SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

Time to order a Kindle for DJ's DH!

70 days, eh? Wow!

It's certainly about time to do this. However,at the rate things are going, if you wait a couple more months there may be a Kindle 4 and it may be free!

Sincerely, somebody who thought he was smart when he waited for the Kindle 2 to come out and rushed right out and purchased it before the price was reduced substantially.

Kindle was ordered this morning:cool:

I have read on some website that it may be four weeks before it ships:eek: Just as long as it gets here before we leave for Lisbon.

Perhaps this will be the SD trip that we take with just carry ons:confused:

Can't believe in 70 days we will be in Lisbon waiting to board SD2!!

Time to order a Kindle for DJ's DH!

Oh my, I am humbled - it was this or DirectTV Whole Home for Father's Day - Thanks, DJ!!!

70 days, eh? Wow!

It's certainly about time to do this. However,at the rate things are going, if you wait a couple more months there may be a Kindle 4 and it may be free!

Sincerely, somebody who thought he was smart when he waited for the Kindle 2 to come out and rushed right out and purchased it before the price was reduced substantially.

So, I guess this means I was the smart one here, right???

Kindle was ordered this morning:cool:

I have read on some website that it may be four weeks before it ships:eek: Just as long as it gets here before we leave for Lisbon.

Perhaps this will be the SD trip that we take with just carry ons:confused:

And we have ~8 weeks before departure... so it is Amazon, against time...:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, that last post really quieted the troops - I guess there's no jetski's in the middle of the Atlantic!

On a brighter note...our luggage will now weigh about 50# less, as Amazon has advised me that my new Kindle 3G has shipped:D No more lugging DJ's pre-read hardback's (I still don't know why we never did paperback...:eek:)

OK' date=' that last post really quieted the troops - I guess there's no jetski's in the middle of the Atlantic!

On a brighter note...our luggage will now weigh about 50# less, as Amazon has advised me that my new Kindle 3G has shipped:D No more lugging DJ's pre-read hardback's (I still don't know why we never did paperback...:eek:)[/quote']

I am wondering if we can really travel for 14 days with just carry ons:confused: May have to have a practice packing run:p

I am wondering if we can really travel for 14 days with just carry ons:confused: May have to have a practice packing run:p

DJ - You successfully pack me:D for 6-day business trips in carry ons...and this should be less clothes to be packed:cool: I'm more worried about all the electronics:eek:

Sure you can DJ. Think Chicos.:eek: Lois just got her 3G Kindle & loves it. Guess I will be the only old fuddy with a real book. I am still trying to get over taking pictures with my phone.:D

J.

DJ - You successfully pack me for 6-day business trips in carry ons...and this should be less clothes to be packed. I'm more worried about all the electronics:eek:

Yes BUT you don't need multiple outfits for each day. Guess we can always use the Laundry service on SD:D

Sure you can DJ. Think Chicos.:eek: Lois just got her 3G Kindle & loves it. Guess I will be the only old fuddy with a real book. I am still trying to get over taking pictures with my phone.:D

J.

Definitely need a Chico's run before we leave for Lisbon in 50 days!

FT hasn't come over to the dark side yet ... she still reads real books too:eek: Come to think of it, I don't know if I have every seen her use her phone to take a photo either:p

FT hasn't come over to the dark side yet ... she still reads real books too:eek: Come to think of it, I don't know if I have every seen her use her phone to take a photo either:p

I don't take photos with a "real" camera much less a phone --who needs to with ZQ Vol around. Since I will have to work on the crossing (if I make it . . still 50-50) looks just like carry on wll be out, since the laptop and all that stuff takes up space in one carry on, I'll be checking luggage . . . but I've done two crossings with just carry on luggage so it can be done (even with "real books"). With the lovely US limit on toiletries though - I bought duty free or stocked up on essentials before boarding SD. That's the biggest pain with carry on luggage for two weeks away.

FT

I don't take photos with a "real" camera much less a phone --who needs to with ZQ Vol around. Since I will have to work on the crossing (if I make it . . still 50-50) looks just like carry on wll be out, since the laptop and all that stuff takes up space in one carry on, I'll be checking luggage . . . but I've done two crossings with just carry on luggage so it can be done (even with "real books"). With the lovely US limit on toiletries though - I bought duty free or stocked up on essentials before boarding SD. That's the biggest pain with carry on luggage for two weeks away.

FT

Having traveled with zqvol and you (in person and vicariously) I completely understand why you don't need a camera FT:D

I figure we are going to need about 6 cans of sunscreen so we will definitely need to check luggage.:eek:

In just 50 days we will be on board SD2:cool:

Having traveled with zqvol and you (in person and vicariously) I completely understand why you don't need a camera FT:D

I figure we are going to need about 6 cans of sunscreen so we will definitely need to check luggage.:eek:

And as of today, DJ and DJ's DH are both "book-free" (My Kindle came...woohooo!!!) - 50# less to pack!!!

You should be nice. I only took 257 pictures at the ball game Saturday, plus I made a special trip after the game to get the product that neither you nor FT can seem to find in Guilford county.

You should be nice. I only took 257 pictures at the ball game Saturday, plus I made a special trip after the game to get the product that neither you nor FT can seem to find in Guilford county.

I always TRY to be nice:p

I don't think we can find that product in NC:eek: Gotta love that ABC system ... NOT!!

Just finished syncing DJ's DH Kindle with mine ... four novels should hold him for a few days:cool:

I always TRY to be nice:p

I don't think we can find that product in NC:eek: Gotta love that ABC system ... NOT!!

Just finished syncing DJ's DH Kindle with mine ... four novels should hold him for a few days:cool:

Hi DJ:

Just got our Kindles. Can you tell an ignoramus about syncing them? Am familiar with iPhone syncing but have not even downloaded one book yet on the Kindle (though Lois has on hers). Thanks.

Jim & Lois.

Hi DJ:

Just got our Kindles. Can you tell an ignoramus about syncing them? Am familiar with iPhone syncing but have not even downloaded one book yet on the Kindle (though Lois has on hers). Thanks.

Jim & Lois.

Is your Kindle the 3G or the Wi-Fi Jim?

What we did is tie our two Kindles into one account ...

Both 3G. If they are both on the same account then you can share books?

If they are tied to the same account you can share books. Whoever orders/downloads the book first will find it on their Home page while the other will find it in the Archived items list.

I downloaded two more novels for DJ's DH ... I figure one book per day might be too much so I went with one book for two days:p

Thanks DJ. Kindle is loaded. Time to pack!:D

Remember you have to pack more than flip flops since you are sailing on SB:p

Glad the Kindle is loaded! Makes packing easier for sure.

DJ's DH and I are resigned to the fact that we will have to check at least one bag for the crossing. We may have to go with two bags if he decides to take his shoe collection:eek:

Kiss those shoes goodbye! Lost luggage.:eek::eek: How do you think they keep the "Lost Luggage" Outlet in Boaz, AL. full? Hey, I am wearing one pair and taking one more. No flip flops.:eek: Will manage to dress ok in spite of my training. Yes, one carry on each. Hey, they have a laundry if I wear my Bloody Mary.:D

Kiss those shoes goodbye! Lost luggage.:eek::eek: How do you think they keep the "Lost Luggage" Outlet in Boaz, AL. full? Hey, I am wearing one pair and taking one more. No flip flops.:eek: Will manage to dress ok in spite of my training. Yes, one carry on each. Hey, they have a laundry if I wear my Bloody Mary.:D

How will you ever do without flip flops???

I didn't use the laundry when we were on SB but I have used it several times on SD. I especially like how they wrap the clean cloths in tissue paper like a present:eek:

Wonder if they have specials on the crossing for laundry see we will be a captive audience for 11 nights:p

Archived