Fort Lauderdale hotel before cruise

OPSnorkeler

We are staying at the Ranaissance in mid January for $149 which was a promotional rate offered this summer....rooms in FLL during the winter are expensive so we grabed this one. However there is not shuttle...you can go a long way in FLL for a a cab fare of $10 to $20 so don't get too focused on a free shuttle.

We have also stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. I think it used to be the Fort Lauderdale Grande. It had nicely decorated, recently renovated rooms, great food from room service, and a gorgeous view of the ships in port - it seemed like the Ruby Princess was right outside our balcony (across the street of course). It was reasonably priced last Dec 2008 (around $129 per night for a Tower view room).

Enjoy!:)

try hiltonfamilymvpdotcom and join and you will get a reasonable rate for Embassy Suites. Around $139 for King room. Don't book Holiday Inn express on 84-terrible area, no stores or restaurants close and terrible review on tripadvisor-read it!

I do not believe you can get a discounted rate by just joining - you have to earn points for the discounted rate.

Ron

coiran- we did get a better rate. Maybe we are just "special":D:D:D LOL.It was about $40 less than any other site I checked. Of course we don't do Priceline or such. Got better rates for ES in Ft. Lauderdale and Portland than what I could find online. Anyhow, I was happy and thought I would share. I'm sure some one out there probably got a better rate than me!!

Got the Hyatt Place from Hyatt for $80 and I can cancel if I find something better. (for Dec. cruise) Think I'll keep it and just relax knowing we have a place to stay and a few others on roll call will also be there.

we too are December (fifth on Crown) and have decided on the Hyatt Place the night before but wondering what you mean by "from Hyatt for $80"...on line at their website they quote $109...did you get the better rate by calling them? Like that we can get to liquor store easily to stock up our "beverage of choice" for the evening night cap on the balcony. 11 weeks and a wakeup!!

I just booked the Hyatt Place on Hotwire for $59/night for Dec 3rd, pre-cruise on the Ruby.

so which area did you select to get the Hyatt Place? Never used Hotwire before and want to be sure to get the Hyatt Place, is that possible or must I book directly to be sure to get the hotel I want? thanks for your insight.

we too are December (fifth on Crown) and have decided on the Hyatt Place the night before but wondering what you mean by "from Hyatt for $80"...on line at their website they quote $109...did you get the better rate by calling them? Like that we can get to liquor store easily to stock up our "beverage of choice" for the evening night cap on the balcony. 11 weeks and a wakeup!!

Try www.valuetrips.com

that is the site that is quoting $109...wondering what site got his quote of $80

I have seen it there cheaper. I think it just depends on the time of year. I would take it for 109. Its a great hotel. The bedding is wonderful! :D

I've stayed at the Hyatt Place and it's nice. BIG screen TV, comfy bed, free shuttle, Outback Steakhouse is across the parking lot, shops and restaurants nearby. I got it for $90 on Hotwire. There are fees in addition to that. Right now it's showing $89 for my weekend. When I first started looking, it was $129 and I snapped it up when it went to $90. So, prices change as the date gets closer. It may drop again for my weekend, but I like the hotel and I didn't want to miss out on getting the hotel.

thanks, I think it is just what I will do...appreciate your input

It used to be Amerisutes. They have a shuttle but they don't get going till around 11. Have them call you a taxi. We go about 10:30 as we like to get onboard early. Its about 7 minutes away. :)

Ive booked day before and day after with various cruise lines with their air. Ive never got hotel included. I always had to pay extra if I wanted them to supply hotel. I would highly reccamend you contacting princess to see if hotel is included and who it is . In march we used princess air and hotel and had to pick level and price of hotel we wanted. Usually its cheeper to book your own hotel but I found Princess had a better price at that time because it was spring break and the hotels were eather sold out or they were very expensive.So I would contact Princess ASAP to find out whats included Dont asume anything CARL

so which area did you select to get the Hyatt Place? Never used Hotwire before and want to be sure to get the Hyatt Place, is that possible or must I book directly to be sure to get the hotel I want? thanks for your insight.

On Hotwire find Las Olas-downtown-port everglades 3 star and look for the shuttle and complimentary breakfast pictures and you will wind up with the Hyatt Place. If you don't pick the one with these pics, I hear you will end up at Riverside Hotel. For my date it was $59 plus taxes.

Good Luck

I just checked The Hyatt at most sites and I dont find $89 eather.Up to DEC 31 $109 Im going Jan 3 and the sales end DEC 31. Jan price $149 CARL

We had initially booked the Hyatt at $109 + tax thru one of the on-line sites. After talking on our roll call, we found others had gotten it cheaper directly thru the hotel. DH called direct to the hotel yesterday and got it for $80 + tax. This is for November 23rd.

Janette

Archived