anyone have the menu to johnny rockets thanks

Well, I can guess:

Hamburger

Cheeseburger

Fries

Onion Rings

Milkshakes

other desert items (ice cream perhaps)

Seriously, I expect it to be the same as any other JR onboard a RCCL ship.

With all this new information there are a few things that have stood out to me:

1. The Seafood Shack specifies that you get one item per category. It then states that you can order more for an additional price. I know Johnny Rockets was anything after the cover charge so is this the first time they are doing things differently or have other pay restaurants been this way? Could this be because it is a tray style restaurant rather than being waited on?
  2. The Solarium sounded like it would be a healthy Cafe Promenade copy cat where you just step up, order, and walk away. Now that they have a pay dinner it sounds like a sit down order restaurant (I don't think that sounds possible though) but the menu ends with the phrase "Desert Buffet". So what is the Solarium; a cafe, buffet, or restaurant? I hope buffet, it would be nice having more than just the Windjammer for all those people that just want to grab a meal (the MDR requires dressing up so most people plan to go there).
  3. For these venues that do pay by item would they be like the Cafe Promenade but you pay or would they be more like a sit down restaurant?
  4. What do all these venues do during non dinner times? Not all of them are listed as serving lunch, and none of the sit down restaurants (except Windjammer and MDR) say anything about Breakfast.
  5. With all these expanded restaurants serving different types of meals and 2,000 more people on the ship do you think the Windjammer will have larger selections for each type of food (Italian, Asian, etc.)?

By looking at the price for Vini d'Italia I bet it is the wine and dine program they started in Portofino which is excellent so that is not bad if it includes wine with the dinner.

You are correct. Now the only question is where will it be held on the Oasis? I was hoping that 150 Central Park had wine pairing with the Tasting Menu, but no such luck!

Loving what I am reading. :)

Rob thanks for posting the menus. Bet you were drooling:D

Will tune in to the webcast tomorrow. With the itinerary that Oasis is doing and having been to these islands many times I like to think of the dining options as 'on ship excursions"

With all this new information there are a few things that have stood out to me:
  1. The Seafood Shack specifies that you get one item per category. It then states that you can order more for an additional price. I know Johnny Rockets was anything after the cover charge so is this the first time they are doing things differently or have other pay restaurants been this way? Could this be because it is a tray style restaurant rather than being waited on? This is the biggest disappointment that I have seen. Basically, for $7.95 lunch or $9.95 dinner, you get some fried seafood, but only 1 choice. Seems awful expensive for what you get!
  2. The Solarium sounded like it would be a healthy Cafe Promenade copy cat where you just step up, order, and walk away. Now that they have a pay dinner it sounds like a sit down order restaurant (I don't think that sounds possible though) but the menu ends with the phrase "Desert Buffet". So what is the Solarium; a cafe, buffet, or restaurant? I hope buffet, it would be nice having more than just the Windjammer for all those people that just want to grab a meal (the MDR requires dressing up so most people plan to go there). I think they are offering a breakfast and lunch buffet for free, then dinner is a sit-down meal with table service, followed by a dessert buffet.
  3. For these venues that do pay by item would they be like the Cafe Promenade but you pay or would they be more like a sit down restaurant? Good question. I would bet it's like Cafe Promenade, but who knows? Maybe that will be discussed and answered at tomorrow's chat.
  4. What do all these venues do during non dinner times? Not all of them are listed as serving lunch, and none of the sit down restaurants (except Windjammer and MDR) say anything about Breakfast. The only thing I saw was Solarium for breakfast and lunch buffet, Seafood Shack for lunch, and Izumi for lunch. The ala-carte restaurants will probably be open during breakfast hours. We'll see!
  5. With all these expanded restaurants serving different types of meals and 2,000 more people on the ship do you think the Windjammer will have larger selections for each type of food (Italian, Asian, etc.)? One can only hope!

My thoughts above...

Did anyone else notice that all of the Specialty restaurants can be booked via the website prior to boarding? On a similar note, you can also book the comedy club and Aquatheater shows online. No mention of Hairspray in the main theater, but I'd bet that will be pre-bookable as well.

Did anyone else notice that all of the Specialty restaurants can be booked via the website prior to boarding? On a similar note, you can also book the comedy club and Aquatheater shows online. No mention of Hairspray in the main theater, but I'd bet that will be pre-bookable as well.

Okay off topic but I did not know that you would have to book the Aquatheatre shows. Guess I better go back and read the website a bit more.

In the past there would be one night that did not have an evening show and that is when we would go to the ice show. How can someone possibly book a show a head of time unless they tell us the show schedule for the whole week and what the dress code is for each night. What will they do if it rains? The aqueatheater would have to reschedule and that would throw all these reservations into conflict. All this extra scheduling seems like it is going to be a pain to deal with and I don't think people will be too happy finding out that they have to make reservations for everything they do.

I just checked RCCL and dinning is still not available for reservation and nothing mentions shows. Where was it listed?

In the past there would be one night that did not have an evening show and that is when we would go to the ice show. How can someone possibly book a show a head of time unless they tell us the show schedule for the whole week and what the dress code is for each night. What will they do if it rains? The aqueatheater would have to reschedule and that would throw all these reservations into conflict. All this extra scheduling seems like it is going to be a pain to deal with and I don't think people will be too happy finding out that they have to make reservations for everything they do.

I just checked RCCL and dinning is still not available for reservation and nothing mentions shows. Where was it listed?

If you go to the main RCCL website under Onboard Experiences, it gives a list of dining venues, menus, and different entertainment options. In the descriptions, it mentions that shows and meals can be prebooked at any time up until 4 days prior to embarkation. You can also book onboard via RCTV. So far they are not available for booking on the 1/2/2010 sailing either. Maybe that is the "surprise announcement" tomorrow?

Loving what I am reading. :)

Rob thanks for posting the menus. Bet you were drooling:D

Will tune in to the webcast tomorrow. With the itinerary that Oasis is doing and having been to these islands many times I like to think of the dining options as 'on ship excursions"

You bet I was Emmy! I'm still trying to figure out where the Wine Tasting Dinner will be, since they don't have a Portofino. Hopefully they will also offer paired wines with the Tasting Menu at 150 Central Park...Yum! Giovannis Table is a reasonable cost, as is Izumi. Seafood Shack WAY overpriced, in my opinion.

If you go to the main RCCL website under Onboard Experiences, it gives a list of dining venues, menus, and different entertainment options. In the descriptions, it mentions that shows and meals can be prebooked at any time up until 4 days prior to embarkation. You can also book onboard via RCTV. So far they are not available for booking on the 1/2/2010 sailing either. Maybe that is the "surprise announcement" tomorrow?

Sorry Rob...I thought maybe you weren't on and answered...apologies :o

I see they have added new Culinary Delights video to Oasis website :)

Its not available for pre booking for Dec sailings either yet.

Okay, now I know why I have MTD because I won't have time for the DR, I will be going out every night to a different restaurant:D

Carol:)

I didn't love MTD on the Mariner, but I'm leaning towards it on the Oasis with so many choices!!!

You bet I was Emmy! I'm still trying to figure out where the Wine Tasting Dinner will be, since they don't have a Portofino. Hopefully they will also offer paired wines with the Tasting Menu at 150 Central Park...Yum! Giovannis Table is a reasonable cost, as is Izumi. Seafood Shack WAY overpriced, in my opinion.

Rob, maybe by the time we go on the Oasis the price will have change and be a better price:eek:

I didn't love MTD on the Mariner, but I'm leaning towards it on the Oasis with so many choices!!!

Rob, I don't think I will make it to the DR on the Oasis, maybe once or twice:D

I heard a lot of people did not like MTD on the Mariner but I heard lots of people like it on the other RCI ships;)

Hmm after reading all these menus nothing really stands out to me and makes me want to spend the extra money for these restaurants. Except the sushi one, that one is very reasonably priced.

Seriously though, the main dining room offers just as unique and delicious menu selections.

Hmm after reading all these menus nothing really stands out to me and makes me want to spend the extra money for these restaurants. Except the sushi one, that one is very reasonably priced.

Seriously though, the main dining room offers just as unique and delicious menu selections.

I didn't see much either but I don't like sea food which is what most of those menus seemed to be geared towards. We've never paid for a dinner and I don't think Oasis will change that. I've been wanting to try Johnny Rockets for lunch though. On Liberty a pipe break caused it to be closed until the last sea day and then the line was huge (all people with C&A coupons, lol, that's what we wanted to do too). Hopefully on Oasis we can finally use a buy one get one coupon (the only reason we even considered going) their.

Rob, thanks for posting the menus. I am glad that we will be able to pre-book the shows and dining. Now we just have to find out what days and times the different shows will take place. I really hope Hairspray will be on the 12-1 sailing.

I've been thinking about the idea of reserving shows and I've actually changed my mind. This may be a great thing if done right. The current format would force you to juggle your nightly scheduled show with you meal which may not be on one of the scheduled times and still try to get one of the bonus shows in. If RCCL requires booking for all shows (including the main theater by listing the 2 main shows and then a generic title like "Special 1" for the guest nights) they can remove the old early and late seating show names and just have multiple showings too chose one of. Then they could allow you to pick your showing and dinner for each night. This would allow you to ensure that you get to see every show while still being able to eat at your own time and place. It also helps avoid the confusion of scheduling the bonus shows and later finding out that you will be missing a main show. They just have to make sure that all shows are over by a certain time at night so that all evening shows such as the Newlywed and Quest games do not interfere with peoples schedules.

RCCL has already announced that they have upgraded their key card system so that you only sign one waiver and then just have to swipe your card for verification. They could probably follow the Studio B set up but use a card swipe instead of physical tickets. Then about 5-10 minutes before the show open it up to everyone. So after thinking all this through it seems like if RCCL does it completely instead of just half way it could make things much easier for everyone. No worrying about making sure you see every show and RCCL won't have to worry about over crowding on some showings and empty on others. Once again following the Studio B setup they can always have one afternoon showing with no reservation for each show incase people miss them at night (I usually go anyway just to see the ice show again).

Archived