Pirates of Nassau & Historical Highlights Tour?

jordanaire

Hi,

We did the museum 2 years ago. A lot of it is like a wax museum behind glass. The building itself is decorated nicely, there are live "pirates" at the door to greet you, a fake ship when you walk in, a fake interior of a ship, a courtyard and a gift shop.

Can't remember much more, but there are some nice sites about it you can find if you do a web search.

Good luck and have fun. You'll probably have to carry the 3-year-old a lot to be able to see the exhibits.

I did this tour and enjoyed myself. I remember being told that it was designed by some of the same people who did the figures at Disney. We were on a bus that drove around the island and then to the Pirates museum. We then walked back to the ship and I had to stop at Straw alley. :D

I went on the same tour a few years back and was kinda disappointed. THe museum was great and would do that again. But the island tour was blah at the best for the cost. THe museum tickets can be bought in the gift shop for much less that the ship excursion and still get teh same experience.

I went to the Nassau Pirates museum in Nassau on my own rather than through the cruiseline. The cost was $12/person & $6/child. It's not exactly geared towards children specifically, but could be a fun experience for all ages!

I liked the museum and it's definitly within walking distance of the pier. We were given a little map when we arrived and the Nassau people pointed us in the right direction. Easy to find & a good break from the sun.

Here's the website.

http://pirates-of-nassau.com/

Thanks to all of you for the info! Looks like it will be alot cheaper just to walk over to the museum than to purchase the excursion on the ship! The money, and time, we save will allow us to see more while in Nassau!

:cool:Bill

My parents went earlier this year and were disappointed in the tour...especially the tour guide, who hurried them from place to place and then said there wasn't enough time to visit the fort at the end. :( They won't be going back...but my Dad is really looking forward to the pirate encounter on the ship thing in Grand Cayman next January. :D

Not sure as to exact road name, but you go straight up the road by the pier. Then hang a left... If that really helps at all! lol

The museum was nice. And like others have said, its cheaper to do on your own. You can go thru it at your own pace. My wife and i discovered online what they do for the 'tour' and we did it on our own... Saved some money too!!!

Just an FYI - my DS (almost 5 and 11) last March really enjoyed Adastra Gardens. Feeding the lories was fantastic, the zoo feels like it is in a jungle, and the flamingos were a hoot. We spent about 2 hrs just wandering around. You might want to stop by there...

Thanks to all of you for the info! Looks like it will be alot cheaper just to walk over to the museum than to purchase the excursion on the ship! The money, and time, we save will allow us to see more while in Nassau!

:cool:Bill

We just walked over in May with our Grandson. When going through the building to get out of the port there is an information desk. Just ask there. They gave us a map and marked on it how to get there. Very easy walk, maybe 10-15 minutes.

Bill

Archived