QM2: Any noise/vibration issues re Cabin 4134?

Runaways

We would appreciate any information from past QM2 passengers on any issues they may have encountered in Cabin 4134 Deck 4, in particular noise or vibration: This cabin will be our 'home' for an extended time. We are booked on a long World Cruise 2010 sector with many sea days and are first timers on QM2. Any and all advice about this cabin, it's location and Deck 4 in general will be very welcome.

Runaways

4134 is a mid ships in hull balcony, my cabin of choice. You will have no vibration and on the sea days the balcony is quite sheltered. Down sides, only one, when seated on the balcony you cannot see the sea. Having said that, there is always the promenade deck to watch the world go by in a nice relaxing steamer chair, enjoy your cruise. Location purposes, as you look at the ship, desk 4 is located at the top of the black hull with decks 5 & 6 in the white band. Two decks down to the main entrance of Brittanis restaurant and three up to the Lido self serve restaurant

We stayed in cabin 4156 a few cabins to the rear of yours for an back to back transatlantic and had no noise problems at all...below us was the upper Brittania restaurant which caused no problems whatso ever. Our room was directly opposite the lift entrance where i thought there would be a problem but did not experience any.

We have stayed in a glass balcony on deck 11 which was nice but i preferred the in hull , being so close to the sea you feel connected and can watch for wildlife easier.

The balcony is also a lot bigger and very secluded so is in itself more relaxing.True you have to stand up to view everything but i would choose this cabin everytime apart from tropical port intensive trips.

Very handy for the Brittania restaurant as its just a few steps away to the lifts and a stroll down the stairs.

There is an launderette on deck 4 but is quite a way forward on the other side of the ship.......i didnt realise there was an launderette above us on deck 5 till the last few days a lot easier to get to.:rolleyes:

Fred & Sian

Unless the upgrade fairy pays a visit, we will be in a nearby stateroom on our October trip, so I will let you know how it is!

What section of the world cruise are you doing? Do join the roll call at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=840314&page=4

It looks like it will be a fantastic trip!

Lesley

Any observations made on your October trip that you think could be of interest will be well received - thank you. Although we live on the east coast of Australia, we will be joining the Queen Mary at Fremantle for the voyage through to Southampton. Thirty-nine days (many being sea days), so you can see why a good location is pretty important to us. Thanks.

Any observations made on your October trip that you think could be of interest will be well received - thank you. Although we live on the east coast of Australia, we will be joining the Queen Mary at Fremantle for the voyage through to Southampton. Thirty-nine days (many being sea days), so you can see why a good location is pretty important to us. Thanks.

Freemantle to Southampton sounds wonderful! We will give you a report on the stateroom in October! I will add you to the QM2 World Cruise roll call.

Lesley

Stateroom ??? I thought they were called cabins ... ;) :D

(Have a happy 4th! ;) :) )

No matter what Cunard says, my belief is that cruise ships have cabins, ocean liners have staterooms! I may be wrong of course, and we do have cabin cavalcades even on the greatest of ocean liners! Sorry you won't be with us in October Vic, have a great 4th too.

Lesley

Archived