Wow Sale?

Hello- I'm sorry if this has been mentioned/asked , but I just got out of work and checked my email. Lo and behold I received an email from an online cruise booking site (not sure if I can mention the name) which is NOT directly Royal Caribbean mentioning a WOW sale for Wednesday through Friday, August 5-7th. Now, I suppose my question is: Is this a RCCL promotion or something through the different online cruise booking site? I haven't heard about anything through RCCL or on their website, which is why I am so perplexed.

Now, I will be helping my friends book the same cruise that I will be going on in November, and if I can snag them a bit of onboard credit, then great! I'm sure this other website is reputable, but I prefer to book direct.

Has anyone else gotten this same email/ have other info? I am too impatient to wait until tomorrow to find out!

I tried posting earlier this evening about the same thing, but post disappeared. I also just posted same thing about 15 minutes before this post started. Any, to the point, I don't understand how an on-line site can post using the "WOW" in its' advertising when this is RCCL's marketing lingo. That is why I assumed it was being promoted by RCCL. However, nothing mentioned on their site about this sale. It really roped me into thinking it was an official RCCL event.

I wouldn't mind putting a reduced deposit down for a cruise but I've never used this company. If we have to cancel it is hard to get your money back??

I don't know, I've never canceled. There is a cancellation fee that you would lose to the agency and I also think if you ended up switching dates outside of the WOW sale period, you would lose the OBC and gratuities. It might not be the best bet if you're not certain about your plans.

There is no national sale with Royal or with all agencies, so this must be the one you're seeing.

Make sure your deposit is paid by the agency to Royal and then your deposit will have the same penalties as any Royal Caribbean deposit. Of course the agency may charge their own cancellation fees or booking fees, so make sure you read all the fine print.

If you are unsure about an agency then ask to see their CLIA certification, look up their BBB records online, check the Royal Caribbean site to see if they are Royal Caribbean experts.

Michael

HI, I got "the" WOW sale email today.

If it is the same email then I booked with this outlet two years ago on RCCL to Alaska.

They were very efficient, thorough and helpful. It was my first RCCL cruise.

This may be a silly question, but if a cruise is booked with this other company, do you get a reservation number that you can put into a MyCruises account on Royal Caribbean's website? I just like how easy it is to book excursions, add-ons, and the countdown is fun.

Yep, my upcoming cruise thru this TA is on the RCI website - you just log in and add your reservation number and it will pop up. I can't change the reservation itself (the TA had to change me from early to late seating) but I can add Portofino reservations, shore excursions, drink packages and it counts down the days.

I saw the e-mail this morning. I seem to recall it said senior and resident rates were available, but otherwise could not be combined. Just click thru the ad or give them a call. We have used them many times.

I got the same email that others have mentioned.

I've been booking all my cruises directly with RCCL. I monitor prices, and usually get my fare reduced. My concern about booking through an agent is:

• If the price goes down, will I be able to contact the agency in time to get the price reduced? (assuming I try to contact them the minute the new fare is on RCCL's website)
  • What about if the price cut happens over the weekend?

I've often gotten price reductions that disappeared within a day or two. Also, the last time I booked through an agency, there was a price drop after the final payment. I contacted the agent who told me tough s**t - once you've paid, that's the cost. As I've subsequently learned, the agent was incorrect (although the reduction may be in the form of OBC, but as far as I'm concerned that = price reduction.)

What experience do others have with this agency and getting the benefit of fare drops?

What experience do others have with this agency and getting the benefit of fare drops?

Neither of my two cruise fares with this agency were kind enough to drop, so I didn't have the opportunity to find out. However, when I booked, I was told that I could get a price drop should there be one, but because of the promotion I may lose my OBC or gratuities. So it could be a numbers game - big enough drop, I take it if the difference is more than the combined OBC and gratuities.

As you said, the office does have "hours of operation". If a price drop comes and goes during those hours, you will likely miss out.

Neither of my two cruise fares with this agency were kind enough to drop, so I didn't have the opportunity to find out. However, when I booked, I was told that I could get a price drop should there be one, but because of the promotion I may lose my OBC or gratuities. So it could be a numbers game - big enough drop, I take it if the difference is more than the combined OBC and gratuities.

As you said, the office does have "hours of operation". If a price drop comes and goes during those hours, you will likely miss out.

You are correct. I have used this agency and they did honor the price drops but then took away the prepaid gratuities and OBC. So I ended up with the same price I could have gotten anywhere else, nothing extra. Then when I decided that I wanted to cancel because I felt they were playing games they charged me $50. Just FYI.

Hi everyone. I know it's tempting to want to name the agency in question or ask for the agency name but unfortunately members can't share that information and they can't say they'll e mail you the information. I'm sorry. I'm sure no one here would want to jeopardize their membership by blatantly violating the board guidelines like that. Thanks for your adherence to the board guidelines.

It is a TA event. I've booked my last two cruises with this company on official WOW Sales events and had no problems with them if anyone is wondering if they are reputable, etc.

I got the same email and I've used these guys before. Great customer service. I've already got one of these cruises booked (with someone else) and don't want to lose my coveted aft cabin so I'm taking a pass. If one of those cruises works for you though, don't hesitate to book. Looks like there are some good deals.

Won't mention the agency, but I too got the email and I called them. They can give you all the details and they're pretty nice. I called my TA who does not work for this company and asked if she could match their OBC so that I can still book through her (as I haven't done a final booking yet). She's working on it. :p

Archived