Ultimate balcony dining

ditom

I'm trying to find out what the "Ultimate Balcony Dining" is all about.

Is there a balcony dedicated to this or is it served on your balcony?

If you are in an ocean view (no balcony) can you still do it?

Thanks for your help.

Tom & Diana

It's served on your balcony. We've done this twice (so you can tell we loved it). The second time, the weather was bad, so they set it up in our cabin. We had a mini-suite with a sitting area, so there was room. I'm not sure if there would be in a standard cabin.You get a drink, champagne, hors d'oeuvres, appetizer (crab cakes), a main course of your choice of filet mignon, lobster tails, or both, and dessert. You get a private wait staff, a flower arrangement to keep, and a photo. $75 apiece, plus we tip the servers. A fun time for sure.

Has the price gone up? Last Oct on Star it was $50.00 pp. It is the best dining experience and we highly recommend it.

I think the UBD is $50 pp, versus the Chef's Table at $75 pp. You can only do the UBD if you have a balcony.

Does anyone know if you can invite a couple for dinner on your balcony?

Absolutely! We have hosted this for 8 persons before.

You can not reserve this pre-cruise; but must call the DINE line soon after boarding to schedule the evening you desire.

Mike:)

I agree it was absolutely the best money that we spent on our last cruise. The service was spectacular and the food was outstanding. If you don't like the general menu feel free to ask for alternatives. DH & I don't drink Champagne, but they were happy to sub a bottle of wine.

I agree it was absolutely the best money that we spent on our last cruise. The service was spectacular and the food was outstanding. If you don't like the general menu feel free to ask for alternatives. DH & I don't drink Champagne, but they were happy to sub a bottle of wine.

I traded for Asti. :D

Was wonderful on the CB. Took over 2 hours....prob more like 2.5.

How wonderful, relaxing, etc. and yummy food!

Even a bad photographer could not mar the overall experience. After our, our waiter Ruel realized the sunset was fading quickly 45 minutes past the photographer appt. time (yep he was VERY late), so Ruel saved the day and suggested he take some photos. The pic he took of the two of us is attached and it is a much better pic than the photographer took and it was even framed better.

Bernadette

DSCN2587.jpg.441b9a2d65cb9fd7286c06e320c140fd.jpg

After reading all the fantastic posts of this board I decided the Ultimate Balcony Dinner would be a nice surprise for my Husbands birthday and have pre-booked and paid for it direct with Princess - I was even able to select the exact date I wanted! :D:D

Our first ever cruise is booked for this coming November on the Ruby we cant wait - thanks to all you experienced cruisers - your posts are invaluable, we have learnt so much from you all and appreciate all your help

jab -- how did you prebook the specific date -- I have been told you can not book the date until you get on board? Please advise!

Also prior diners -- if you order the lobster tail only -- do they bring you two tails or only one as they do when you order the surf and turf?

THANKS!!

Was wonderful on the CB. Took over 2 hours....prob more like 2.5.

How wonderful, relaxing, etc. and yummy food!

Even a bad photographer could not mar the overall experience. After our, our waiter Ruel realized the sunset was fading quickly 45 minutes past the photographer appt. time (yep he was VERY late), so Ruel saved the day and suggested he take some photos. The pic he took of the two of us is attached and it is a much better pic than the photographer took and it was even framed better.

Bernadette

Sounds like you had a great experience. Nice picture.....:):):)

Bob

Archived