Not to miss desserts in MDR

dukeysmom

Creme brulee' - my favorite.:)

Me too! I wonder if they offer it in different flavors??? We have a local restaurant here that makes it in Amaretto, Vanilla, Banana, Pistachio and Sambuca. Delicious!

Yes there were a few different flavors on our last cruise. I remember Pistacio, I forget the others.

There is a dessert the first night It is something Con que. it has choclate and pastry and not exactly peanut butter, but tastes like it. Very nice. I have never had a bad dessert!

If you are on the Soltice or Equinox...have to try the Crepes on Deck 5! Also casual afternoon tea is very nice. Cookies at lunch are also good!

My favories are the crepes suzette, bananas foster, and the cherries jubilee that the assistant maitre 'ds prepare.

Our favorites also included Blue Mountain Coffee Pot and Pistachio Strawberry Chocolate Darquois (sp?), but they stopped serving those two desserts a couple years ago.

Bananas Foster, heavenly! And just as good - the Lemon Tulip. I was kind of "eh" about ordering it, because it's on the low cal part of the dessert menu and as described did not sound amazing. Oh my gosh it was delicious, one of the most delicious things I had on the entire 14 day cruise. My only complaint, very small. I could have eaten 4 of them!

Me too! I wonder if they offer it in different flavors??? We have a local restaurant here that makes it in Amaretto, Vanilla, Banana, Pistachio and Sambuca. Delicious!

That sounds like the Fantasia Ice Cream that was my very favorite at disneyland - until it was discontinued several years ago. Banana, pistachio and burgundy cherry. What a loss, I wish they would bring it back.

And just as good - the Lemon Tulip.

Sometimes I try the low cal / no sugar added ones, and some are very good. I haven't had the Lemon Tulip, but I'll be looking for it on my next cruise. Thanks for recommending a low cal one.

That chocolate chiffon pie sure looks good! I'm going to put it on the list for the next cruise too.

I like to order specialty coffee instead of dessert but don't want to miss "something to die for" dessert in the MDR - anyone have favs?

Thank you,

Stephanie

Based on our experience, Celebrity pastries never taste as good as they look so I would recommend eating their non pastry deserts such as creme brulee.

Bananas Foster, heavenly! And just as good - the Lemon Tulip. I was kind of "eh" about ordering it, because it's on the low cal part of the dessert menu and as described did not sound amazing. Oh my gosh it was delicious, one of the most delicious things I had on the entire 14 day cruise. My only complaint, very small. I could have eaten 4 of them!

Hmmmm.....what is this Lemon Tulip?:) I have never heard of it

before:eek:...maybe I will try it on my upcoming cruise:D

Is it like a lemon tart?

I like to order specialty coffee instead of dessert but don't want to miss "something to die for" dessert in the MDR - anyone have favs?

Thank you,

Stephanie

Hi,:) I can't remember the name of it but there is a chocolate pastry

with sort of a rice krispy style crust and I think it is layered too.

Maybe its a chocolate/mocha flavor? I wish I could remember it

better. I just know I really liked it:D

Hmmmm.....what is this Lemon Tulip?:) I have never heard of it

before:eek:...maybe I will try it on my upcoming cruise:D

Is it like a lemon tart?

I think lemon tart is a pretty good description. It is too soft to mold into a pretty shape, but it sits inside the "tulip" which was edible too. Can't remember if the tulip part was crispy - I think it was. But the filling is rich and lemony. I like lemon meringue pie and this was SO much better. Don't miss it!

My waiter, Sweetish, was so evil with the desserts. If he knew I was debating between 2, he would bring what I ordered and a few minutes later run up to the table with the other one, laughing! He knew I was terrified of gaining weight on the cruise. Devil! :D

Hi,:) I can't remember the name of it but there is a chocolate pastry

with sort of a rice krispy style crust and I think it is layered too.

Maybe its a chocolate/mocha flavor? I wish I could remember it

better. I just know I really liked it:D

It's called : "Hazelnut Rice Krispy Biscuit with Dark Ganache".

Archived