Bringing Alcohol ON Board P&O

Miystic

Hi

We are going on the Pacific Dawn in September. Wondering if anyone knows if you can take Wine on board I thought you may be allowed 1 bottle per person. I also wonder about champagne.

Gwen

Hi

We are going on the Pacific Dawn in September. Wondering if anyone knows if you can take Wine on board I thought you may be allowed 1 bottle per person. I also wonder about champagne.

Gwen

No alcohol can be taken on board P&O Australia ships.

No BYO booze on P&O Australia, but permitted on Princess, couple of bottles of wine on embarkation and at each port and if you ask security nicely, even a six pack or two of lager.!

We took a couple of bottles each and a two litre cask with us onto the Diamond Princess last Xmas thinking that we wouldn't be able to take booze on with us at the ports. So says the brochure.

However,at each port we restocked the bar with bottles and disembarked the ship at the end of the cruise with the unopened cask.

We put our bottles in our suitcases on embarkation in case security rejected them but people we met on the ship at brought cases of wine with them that they had delivered to their cabins with their luggage.

They are supposed to crack down on spirits but people were coming back after a day at port with bottles of gin etc etc.

I think that the security staff who xray your bags when you return to the ship really couldn't care less what you had in your bag as long as it wasn't a security threat.

I'm not sure whether the Diamond Princess, not being Australian based is any less stringent about their alcholol policy than the Sun or the Dawn.

Hi there, it is not worth the embarassment it causes if caught....

To have the offending luggage sitting outside pursers desk with large yellow tape around it. then you are called upon to open luggage ( in front of security etc ) remove alcohol, then it is returned to you last day of cruise. I would die...:eek:

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

I think Princess are just happy to have their 17 ships sail full of pax and don't really care about BYO alcohol policies. On Crown Princess in Scotland recently bottles of scotch were being sold almost at the gangway by the local tourist board, taken on board no worries. But to be truthful, never saw anyone on the Crown Princess intoxicated in 27 days. 95% Americans though and they do not drink a lot of booze, unlike us.!!

P&O won't allow any unlike Princess.

In saying that, surely you know some tricks for getting it on undetected! Use your imagination, they only pick it out if it's still in the bottle :)

Even if people do take some of their favourite tipple on board I'm sure they still purchase wine at the dining table and a cocktail or two at the bar. Apparently in the USA Rum Runner Flasks are very popular.

Jillybean:)

In saying that, surely you know some tricks for getting it on undetected! Use your imagination, they only pick it out if it's still in the bottle :)

Even if people do take some of their favourite tipple on board I'm sure they still purchase wine at the dining table and a cocktail or two at the bar. Apparently in the USA Rum Runner Flasks are very popular.

Have you considered using those small travel bottles that can buy, you use for shampoo, conditioner, etc? They work....just place the stragetically in your luggage.

Archived