Cab fares to Fam. Sag. and Park Gruell?

eandj

Have you considered the subway? We are planning to go to Familia Sagrada from Catalunya Place as well. There are subway stations at both places.

From Catalunya station, take the L3 Green towards Trinitat Nova to Passeig de Gracia. Switch to L2 Purple towards Pep Ventura. Get off at Sagrada Familia.

Return to Catalunya

From Sagrada Familia station, take L2 Purple towards Paral-lel to Passeig de Gracia. Switch to L3 Green towards Zona Universitaria and get off at Catalunya.

What would approx. cab fare be from the Catalunya Square area to Familia Sagrada?

How about to Park Gruell?

or do City buses run to them from Cat Square? Don't want to do the hop on buses.

Take a cab to Parc Guell( I love that place..plan on time there as well)..it will cost maybe 8.00 easiest and fastest and then you can get a cab back...you won't have to hike up the hill if you use metro.You could walk from Cat.Sq. to SF if you wanted as it is walkable.Just MHO.

What would approx. cab fare be from the Catalunya Square area to Familia Sagrada?

How about to Park Gruell?

or do City buses run to them from Cat Square? Don't want to do the hop on buses.

Catalunya to Sagrada was ~ 7 Euros for us last summer. It was quick and fast, there are lots of cabs there waiting and we picked up another for q quick ride to La Pedrera. Did those two site in less then a couple hours, wished we had more time in Barcelona.

Enjoy

Thanks!!! We MIGHT try the metro back to the hotel, as we DO like to check out Metros whenever we travel. But generally stick with cabs for the efficiency if reasonable. We have almost 3 days precruise, so can get lots done.

Catalunya to Sagrada was ~ 7 Euros for us last summer. It was quick and fast, there are lots of cabs there waiting and we picked up another for q quick ride to La Pedrera. Did those two site in less then a couple hours, wished we had more time in Barcelona.

Enjoy

Was it easy to catch a return cab back to Catalunya from Sagrada? We plan to take the metro but if we're pressed for time, we can use the cab as a back up.

Was it easy to catch a return cab back to Catalunya from Sagrada? We plan to take the metro but if we're pressed for time, we can use the cab as a back up.

Yup, at Sagrada we saw 5-6 all jammed into one corner waiting for the next fare, not as orderly as at Catalunya but if you are there during the day you should not have any problem after you finish your tour there.

If you use the metro this is the place to be careful of belongings..they love the spill something on you trick(usually mustard for some reason) while someone else picks your bag while you are distracted...it works better there than on the street.Just an FYI not for a scare.

If you use the metro this is the place to be careful of belongings..they love the spill something on you trick(usually mustard for some reason) while someone else picks your bag while you are distracted...it works better there than on the street.Just an FYI not for a scare.

Yes We were pickpocketed on the subway coming back from Park guell. Do not take subway!!!! Take a cab, we made this mistake. We thought the cab driver told us a very expensive amount back to the hotel but we misunderstood him because he did not speak english.. We should have just gotten into the cab!!! The subway is where you will find the gypsy's and innocent looking teenagers and when you come down to the subway map you stick out like a sore thumb!!!!! Do not take the subway!!! They unbottoned my husbands short pockets without my husband every knowing and took his wallet. He had on cargo shorts, but how they every unbottoned his shorts without him know is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Metro is really the fastest way to get around Barcelona. Traffic can make traveling in a cab and bus slow. As to pickpockets you never travel with a wallet or any valuables in an outside pocket buttoned or not!!! keep valuables very secure under clothing wether you are in the metro or walking down the street. I would not hesitate to ride the metro in Barcelona again. If you stay away from everywhere someone has been pickpocketed then you might as well stay home.

The Metro is really the fastest way to get around Barcelona. Traffic can make traveling in a cab and bus slow. As to pickpockets you never travel with a wallet or any valuables in an outside pocket buttoned or not!!! keep valuables very secure under clothing wether you are in the metro or walking down the street. I would not hesitate to ride the metro in Barcelona again. If you stay away from everywhere someone has been pickpocketed then you might as well stay home.

THANK YOU!! I was starting to worry.

I'm not going to use a fanny pack or backpack. I will use a PacSafe anti-theft, slashproof purse worn across my chest in front of my body and my husband will use a PacSafe wallet with a chain in his front pocket. We're only going to be taking what we need for the day and locking everything else in the safe at the hotel. No jewelry. I might not even wear my wedding ring or engagement ring. I used to work in Downtown Los Angeles and easily used the NYC subway so I know how to be aware of my surroundings in a bad area. I'm hoping this will get me most of the way there.

I agree. We took the metro and found it very fast and convenient.

• 2 weeks later...
Do any of the taxis hold 4 adults + 1 child ? Or will we need to get 2 taxis ?:confused:

Most of the taxis are sedans - they fit 3 people comfortably with the potential to squeeze 1 more in the backseat.

There are a few minivan taxis; you will usually have better luck finding them at the airport, train station, or port than at restaurants, attractions, and other sites. You may luck out and find one on the streets when you need it, but don't count on it as a rule of thumb. You can have your hotel or restaurant call a cab for you and request a van specifically (have some euros handy for a tip), but when you call for a cab there is an extra fee compared to just hailing a taxi on the street (of course, the fee is cheaper than paying for a 2nd taxi). Keep in mind when you phone for a taxi, you will have to wait for it to arrive which cuts down on the efficiency getting from place to place.

For around town, I highly recommend using public transportation. We found with common sense and an awareness of your surroundings, it is a very safe way to travel - not to mention clean, easy, efficient, and cheap. We made sure to keep hold of our belongings, brought as little as necessary, and didn't allow ourselves to get distracted and we had absolutely NO problems on the metro in Barcelona (or Madrid, or Paris, or New York...or any other city for that matter).

I get soooo crazy with all this pick-pocket talk!!! Yes there are pickpockets and yes they'll get your stuff if you aren't smart. But, BE SMART and don't leave your valuables accessible. Now that I've said that ... USE THE SUBWAY!! It's fast, clean, cheap and just a few stops from Catalunya to Sagrada Familia. It's s great way to get around Barcelona.

Archived