Dining Venues - Finally!

RCI is a joke. Way too many pay restaurants. I too hope they fail and fail miserably. It's a big ship and a lot if rooms to fill, good luck. With all the cut backs and extra charges you'd be a fool to go.

If you think they are bad then go on a NCL cruise and see how you like that

So if in oyur opinion RC is a joke, and you feel so badly about them, what are you even doing on this particular board. Oh yes thats it you got lost on your way to the Carnival or NCL boards, turn left at Moansville and straight on past Whinesalot and you should be back home with the complainers.

Nice comment. I agree 100% Larry

RCI is a joke. Way too many pay restaurants. I too hope they fail and fail miserably. It's a big ship and a lot if rooms to fill, good luck. With all the cut backs and extra charges you'd be a fool to go.

Since they haven't removed any of the free options but have only added new upgraded options at an ala carte charge, I fail to see the relavance of your complaint. The simple solution is to just not go to the pay restuarants while others of us who enjoy a more upscale meal pay a little extra for the privledge.

Or would you rather RCI increase prices for everyone, make all the upscale restaurants free, and pay for the services whether you use them or not. My bet would you'd be complaining about the high cost or RCI and signing the praises of Carnival.

The one thing I'm wondering about all the new pay restaurants is how this might affect the tipping for waitstaff. There are so many new options that I believe we would enjoy so much more than the semi-set menu RCI has offered in it's MDR for so long. I can see the possiblity that, on a 7 night cruise we may never set foot in the MDR for dinner. I would be hesitant to tip for a service we did not use while also paying extra for restaurants where the tip is included in the charge.

If you go to the Royal Caribbean website and type Seafood Shack into the search box, you will see a number of things, including the menu....

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/SeafoodShackMenu.pdf

You will find information on the other restaurants there also. Just type in the name of the restaurant. ;)

Very disappointed in all these pay optionals, yet not surprised.

Fare + taxes + port + Seapass account = down payment on a house.

But I already have a house and two cars. I don't think I need anymore. I believe I'll take a cruise instead.

Some of us like to vacation by going away. Others prefer to stay at home and either watch the grass grow or the paint dry. You get one shot at life and one shot only. I believe we'll take the fare + taxes + port + seapass account and let the paint and grass back home take care of themselves. I'd rather enjoy life than watch it pass by.

Rob: Thanks so much for posting the menus...I too feel that the Seafood Shack is a bit pricey for what they are offering...

On the Radiance & Jewel the seafood restaurant (the name escapes me at present) on the deck near Adventure Ocean was included in the price of the cruise and was wonderful...

As for tips, think it is time that RCL just added them daily to your seapass like most of the other cruise lines are doing...This way you could go to any venue you chose and not feel that the waitstaff is being stiffed and if you want to give extra you can do so (JMHO)!

Everyone have a great day and I will be back at 2PM for the webcast...

I am dissapointed that so many of them are pay options.

isn't OPTIONS the operative word here??

there are still inclusive places to dine, the other venues are optional.

For me personally, I enjoy having choices and don't mind paying a bit extra. The only one I wouldn't pay extra is Johnny Rockets....I don't 'get' paying extra for a burger...but that's just me and I don't HAVE to eat there. It's there for people who really enjoy a burger, right??

Choices are good, not bad.

Very disappointed in all these pay optionals, yet not surprised.

Fare + taxes + port + Seapass account = down payment on a house.

Awww...come on now MrPete it's NOT that bad. LOL

I like the all the choices. That is the key word here...choices. You can choose to spend the money or not. There are quite a few free venues....as many as on most mass market lines, so no difference there AND you can have a high end experience if you choose to pay the extra.....everyone wins the way I see it. :)

Edit: GMTA Halos.....sorry I didn't read your reply first.....the operative word is OPTIONS, not choices. duh! LOLOL

Simply go the Royal Caribbean site and under Plan a Cruise, click on Onboard experiences, you will find all the menus.

Thanks Chip....hey, I'm pretty computer savvy, but could not find them for the life of me! :rolleyes:

Awww...come on now MrPete it's NOT that bad. LOL

I like the all the choices. That is the key word here...choices. You can choose to spend the money or not. There are quite a few free venues....as many as on most mass market lines, so no difference there AND you can have a high end experience if you choose to pay the extra.....everyone wins the way I see it. :)

Hyperboles won't work, eh? :D

I agree with OPTIONS, until I go to the MDR and find two options:

BREAD

CRACKERS

All entrees served with:

water

But seriously, I was just reading over on the freestyle board that one ship is having the SAME menu EVERY night in the MDR. That would REALLY have me balking.

If you go to the Royal Caribbean website and type Seafood Shack into the search box, you will see a number of things, including the menu....

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/SeafoodShackMenu.pdf

You will find information on the other restaurants there also. Just type in the name of the restaurant. ;)

I like that "Is the Skipper still hungry". When did they start referring to my DH as the Skipper? :D

Rob: Thanks so much for posting the menus...I too feel that the Seafood Shack is a bit pricey for what they are offering...

On the Radiance & Jewel the seafood restaurant (the name escapes me at present) on the deck near Adventure Ocean was included in the price of the cruise and was wonderful...

As for tips, think it is time that RCL just added them daily to your seapass like most of the other cruise lines are doing...This way you could go to any venue you chose and not feel that the waitstaff is being stiffed and if you want to give extra you can do so (JMHO)!

Everyone have a great day and I will be back at 2PM for the webcast...

Jill, RCI takes it off at the end of the cruise on my seapass so I don't worry about the tips, I like one big lump sum rather than to see it taken off daily:cool:

Carol:)

Anyone else notice a bad misspelling on the Izumi menu? They list:

Asian inspired Caramel Flan

Delicate ginger scented flan with leeches

Leeches, ewww. I think they meant lychees (chinese fruit) which is very different from leeches (bloodsuckers).

Bitter much???????????? You still have as many free options that you do on almost any other cruise line. :rolleyes:

Anyone else notice a bad misspelling on the Izumi menu? They list:

Asian inspired Caramel Flan

Delicate ginger scented flan with leeches

Leeches, ewww. I think they meant lychees (chinese fruit) which is very different from leeches (bloodsuckers).

That is so hilarious!!! :D Who knows the leeches may help to rid us of those extra calories

Archived