"Re-claiming" Purchased Alcohol

Prof Peg

Greetings to all.

We will be on Carnival Inspiration on Oct. 29th, so I have spent many hours researching all that I need to know. But there's one question I can't answer for hubby ("the Chief") - I know that when you purchase alcohol in port, they secure when you board the ship again and that you get it back at the end of the cruise. What is the process for "getting it back?"

Thanks so much.

NCL employee gave me a coupon and we had to be at a certain room between certain hours to retrieve our bottles.

I completely forgot the time so I went to the Purser's desk and they told me all unclaimed bottles were at the café and it was there.

Greetings to all.

We will be on Carnival Inspiration on Oct. 29th, so I have spent many hours researching all that I need to know. But there's one question I can't answer for hubby ("the Chief") - I know that when you purchase alcohol in port, they secure when you board the ship again and that you get it back at the end of the cruise. What is the process for "getting it back?"

Thanks so much.

On NCL you are sent to a location, stand in a line, give your claim check & get your booze. I guess they are worried too many people will help themselves to booze if its left in the hall

Delivered to your room the night before your cruise ends. Just don't leave it out with your luggage that night....carry it off the ship!

If it isn't wrapped securely and packed in your suitcase, how are you going to get it home?

You can no longer carry them on the plane. ;)

If it isn't wrapped securely and packed in your suitcase, how are you going to get it home?

Gail probably didn't fly because she either took the train to the port or drove. We haven't flown to a cruise in 7 years.

On the ships I have been on, they put my beverages in my room the night before leaving the ship. That includes both the bottles I bought on port calls and from the duty free shop onboard. I securely wrapped them and put them in my suitcase before putting it in the hall - locked of course. I use bubble wrap that I carry for wrapping the bottles to prevent breakage.

I have never had them put it in the hallway at my door and I have never had to go get them but then I have never sailed on NCL either.

Gail probably didn't fly because she either took the train to the port or drove. We haven't flown to a cruise in 7 years.

I should be so lucky as you people to be able to drive, or train it to all of them.

That would be great.

On RCI I had to go up to the lounge on the morning of debarkation to reclaim my bottle.

On NCL I bought a bottle on board the last night and was allowed to take it to my room.

On Carnival, it was delivered to my room.

On RCI I had to go up to the lounge on the morning of debarkation to reclaim my bottle.

On NCL I bought a bottle on board the last night and was allowed to take it to my room.

On Carnival, it was delivered to my room.

As you can see in my signature I have sailed many a RCCL ship. It has always been delivered to my cabin the last night of the cruise.

What ship were you on and where? Maybe that makes a difference. :confused:

If that happened to me I would either have to drink it or leave it. :D :(

On NCL you are sent to a location, stand in a line, give your claim check & get your booze. I guess they are worried too many people will help themselves to booze if its left in the hall

Every cruise line I've been on where we have purchased alcohol to take home, when it is delivered to your cabin it has never been left in the hall. Always placed in your cabin by the steward.

Every cruise line I've been on where we have purchased alcohol to take home, when it is delivered to your cabin it has never been left in the hall. Always placed in your cabin by the steward.
True for you but you probably have not been on every cruise line and things change, on one of my RCI cruises you had to pick it up.

True for you but you probably have not been on every cruise line and things change, on one of my RCI cruises you had to pick it up.

Yes, I know. I only was writing about lines that would deliver the bottles to the cabin. I highly doubt there would be any cruise line to just leave any purchased item, alcohol or souvenirs, outside the cabin in the hallway.

We've done both, most of the time having a designated area for pick up.

OOPS....we always drive...was only thinking of it from that perspective!

Which highlights the benefits of B2B cruises where you retrieve your alcohol and the end of the first leg to utilize on the second leg.

It has been reported many times on CC that some of the cruise lines/ships are wise to this and only let you have your purchases on the last night of the last B2B cruise so beware. It evidentally does not always work.

BTW quite a few last nights aboard the ship has seen some good times with not all the bottles put in my stateroom making it off the ship. A few friends and let the good times roll.

It has been reported many times on CC that some of the cruise lines/ships are wise to this and only let you have your purchases on the last night of the last B2B cruise so beware. It evidentally does not always work.

BTW quite a few last nights aboard the ship has seen some good times with not all the bottles put in my stateroom making it off the ship. A few friends and let the good times roll.

Or, don't do what I did once. :rolleyes:

I had purchased my very special bottle, on my very first port day of my 14 night cruise.

Came the last night of the cruise, our luggage was packed, locked and ready. The cabin attendant knocked on my door with my bottle. I had forgotten all about it. I did not have an inch of space in my luggage for it. I had no plastic bags left to wrap it in, nothing. :(

He became the very happy receiver of a great bottle of booze. He was a very happy man. :D

Archived