Whale Watching in Juneau (Our video)

cruisinmom68

I read the rules and I didnt see where this is not allowed so I hope its okay to share.

This was the highlight of our Alaskan cruise and if you have any doubts on spending the money on Whale Watching may this erase those doubts.

Please enjoy the video that I have created.....

Great video. Thanks for posting.

Last week on our NCL excursion in Auke Bay outside of Juneau, we saw a rare sighting of 10 humpback whales bubble net feeding. I'm going to try to attach a picture but I'm not sure if it will work or not.

The whales would apparently swim in circles under water and blow bubbles up to the surface which would catch the fish. The whales would then come up out of the water as a group and then they'd swim around a bit and catch the fish before diving back down again. Seeing that many whales come out of the water body and all was pretty neat. According to the guides, it's a rare sighting, but if you're lucky enough, it's so worth it.

I'm so glad we went whale watching in Juneau and would highly recommend it.

1249209018_DSC01226(2).jpg.2b493a0bee93f0d6377e9471029aef61.jpg

I read the rules and I didnt see where this is not allowed so I hope its okay to share.

This was the highlight of our Alaskan cruise and if you have any doubts on spending the money on Whale Watching may this erase those doubts.

Please enjoy the video that I have created.....

Loved it - brought back so many happy memories of our wonderful time in Alaska a couple of years ago - could have been yesterday. We docked at Skagway very early in the morning, I was awake as normal, opened the door to our cabin and there was a mother and calf cruising alongside the ship. There were only about 4 of use who actually saw the pair and were treated to a spectacular dream whale watching with them both. We woke our friends in another cabin and they went up on deck too to watch. Fantastic and well done for the video. Loved the music too - who and what was it?

So glad you all have enjoyed it! I've had all the photos and videos sitting on the computer since we returned home...Then it hit me as I sit daydreaming about the wonderful memories from Alaska, I knew I had to do something. So my first photo video was of probably the most memorable day of my life.

How awesome you got to see the bubble net feeding!! That does not happen often!

Great video cruisinmom68 - thanks so much for sharing. We went with Orca Enterprises a week and a half ago and did not get to see orcas. We did get to watch humpbacks bubble net feeding though and it was amazing!

Loved your video .GREAT JOB!!! I have great footage but do not know how to show it .Your special effects are Super

How did you get to see ORCAS and Humpbacks on the same excursion????

We saw LOADS of Humpbacks bubble feeding ...one group right up our boat.WHALE BREATH !!!WHOOEEEK

We also did it with Captain Larry and Tony the naturalist

I loved our tour It was pure JOY !!!

Hey CruisinMom68, thanks so much for sharing the video. Very creative and nicely done! We leave for our cruise in 7 days, not that I'm counting! Where did you take the whale watching cruise? We're going on one out of Juneau.

Thank you everyone for such nice compliments on the video. It is definately something that I am going to treasure forever. Its funny how a pile of photos and videos that sit dormant on a computer can come to life like that.

I must confess though the more I watch it the more I miss Alaska so much. The wildlife and the scenery have left this stamp on my heart that I just dont know what to do about. We already have our cruise planned for next year but that just seems to long to wait!

Thanks for posting the link to your movie. We had to cancel our Alaska cruise the day before we were supposed to leave and so missed our whale watch excursion.

I got my "fix" from your movie.

Great job!

Cruisinmama, I can not find words enough to praise your video!! I was in Auke bay in June, and saw a lot, but you saw more, without a doubt. Watching your video, remembering the excitement, it brought tears to my eyes. I want to go again, so bad, and all I want to do is see whales!! Thank your for sharing!!

Thank you for the great video. You did a beautiful, professional job. I forwarded it to my DD who will be sailing to Alaska with me next year.:cool:

Which tour did you take. I saw mention of Captain Larry, but I am not sure which company he was with, or was this a tour through the ship?

Archived