CC provides an audience for your shreeks.

I hear you loud and clear. I did the same thing in my one and only review and that is after being on CB for the second time. That was last year when CB was getting such negative press from passenger who sailed that fall. I felt I needed to write something so future passengers could relax and not worry.

I was on the same sailing as Wilfros and my cousin and I were hard pressed to find any negatives!

This was my first sailing on the CB although I did the same ports 2 times on the Crown. I wasn't expecting to top my experience on the Crown but the CB did! While speaking with the Exec. Chef he confirmed that the menu now being used is a little over a year old. Let me tell you, no other line gives you as many food choices in the buffet areas alone. I did 2 RCL sailings last year and there was not comparison with the CB for food choices, quality and preparation of the food, entertainment and CD and staff, activities (too many to even try to do all of them), the ease of boarding and disembarking (sitting in a lounge vs. finding a spot to lean on RCL), being treated like a human being vs. cattle, the variety and quality of the mercandise on board, the knowledge of the port shopper as to where you could find what you were looking for and not only being concerned with gaining her commission from the recommended stores, how effortless the Immigration process was in San Juan, etc.

You need to really experience a bad cruise to know a good one.

MARAPRINCE

Thank you all for your positive answers. It is true that unhappy people are usually the ones to write a review or call Princess after a cruise. I am sure we will have a great time, whatever happens. A new experience is always exciting and I can't wait!

Thanx again,

Kathie

I agree with this post. We just sailed in May and it was a WONDERFUL cruise. The only thing that I can say negative that is not even a big deal was that the room stewardess did not refill the ice daily, but we just called down to room service, problem solved. Besides that my room was clean and tidy everyday, the ship was immaculate, and the service in the diningroom was excellent. As you can see, we are also sailing again in Oct.;):)

You need to really experience a bad cruise to know a good one.MARAPRINCE

What a great way to put it! We had that one AWFUL cruise and we definitely know what the good ones are like. We haven't been on Princess in several years, but we are SOOOOO looking forward to it.

Happy sailing to everyone:)

Yes my wife and I have read reviews all over, We are a bit concerned because we have not sailled on Princess in years...And love Celebrity. But everyone seems to write crappy reviews of every line lately...This past march we went back on the Celebrity Summit after reading some poor reviews..and it ended up as one of the best in service ever! so go and make your own conclusions...

we head on the CB in August, and back to Celebrity in March,

We were on the CB in May and loved it! Was everything perfect? No, but it was pretty close. We didn't think the food was the best but there are plenty of places to go to get something good to eat. The ship was beautiful, there were so many options for entertainment, never saw kids in the adult pool, steward was very attentive and kept our ice filled twice a day and even gave me exta lotion, loved the Piazza area, always found loungers around the pool (upper deck) and all the staff was very friendly to us.

Go and have a great time!

I was on the CB in May of this year and had an awesome time. The staff was great to us, a little flirtatious at times, but great. Our cruise had a lot of complaints because we missed Bermuda for bad weather, but I was happier to be on the sunny pool deck than a rainy day in Bermuda. I make the most of every vacation and intend to when I return to CB in October for the Repo to San Juan.

First, some would complain vociferously regardless of line - from

bare bones (Easy Cruise) to luxury (Silversea) - there are nitpickers

on every line. There are also the ill-informed, ignorant, and those

who believe you can get something for nothing. :confused:

My favourite (today!):

the cruiser who posted a dire warning in "end of the world" style, that

if you bought something in a store on a Canadian shore excursion

that you got Canadian coins from the purchase, even if you used

a USD bank note. The horror! :rolleyes: Naturally, when we go to the US,

we always receive change in Canadian from our $C ! (Yeah, right!!!

Most US retailers will look at you and your Canadian $ like you were

from outer space, let alone accepting it for purchase or giving change!)

At least I get a good chuckle out of reading the dreaded "burn

mark on a carpet" (etc.) posts ...

Seriously though, have you ever wanted to give the homes of these

hyper-critical posters the white glove inspection? I'd love to have

the opportunity - the write up I'd give them (and their reaction!)

would be highly amusing I bet! :D

Archived