Waterslides in Port

momsbusy

We just got off the Fascination on 7/11, the slide was open on embarkation day(after it stopped raining), and at both ports of call(Key West and Nassau). My husband and I had the slide to ourselves at Key West while everyone else was ashore, it was great!! Buckle up buttercup:D

Thanks! That's what we were hoping. We have a very busy cruise intinerary this time around, and I was hoping to spend at least one port day lounging by the pool while the kids do the slide and have it not be so crowded and rushed. Maybe get off to shop a little, thats all.

Is there a way to find out how it will be on our ship?

I'd post the question in the board for your ship. Perhaps someone who has cruised recently on the same itinerary can tell you their experience. On Valor, it was open for some port days. Same on Inspiration - although I think it was later in the day around 2PM that it opened. Since they need to have a crew member there to manage it, it likely depends on what other activities are happening around the ship.

I wouldn't get to excited about the slide, they really arent' very good. The ones I have been on are very slow and most of the time you stop in the middle and have to keep push yourself to move.

Compaired to a real water park, these would be at the bottom of the list.

I wouldn't get to excited about the slide, they really arent' very good.

The ones I have been on are very slow and most of the time you stop in the middle

and have to keep push yourself to move.

Compared to a real water park, these would be at the bottom of the list.

You were sitting up?

Lying down moves the body faster! ;)

WSlide-219.jpg

I wouldn't get to excited about the slide, they really arent' very good. The ones I have been on are very slow and most of the time you stop in the middle and have to keep push yourself to move.

Compaired to a real water park, these would be at the bottom of the list.

May not be comparable to the water park slides, but the Carnival ones are pretty good for being on a ship. And you're not doing it right if you stop in the middle.

I liked the water slide on Miracle, and yes, it was open when we were in port, say 1-4pm or something like that. I went on it while we were docked at Grand Turk. Hours of operation will be in the daily Capers.

You have to lie down, cross your arms over your chest (put one hand on each shoulder) and arch your back so your feet, shoulders and butt have the most contact. I went quite fast once I learned the proper posture! LOL if you sit you'll be pushing yourself down with your hands.

IT seems on my cruises the slides are almost always closed. Even if they were scheduled to the open, they were often shut due to wind. 4 weeks for me, and I have yet to go down a waterslide... maybe this time! (and I'm a slide lover!)

Archived