Sorry, don"t flame me but........

coffeeclutch1

I considered the wine card option, but after tallying up my bar expenses after a just

completed 14 day Veendam cruise in Alaska, it didn't make much sense paying up front for a wine or cocktail card. I averaged a beer or glass of wine in the dining room per day. I considered the draft beer option up in the Mix lounge a good value.

The way I see it, this is your vacation. For me they are far and few between. If I decide there is something I want on the cruise that is not offered I will bring it with me. This is perfectly acceptable by HAL's standards. If there are people that want to frown upon that, well, I would say they have bigger issues themselves that need to be addressed. Everyone is entitled to be happy on their vacation. As Copper said, Who cares?

I agree with you. I always buy drinks when I'm in the bars and at dinner. Also, buy beer from the mini fridge, but if I want a vodka, I'm not going to call room service to bring one and have to wait, plus pay a rip off price for it. Sorry, I do not agree with the thinking here. They used to let you buy in the shop and take it to the room but they've stopped that, too. I heard years ago that the reason they stopped the practice was some young men were rolling cases & cases of beer on board. I can't see that but if I want to still a vodka in my suitcase, I really don't think I'm cheating anyone

They used to let you buy in the shop and take it to the room but they've stopped that, too.

You can still purchase a full bottle of liquor to have in your cabin. It isn't from the Duty Free shop; it's from room service or a bar, and does cost a bit more than from the shop. But there is no reason a passenger need forgo a cocktail in their cabin whenever they want one.

Just because you can, should you? How much do you save? A few bucks?

When I go on a cruise I want to just sit back and enjoy, drag my suitcase in, set it down and forget everything else!

OK everyone. LET ME HAVE IT!:eek:[/quote

:) Having the option to bring wine and soda aboard and drinking them at your leisure is a great opportunity to be able to have what you want.

My hubby makes wine and we prefer his to the options on board, rich , full body, wine that we do not have to pay $40+ a bottle for. We drink wine with every meal and intend to pay the corkage and still have fine wine at a low cost. He always carrys a corkscrew!

As for the soda and water, if someone wants a particular brand, or just the convenience of having it in your cabin, who cares? We pack our stuff and carry it to the dock.

Maybe our wine/water/soda luggage is lighter than someone else's suitcase.

Not sure why you posted this except to make sure we all know you look down on those of us that choose to bring our own.

Hope you have a great cruise, and that you can forget all about those of us hauling our wine aboard!:rolleyes:

I don't know how they do it. You arrive at the baseball/football game and they have two or three kinds of beer and you pay $9 a glass for it. The people are in a line that's a half mile long just to spend their money.

The owners of these teams are probably just in it to make money, the nerve of them:rolleyes:

Why on earth anybody would be giving a second thought to someone bringing on board "banned" stuff I can't imagine. What a judgmental lot some of you are. If it doesn't affect you (and it doesn't) then shut up! Tacky, indeed. MYOB.

I care only because it's prohibited and takes extra time through security.

It is MY business when I have to wait behind someone who is having their bags searched and liquor/beer confiscated, tagged for disembarkation pick-up, etc., trust me - we've been there!...

People need to have a little courtesy for their fellow passengers.

Pre-ordering from Ships Services and having your booze delivered and waiting in your stateroom really does not cost all that much more money...

I am not going to flame the original poster, but I think it is wrong to assume that you are the only HAL cruiser that travels within a budget. I, personally, have never noticed what others are giving to the porters at the pier or what is being delivered to other rooms. On our HAL cruise we brought wine, sodas, and water. Besides the convenience of enjoying the beverages when we wanted to and possibly having better quality for the price, we also were able to spend more on excursions. The poster is not spending on excursions through HAL, well I did!!!! I just don't think it is appropriate to judge others on the way they travel. I hope you have a great cruise. Cherie

So, this amazing grace song you were quoting. What's up with that. Isn't that, like. AA's theme song or something? My brother had to deal with that awful stuff.

Anyway, the 9 dollar beers. Yep, gotcha. But, I'll pay it. My taxes are totally out of control, this stimulus thing is killing me when I read all about it and I' giving Uncle Sammy boy 50% of whatever I'm bringing in. Yep, I guess I should be happy. Bring me a beer buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) Hey what is up with this beer fest? Huh. I want pictures. And was the cop asked to stay overnite in the Lincoln Room? I bet Gates was. What about the copper? Fair is fair, right?

Off the soapbox off to bed.

love,

Susie

Archived