Ultimate balcony dining

ditom

For those of you who have done UBD, did you feel compelled to 'dress up'

for dinner.? If you didn't dress up, do you wish you would have?

We have not done UBD, but are considering on our next cruise with one or two other couples. We're pretty casual people, regressing from the days of more formal dining. We absolutely do not go to the main dining room or specialty restaurants under dressed. We dress appropriately, we

are just doing that type of dining less often on our cruises.

Sherri

FWIW I have never heard of being able to pre-book this dinner either. We have always had to call DINE after boarding to set this up.

And you may dress as you please. We have had the UBD the last 5 or 6 times in shorts and other casual wear.

Remember this is your dinner in your cabin and you may dress as you please.

Mike:)

After reading all the fantastic posts of this board I decided the Ultimate Balcony Dinner would be a nice surprise for my Husbands birthday and have pre-booked and paid for it direct with Princess - I was even able to select the exact date I wanted! :D:D

Curious to know how you did this as usually you can only pay ahead of time. :confused:

After reading all the fantastic posts of this board I decided the Ultimate Balcony Dinner would be a nice surprise for my Husbands birthday and have pre-booked and paid for it direct with Princess - I was even able to select the exact date I wanted! :D:D

Our first ever cruise is booked for this coming November on the Ruby we cant wait - thanks to all you experienced cruisers - your posts are invaluable, we have learnt so much from you all and appreciate all your help

I would definitely double check this booking once onboard. I have also never heard of this being available to book prior to boarding. And it has never been listed on Princess gift section or anywhere else for pre-booking either.

I have read where those 'thought' they prebooked it only to find upon boarding that their onboard account had been credited with the amount they had thought they had paid for the Ultimate Balcony dinner, only to find out onboard, they had to re-schedule as reservations are not taken until you are on the ship. Just to save from being disappointed, it is worth a double check as soon as you can after you get to the ship. Good Luck on this one!

After all, it is YOUR balcony. :)

My husband and I are blue jeans kind of people,

but we decided to take advantage of the time alone and dress up.

DH wore a suit to work for many many years, so he is not cranky if wearing one & I only bought dresses for this past cruise that were absolutely comfortable......

Just remember if you book it too close to the end of your cruise- you can't take the flowers off the ship with you...

Bernadette

It is available on both port and sea days. We chose to do it on a port day, Juneau to be exact. Being that we were in Alaska and it was chilly, I wore my fleece pajama pants and zip up fleece jacket, well I actually had on nice clothes for the photos, but then changed. As for dressing up it really depends on what your personal likes and dislikes are. If dressing up makes the occaision better for you than by all means dress to the nines.

DH & I wanted to have the opportunity to enjoy a wonderful quiet dinner in one of the most beautiful places on earth and we enjoyed every second.

873676968_AlaskaCruise2009508.jpg.1b742bdf150ab49b2f06d16d6035a1c4.jpg

1858428556_AlaskaCruise2009513.jpg.e5398a795cca29822002932df8621bf3.jpg

1656172767_AlaskaCruise2009514.jpg.d19c855419c44db6a2ade53b82d13491.jpg

29602686_AlaskaCruise2009515.jpg.5e3f51fe4480144404f2813429757269.jpg

1929308022_AlaskaCruise2009516.jpg.f81b163b293c5632f0d819895d8c07f7.jpg

For those of you who have done UBD, did you feel compelled to 'dress up'

for dinner.? If you didn't dress up, do you wish you would have?

We have not done UBD, but are considering on our next cruise with one or two other couples. We're pretty casual people, regressing from the days of more formal dining. We absolutely do not go to the main dining room or specialty restaurants under dressed. We dress appropriately, we

are just doing that type of dining less often on our cruises.

Sherri

Absolutely not! Last time wore a Hawaiian shirt and slacks, but I like to wear those. The only thing to consider is, what so you want to wear in your included photo?

Sorry about saying $75 earlier. Brain freeze.

Hi Mina

Just to confirm I booked Ultimate Dining Experience direct with Princess on 08453 555 800 (here in the UK)

I have phoned them again today and spoke to a guy called Matthew, who assured me that the booking is showing on our records their end for the 19th November and that it is pre paid in full for the sum of £50.00 (this also shows on my Bank Statement). I asked him to double check as there seems to be some confussion as to whether this information will be passed to the ship - he in turn spoke to his Supervisor who also assured me that this is in fact booked and there is nothing to worry about

I was told it has only been possible to do this fairly recently and you have to phone - it cant be done on line. You are still not able to pre book the Chefs Table or Ship Tour.

I will however take the advice and check all is well as soon as we board - fingers crossed all is ok

Absolutely! We have hosted this for 8 persons before.

You can not reserve this pre-cruise; but must call the DINE line soon after boarding to schedule the evening you desire.

We will be in a standard balcony room (non mini-suite) and are traveling with 3 others. Is there room for 5 people on a regular balcony?

Thanks,

RA

We will be in a standard balcony room (non mini-suite) and are traveling with 3 others. Is there room for 5 people on a regular balcony?

Thanks,

RA

No, but if you are interested call the DINE line after boarding. I have heard of them setting up the UBD for groups in other places.

I will promise that you won't regret it.

No, but if you are interested call the DINE line after boarding. I have heard of them setting up the UBD for groups in other places.

I will promise that you won't regret it.

Mike,

This will be our first Princess Cruise and I want to make sure that we know about and utilize all of the different offerings. There will be no better way for my dw and I to appreciate the differences between Princess and RCCL.

Thanks for the follow up.

RA

Mike,

This will be our first Princess Cruise and I want to make sure that we know about and utilize all of the different offerings. There will be no better way for my dw and I to appreciate the differences between Princess and RCCL.

Thanks for the follow up.

RA

You bet, have a great cruise.

We were on The Island this past February for a ACA/FLL canal cruise.

Mike

I booked this and the breakfast one with Princess, was told to call and give the date and time when I go on the ship.........simple...........not sure how the breakfast one is but should be nice too.

Dorene

What you have is a $132 credit to your onboard account. You were misled by a CSR and have not really booked the UBD or UBB.

Once onboard you will still have to call DINE to see what times/dates are available and then schedule your meals.

They are both very nice with great food. The difference is the service. The breakfast is delivered to your room and is self service where with the UBD two waiters will serve the meal course by course.

What you have is a $132 credit to your onboard account. You were misled by a CSR and have not really booked the UBD or UBB.

Once onboard you will still have to call DINE to see what times/dates are available and then schedule your meals.

They are both very nice with great food. The difference is the service. The breakfast is delivered to your room and is self service where with the UBD two waiters will serve the meal course by course.

My invoice states

#3011 Ultimate Balcony Dinner for Two $100.00

#3009 Champagne Balcony Breakfast

If I am misled, I will need to call them and confirm. I was told I would need to schedule it.

Thanks for the info

Dorene

Archived