Pride 6/13/09 Review with photos

cyntil8ing

We had on and off rain showers. We were planning on a catamaran cruise (not an official Carnival excursion) but decided to skip it at the last minute because of the weather. So, we just walked around the little shopping they had at the port. We were off and back on board in less than two hours. It's not a very pretty port, but my son loved all of the boats and things to look at!

DSC_7344.JPG

DSC_7347.JPG

DSC_7349.JPG

DSC_7354.JPG

DSC_7356.JPG

DSC_7362.JPG

Our last full day. We went to the Camp Carnival talent show:

DSC_7435.JPG

DSC_7457.JPG

And then down to the Lobby bar. The kids loved their Shirley Temples! And the Martini of the Day (the Caribbeatini) was delicious!

DSC_7465.JPG

DSC_7471.JPG

DSC_7473.JPG

DSC_7478.JPG

I have read where there is a little area for coffee, cookies and shakes, but I do not know if it is a little cafe, or where it is located. or if there is a charge for these things. Does anyone have any information on this?

I have read where there is a little area for coffee, cookies and shakes, but I do not know if it is a little cafe, or where it is located. or if there is a charge for these things. Does anyone have any information on this?

There is a counter with coffee drinks and sweet snacks. There is seating nearby in the Piazza. There is a charge. It is located on Deck 2 forward. We did not try it, but inhaled deeply every time we passed by!

I am so jealous of your Half Moon Cay pics! When we went last year, it rained so many of my pics are from right before it downpoured and we have dark clouds behind the ship. Even so, we had a great time and I made hubby promise that we could come back since it rained on us :D

Anyway, thanks for posting, your pictures are gorgeous and so is your family! Sounds like you all had a great time!

Did you notice any problems (funny taste, discolored, odor) with the water on board?

The water wasn't very tasty, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it tasted funny. No color. No odor. Just not .... good. We drank it.

Thank you for posting so many amazing photos. If you have more please keep them coming! My husband and I are sailing the Pride in September, and now my excitement is through the roof!!! Can you tell me what type of ID you needed to board? I thought we needed passports, but my husband called and they said you could use a drivers license and a birth certificate with the raised seal. I'm afraid we're going to get to the boat and be turned away without a passport. Anyway, thanks again. Oh, and you have a beautiful family!

Check out this link to the Homeland security's website. Rules changed for cruising effective June 1st 2009.

http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/lang_eng/index.html

Archived