Onboard savings book???

Baarb

We got our two in the mail today. They took out what we liked best about them, the bogo specialty restaurant on the first day. Nothing else in them I'd use. Even the free wifi minutes, they won't let you use the coupon, if you sign up on the first day and get the special. Guess I'll be ebaying them.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the normal NCL coupon books do not work on the Pride of America (found out the hard way). The ones that do work say "NCLA America" on them (and they don't work on any of the other NCL ships). So if you are going to Hawaii, make sure you receive the right one.

The thread that I started a few months ago titled "Coupon Books" and that you were so negative about, is now a fact. They are now offering coupon books that are good until 2010.

The difference is that they only went to a few TA--not as widely distributed as before--some agencies do not even have them as of yet.

BG

Can someone tell me what an onboard savings book is??? One of the travel agencys are offering this.... Is it worth it???? We are looking to go on NCL Dawn, Oct 25th. sailing..... Just not sure which T/A or going with NCL rep.... Still looking around for the best deal.... This will be our 3ed cruise on NCL.......... One passenger is over 55..... Anyone have any ideas????

Barb.

Barb, email me at illy4flowers@hotmail.com for some ideas on how to save $$.

The difference is that they only went to a few TA--not as widely distributed as before--some agencies do not even have them as of yet.

BG

Yes, you are correct, they were selective in the distrubtion of them. Not only do some agencies not have them but they may not get any. However, going back to you previous you nailed me for the entire concept of having them in 2009. Second, the other difference is that this one does not expire at year end; other's in the past did.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the normal NCL coupon books do not work on the Pride of America (found out the hard way). The ones that do work say "NCLA America" on them (and they don't work on any of the other NCL ships). So if you are going to Hawaii, make sure you receive the right one.

They no longer product two; only one. They use to do two because the NCLA ships could not have a drink coupon because of Hawaiian law.

Yes, you are correct, they were selective in the distrubtion of them. Not only do some agencies not have them but they may not get any. However, going back to you previous you nailed me for the entire concept of having them in 2009. Second, the other difference is that this one does not expire at year end; other's in the past did.

It expires on June 2010 one year from issue date not really different than before which went Jan to Jan--the big difference is the availability to all

NCL customers.

BG

All of the advice you have given me, has been very helpful!!! I have not ever had anyone help me the way you have, Flowerchild... Thank you so very, much!!!

Barb.

Does anyone know if there's exclusions that would prohibit you from getting the coupon book?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I booked with Cxxxxe.com - online, they had a mention of Amex OBC and a coupon book. When I asked the TA, she mentioned that she thought (but would confirm afterward, something that hasn't been done) that they were exclusive - one or the other.

I'm sure there's probably little of interest to me in the book, but my wife likes excuses to spend money, and any little bit offset helps.

Is the TA responsible for mailing the coupon book, or do I need to ask NCL for one? For the record, we're booked on the 8/7 Spirit to Bermuda.

Does anyone know if there's exclusions that would prohibit you from getting the coupon book?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I booked with Cxxxxe.com - online, they had a mention of Amex OBC and a coupon book. When I asked the TA, she mentioned that she thought (but would confirm afterward, something that hasn't been done) that they were exclusive - one or the other.

I'm sure there's probably little of interest to me in the book, but my wife likes excuses to spend money, and any little bit offset helps.

Is the TA responsible for mailing the coupon book, or do I need to ask NCL for one? For the record, we're booked on the 8/7 Spirit to Bermuda.

Call (or email) your travel agent and request a coupon book. Our online TA says they do not have them, however.

It's my understanding that NCL would not send you the coupon book. They are distributed to TA's to give to clients as they wish. So if there's any exclusion for you not to get a book because of only one bonus (OBC, say) then it's that's the TA's determination.

We received our coupon book the other day. There isnt much in there of much value unless you want to buy spa products or photos. There are no b1g1 drink coupons like there used to be. There are bonus coupons for the internet......buy x amount get y amount more. Nothing to write home about. IMO

Archived