Has anyone ever booked a B2B whilst already on board?

I was wondering if anyone has ever booked the 2nd part of a B2B whilst already on board on the 1st part?

For example we are doing the eastbound TA on the Navigator this November and might wish to stay on board for the following 5 day Caribbean cruise. However I don't really want to book in advance as if the crossing is very rough, we will be happy to disembark once we reach Miami.

Many thanks

Gill

May want to book early on in your TA if you do choose to stay...I believe that the manifests have to be finalized something like 72 hours ahead of the departure...I don't think that you can just get up the morning you're scheduled for disembark and book then...also, I would do some checking and see how the bookings are going for the 5 day...it's very well possible that later in the game, it might not be an option anyway-might not be anything available...

Hope this helps..

Thanks for your help - I just wondered if the option to stay on would be available to us if there are cabins available on the next cruise.

I will check it out with the LA soon after embarking and see what is available to us.

Many thanks

Gill

its not a problem, I did this one the jewel of the seas as my family joined me for the second legg of the cruise :) even got the booking benefit for the second cruise, it is NOT 72 hours before, you can book even 30hrs before (maybe more) as I have done it but I know that 24hrs before departure the cruise disappears from the booking availability.

Hope this helps...

its not a problem, I did this one the jewel of the seas as my family joined me for the second legg of the cruise :) even got the booking benefit for the second cruise, it is NOT 72 hours before, you can book even 30hrs before (maybe more) as I have done it but I know that 24hrs before departure the cruise disappears from the booking availability.

Hope this helps...

While talking with my TA office manager a few weeks ago, she mentioned that Homeland Security requires the manifest 48 hours before departure. That may play into it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help and advice.

We have now decided on a completely different course of action when we reach Miami.

We are renting a car and having a road trip over about 5 days up to New York, where we will be spending a few days before our return flights back to Spain.

Thanks again

Gill

Hope you have fun! Road trips are the best! Enjoy New York City - I love being right here next to everything! If you like NYC a lot I'll fly back to Spain in your place!:D:D

OK luckyprincess you have yourself a deal!

Hi Gill,

If you and Estaban get up to Boston, please give us a shout! Rich and I would love to show you around . ...

Glad to see you are still cruising . .. We had a blast together in Alaska last year!

Safe travels . ..

Paula and Rich

Hi Gill,

If you and Estaban get up to Boston, please give us a shout! Rich and I would love to show you around . ...

Glad to see you are still cruising . .. We had a blast together in Alaska last year!

Safe travels . ..

Paula and Rich

Hi Paula,

It is so nice to hear from you - hope that you and Rich are keeping alright.

Actually we have our eye on a TA on the Jewel next year from Harwich to Boston, so who knows? It would be lovely to meet up again so if you ever find yourselves in our part of the world, give us a shout too!

We did have a wonderful time in Alaska last year!

Safe travels to you both too

Gill & Esteban

Archived