Do you need advice about Stockholm?

acjb

The main advantage is that you will have it in hand when you arrive. Since you are staying at The Rival you can get the card at the Slussen Subway/bus station or the Slussen Hilton (probably easier to find, the bus station office is kind of hidden underground.) And ask at the desk at The Rival, they might even have them. Here is the list of places to buy the card.

Al

Thanks, Al for your advice. I will write to The Rival and ask if they have the card, if not, I can buy it at the places you suggested.

Arriving at S167 STADSGÅRDEN at 08.00 22 Aug 11, departing 17.00

Interested in a concise itinerary to see the best of Stockholm [not particularly interested in the Vasa Museum, due to limited time]

Should we walk from the ship to the Old Town or take a HOHO boat or bus ? Keen on a photographic record of Stockholm

Thanks in advance - help much appreciated for this newbie

Hi Al,

Could you tell me how far is Helsingborg from Stockholm? Is it closer, across the water from Copenhagen? An old boss of mine lives there and I am hoping to get in touch with him and meet. I don't know if that is feasible as I don't know if either Stockholm or Copenhagen is close. Thanks so much for your help.

Corinne

Canada

Hi Al,

Could you tell me how far is Helsingborg from Stockholm? Is it closer, across the water from Copenhagen? An old boss of mine lives there and I am hoping to get in touch with him and meet. I don't know if that is feasible as I don't know if either Stockholm or Copenhagen is close. Thanks so much for your help.

Corinne

Canada

Hi Corinne,

Stockholm is quite a long way from Helsingborg, so no, I don't think it is feasible for you to meet up on a cruise visit to Stockholm. Copenhagen is even further.

Enjoy the trip,

Al

We will be staying at the First Hotel Riesen in the Gamla Stan area before our cruise on the Azamara Journey on 7/21..do you know where the ship will be and what is the best way to get from the hotel to the ship..taxi?

Then at the end of the cruise on7/28 we will be going to the Radisson Blu Arlandia hotel at the airport.. do you know where we dock then? Should we pre-book a taxi with TaxiStockholm or is there easy transport to the airport and we can walk or shuttle to the hotel from there.

Thank you! There will be 4 of us..are the taxis big enough for 4 with bags or do we need two taxis?

Sherry

We will be staying at the First Hotel Riesen in the Gamla Stan area before our cruise on the Azamara Journey on 7/21..do you know where the ship will be and what is the best way to get from the hotel to the ship..taxi?

Then at the end of the cruise on7/28 we will be going to the Radisson Blu Arlandia hotel at the airport.. do you know where we dock then? Should we pre-book a taxi with TaxiStockholm or is there easy transport to the airport and we can walk or shuttle to the hotel from there.

Thank you! There will be 4 of us..are the taxis big enough for 4 with bags or do we need two taxis?

Sherry

Hi...we just were in Stockholm and booked Taxi Stockholm for a couple hours tour. The touring companies in Stockholm are AWFUL. I have NEVER had so much trouble with tour companies. Just fyi....I loved Stockholm and hope to return. The tour companies are the worst I have ever encountered.

Sandra

Hi...we just were in Stockholm and booked Taxi Stockholm for a couple hours tour. The touring companies in Stockholm are AWFUL. I have NEVER had so much trouble with tour companies. Just fyi....I loved Stockholm and hope to return. The tour companies are the worst I have ever encountered.

Sandra

Interesting. Care to elaborate? Might be helpful to others.

Al

Arriving at S167 STADSGÅRDEN at 08.00 22 Aug 11, departing 17.00

Interested in a concise itinerary to see the best of Stockholm [not particularly interested in the Vasa Museum, due to limited time]

Should we walk from the ship to the Old Town or take a HOHO boat or bus ? Keen on a photographic record of Stockholm

Thanks in advance - help much appreciated for this newbie

Its a bit hard to answer that kind of questions as there are to many options available. It would be easier if you gave some information about your interests and habits. Do you like to walk for example or do you prefer bus?

Edited by Ultima Thule

Its a bit hard to answer that kind of questions as there are to many options available. It would be easier if you gave some information about your interests and habits. Do you like to walk for example or do you prefer bus?

Some walking, not too strenuous, don't mind HOHO bus/boat

Prefer outdoors (for photos) rather than indoors (museums, etc)

Is there a city bus that passes both the Opera HOuse and VAsa Museum, or near both? I cannot seem to find a straight answer anywhere. My ship shuttle leaves me off at the Opera House, from which I want to go to the Vasa Museum. Thank you for your help.:confused:

Is there a city bus that passes both the Opera HOuse and VAsa Museum, or near both? I cannot seem to find a straight answer anywhere. My ship shuttle leaves me off at the Opera House, from which I want to go to the Vasa Museum. Thank you for your help.:confused:

Walk past the Opera, past the park, turn left and a little bit up to the bus stop. Bus 76 will take you to Djurgården bridge. Walk over bridge and take first road to the right to reach Vasa.

But note that you cannot buy a ticket on the bus. You need to have one before getting in.

http://sl.se/scripts/kartor-geografiska/7510.Innerstan.2010.html

Edited by Ultima Thule

Thank you. We are on the NCL Sun, docking in Nynashamn on Saturday, August 13. I know this is not close to the city of Stockholm. We can purchase ship shore excursions. There is one that is "on your own," where the driver drops you off at a central location and you visit what you want. We definitely want to see the Vasa, but don't know how easy it will be to get around on our own.

Does anyone know where the Azamara Journey docks on 7/21 and 7/28 in Stockholm?

Also, are the Taxis big enough for 4 with bags or will we need two taxis to/from the ship?

Thank you,

Sherry

Here is the link to the listing on the Stockholm Port's website - just scroll down until you find your ship and date

http://www.stockholmshamnar.se/en/Karta/Vessel-calls/

Edited by boeckli

Walk past the Opera, past the park, turn left and a little bit up to the bus stop. Bus 76 will take you to Djurgården bridge. Walk over bridge and take first road to the right to reach Vasa.

But note that you cannot buy a ticket on the bus. You need to have one before getting in.

http://sl.se/scripts/kartor-geografiska/7510.Innerstan.2010.html

Just a clarification. You should take the bus going NORTH i.e the bus stop across the street (Kungsträdgårdsgatan) from the park.

Does anyone know where the Azamara Journey docks on 7/21 and 7/28 in Stockholm?

Also, are the Taxis big enough for 4 with bags or will we need two taxis to/from the ship?

Thank you,

Sherry

You are scheduled for Frihamnen on that date. See all the cruise ship arrivals here.

Al

We will be coming in on a cruise ship in September for the day. We would like to go to the Ice Bar. We can book an excursion on the ship to see it, but was wondering if it is possible to walk or take a taxi there. Is it easy to get a taxi near the pier and will we need reservations at the Ice Bar? We do not want to spend time standing in line to get in as we only have one day in Stockhom. Not sure if we can easily do this independently. Thanks for any info you can share.

:confused:

We will be coming in on a cruise ship in September for the day. We would like to go to the Ice Bar. We can book an excursion on the ship to see it, but was wondering if it is possible to walk or take a taxi there. Is it easy to get a taxi near the pier and will we need reservations at the Ice Bar? We do not want to spend time standing in line to get in as we only have one day in Stockhom. Not sure if we can easily do this independently. Thanks for any info you can share.:)

Edited by never2late
Posted in wrong place

We are taking the NCL Sun transfer into Stockholm and dropped off at the Opera House (per someone's prior post). We would like to see the Vasa Museum and then back to Gamla Stan. I am interested in taking the Ho-Ho boats, but... Since I am traveling with older parents (90 and 101 yrs. old), should I take a taxi to the Ho-Ho boat, ferry to the Vasa landing, and then take a taxi from the boat pier to the Vasa museum? Or, are the distances very short. What are the availability of taxis at this location? I could just take a taxi directly to the Vasa from the Opera House. Does that make more sense?

Edited by Travlrgrrl

:confused:

We will be coming in on a cruise ship in September for the day. We would like to go to the Ice Bar. We can book an excursion on the ship to see it, but was wondering if it is possible to walk or take a taxi there. Is it easy to get a taxi near the pier and will we need reservations at the Ice Bar? We do not want to spend time standing in line to get in as we only have one day in Stockhom. Not sure if we can easily do this independently. Thanks for any info you can share.:)

Hello.

You can take a taxi from the port, I think it is a lots of taxis outside the port there you dock in the morning.

I have heard that it is best to make a reservation for the Ice bar.

Here is the link to the Ice bar

http://www.nordicseahotel.se/en/The-hotel/Food-and-drink/ICEBAR-STOCKHOLM-by-ICEHOTEL/