getting ready to book .. quick question

scoobert2

I am getting ready to book my daughter's senior trip on the Sensation to the Bahamas. We are going ahead and getting an interior room and decided a mid-ship upper deck would probably be better since we don't know how well we will handle the waves.

My question is this: We were thinking about booking a room like E138 (Empress deck). This is right below the gallery on the Atlantic deck. What exactly is the gallery? Is it noisy in the morning or late at night? Is that a good room choice or should we go with the Upper Empress deck right below where I was looking, like room U128? That room would have rooms above and below it.

Thanks so much guys. You have given me so much good info. I don't think I could have gotten this far without your advice!

The best cabins are the ones with cabins above and below them. Mid-ship is great.

Is it the galley that you are looking at? I don't know what a gallery is....unless maybe the art gallery where they hold the art auction, but the galley is the kitchen......that could be a pretty noisy cabin located under the galley.

Good luck! :)

I looked at your cabin and you are right under the galley. That area will be busy most of the time as they are preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner and they're generally noisy. Let me know if you want to look at a different cabin. We can look at it again.

We had E123, a HC cabin and loved the location, very quiet, right in back of the art gallery, you would be just down from there.

I dont see the galley you are talking about marked on the Carnival deck plans? I dont think Id want to be below a kitchen galley though, but I loved the Empress mid deck location, very convenient.

Bah, yes I mean galley, not gallery. I glanced at it and read it wrong. I know a galley is a kitchen so I'm thinking it would stay a little noisy. I think I might change to the upper deck, maybe cabin U130 or so.

We stayed on the Upper deck on the Elation (a sister ship to the Sensation), and I agree with the others, I liked this location...

I know you mentioned you wanted to be mid-ship, but we had cabin U9 and it had porthole windows. It was either about the same or exactly the same price as an interior with no windows.. (I can't remember, it's been a while back), but you may want to look at those cabins. They are in the front of the ship. :)

If you are worried about motion sickness. You are right to look at the midship area, but the high up you are the more movement there is. The lower decks will have less movement than the upper decks. I sent my mother and sister on the Inspiration on the Empress Deck midship window cabin. It was both of their first cruises and either of them had any problems with movement or noise.

If this cruise is for your daughter only, i would not worry about the noise level too much. I don't think she will be sleeping much @ all. They will probably party til the wee hours and too tired to hear anything when sleeping.

Archived