I got "lucky"

Sophiesmom2

OK, now that I have your attention...;) Just wanted to brag a little. After being away from CCL for a while and cruising on the "other" ships, my DH convinced me to return to CCL. So, we booked the Legend for September and were assigned room 8232 and upgraded from category 8A to 8H. So, I was excited about the "free upgrade". Imagine my surprise when I went on the Carnival site and saw the room/balcony and then read all the great reviews about this room. Needless to say, I'm super excited about the balcony since we are "balcony people". Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that there are (a) no hurricanes and (b) no rain. :)

OK, now that I have your attention...;) Just wanted to brag a little. After being away from CCL for a while and cruising on the "other" ships, my DH convinced me to return to CCL. So, we booked the Legend for September and were assigned room 8232 and upgraded from category 8A to 8H. So, I was excited about the "free upgrade". Imagine my surprise when I went on the Carnival site and saw the room/balcony and then read all the great reviews about this room. Needless to say, I'm super excited about the balcony since we are "balcony people". Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that there are (a) no hurricanes and (b) no rain. :)

I had this same balcony on the Miracle (on the Verandah deck though)...this is one FANTASTIC balcony...and you are not even going to believe it until you actually get on it...I saw pictures like these:

2364502910103606668S200x200Q85.jpg2517196180103606668S200x200Q85.jpg

but trust me it's even better in real life!! Congrats and have a blast! (we should've had a party on it...but settled for having a few friends join us for cocktails..they loved it too!)

Congrats on your upgrade. We won a free cruise from Carnival when we were on the Pride and booked 8232 for upcoming free cruise on the Legend. :D Let me know how you like your cabin.

When will you be sailing?

So far that has been my favorite cabin on my favorite ship. Had it in Jan. '09 & have it booked again for Nov. '09. We did not hear the elevator at all & the location was very, very convenient. Just trot up the stairs & you're on the Lido. That elevator also takes you down right to the dining room entrance.

Have a fantastic trip!!

For those of you who have stayed in this cabin, is noise a problem? We usually like to book where there are cabins above us, but in this case, we booked 8232 due to the size of the balcony!

We sail on September 20. Can't wait!

So far that has been my favorite cabin on my favorite ship. Had it in Jan. '09 & have it booked again for Nov. '09. We did not hear the elevator at all & the location was very, very convenient. Just trot up the stairs & you're on the Lido. That elevator also takes you down right to the dining room entrance.

Have a fantastic trip!!

Also we did not hear any noise from above.

For those of you who have stayed in this cabin, is noise a problem? We usually like to book where there are cabins above us, but in this case, we booked 8232 due to the size of the balcony!

We sail on September 20. Can't wait!

Hey Lazydayz! We sail on 09/13/09 so I'll be sure and leave the cabin & balcony in great shape! :) We're from Plant City...just down the road. Are you connected to LazyDays RV in any way?

We will be sailing next march. I know that theirs a bank of elevators next to the cabin, but from talking with other people that has had the same cabin, you can't hear them.

I'll give up an update when we return..we sail 09/13/09

Sophiesmom2: Not connected with the RV company at all. Just needed to pick a screen name and it reminds of those lovely, lazy sea days!

Enjoy your cruise and that great balcony! See you at the dock.:D

Leslie, Thanks for the reply about the noise. I am just going to stop worrying about it.;)

• 2 months later...

Just returned from the Legend and really enjoyed 8232. It is a good cabin, in a great location with a wonderful balcony. First time on any cruise that people have come up to us and asked to see our balcony! Our cruise was pretty rainy so having the overhang on the balcony was perfect. The cabin is a little noisy: wwe heard ice falling in the ice machine next door on the first night and chairs scraping overhead after the deck party. Other than that, no other noises so we would book this cabin again a heartbeat.:D

Just returned from the Legend and really enjoyed 8232. It is a good cabin, in a great location with a wonderful balcony. First time on any cruise that people have come up to us and asked to see our balcony! Our cruise was pretty rainy so having the overhang on the balcony was perfect. The cabin is a little noisy: wwe heard ice falling in the ice machine next door on the first night and chairs scraping overhead after the deck party. Other than that, no other noises so we would book this cabin again a heartbeat.:D

Glad you had a great cruise. We were on the Spirit in March in the cabin directly below yours, which was great since we were with a group of 28 friends, we could have happy hour every day on our huge balcony! It's almost as good as the aft wrap suites on the Spirit class ships (we were in one of those too, but this might actually be better - cheaper!).

Archived