Any Obstructed View balconies on Spirit?

cram33

There are no obstructed view balconies on the Spirit. Actually, I'm not sure if I've ever heard of an obstructed view balcony; the obstructed view cabins are usually oceanviews located on the same deck as the lifeboats.

Obstructed view balconies DO exist, just not on the Spirit. An OV balcony is a balcony that has either a lifeboat in front of it, or one of those life rafts in one of those plastic barrel things.

I don't doubt your word but can you give an example of a ship with obstructed view balconies?

There are a couple of PARTIALLY obstructed balconies on the Spirit (and probably on other ships as well). Click on my "photo pages" link below and look for the Norwegian Spirit set. There are a couple of exterior photos of same. I believe these are usually sold as "guarantees."

Looking to book a guarantee balcony on Spirit. Anything I should be concerned about, particularly an obstructed view balcony?

I booked the lowest level guarantee on the Spirit for August 28, 2009 and I was very pleased with my room assignment ....chances of a bad balcony are fairly minimal. They probably exist...but the odds are in your favavor that you will be happy.....

Actually there are some "obstructed" view balconies on the SPIRIT...category "BF" balconies cabins are listed in the NCL brochure as being obstructed views. These four cabins are located on Deck 9 toward the rear of the ship...their balconies are partially obstructed by the exterior superstructure of the ship.

Debjo

Cunards QM2, Carnival Spirit, Celebrity Solstice and Equinox, Coral Princess, Island Princes, Sapphire Princess. There are several more too.

There are a couple of PARTIALLY obstructed balconies on the Spirit (and probably on other ships as well). Click on my "photo pages" link below and look for the Norwegian Spirit set. There are a couple of exterior photos of same. I believe these are usually sold as "guarantees."

Actually there are some "obstructed" view balconies on the SPIRIT...category "BF" balconies cabins are listed in the NCL brochure as being obstructed views. These four cabins are located on Deck 9 toward the rear of the ship...their balconies are partially obstructed by the exterior superstructure of the ship.

Debjo

Thanks, all. This is why CC is so great - you learn something almost every single day.

Ah yes. Pics 22 and 23. I am glad I asked. I couldn't imagine what an OV balcony would look like, and there one is. I would not want that.

• 6 years later...