4PM flight out of MIA, what to do after disembark?

Luckyroot

We will be disembarking from the Jewel Repo landing in Miami on 11/13/09. Our flight out of MIA doesn't leave until 4:00 PM.

Any suggestions on what 4 people could do to fill the time without having to sit at the airport? We've considered renting a car to deal with the luggage, but where could we go for a few hours? Maybe a recommendation of a short driving tour and good place for lunch? Suggestion for something that would not require rental car would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.

If you can, check your luggage ahead to your airline. Not sure if your ship or airline allows that. That would be IDEAL. Then you could just cab it to S. Beach for the afternoon. Remember you need to be back at the airport by at least 2:30. So you don't have THAT much time. But you'd get a taste of Miami's most popular area.

I'd also look at the post cruise tours offered by your ship. Then your bags would go along on the bus and you'd be dropped at the airport.

You can rent a car for those few hours to hold your bags and drive yourself to S. Beach. I believe Hertz has the closest rental office and they'd pick you up at the port. Cost might be high, but again, a good solution if you have your luggage with you.

We will be disembarking from the Jewel Repo landing in Miami on 11/13/09. Our flight out of MIA doesn't leave until 4:00 PM.

Any suggestions on what 4 people could do to fill the time without having to sit at the airport? We've considered renting a car to deal with the luggage, but where could we go for a few hours? Maybe a recommendation of a short driving tour and good place for lunch? Suggestion for something that would not require rental car would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.

In December our flight out of Miami doesn't leave until 5:30 so we are doing NCL's Everglades Tour To Miami International Airport. Sounds like a nice way to end the cruise and my hubby get's to see some of Florida.

In December our flight out of Miami doesn't leave until 5:30 so we are doing NCL's Everglades Tour To Miami International Airport. Sounds like a nice way to end the cruise and my hubby get's to see some of Florida.

A word about the NCL Everglades tour. Airboat rides are fun. I like them. However, they are noisy and fast and are more in the nature of a thrill ride than an ecological experience. Moreover, they are banned from Everglades National Park and, despite what the NCL website says, your tour won't go there. Should you ever have a free day in the Miami area and the use of a car, the two-hour tram tour inside the Park is genuinely interesting. Not recommended in the heat of mid-summer, however!

A word about the NCL Everglades tour. Airboat rides are fun. I like them. However, they are noisy and fast and are more in the nature of a thrill ride than an ecological experience. Moreover, they are banned from Everglades National Park and, despite what the NCL website says, your tour won't go there. Should you ever have a free day in the Miami area and the use of a car, the two-hour tram tour inside the Park is genuinely interesting. Not recommended in the heat of mid-summer, however!

Since you live in the Miami area, what about the tram tour (or any Everglades tour) in mid Sept - Sept 26/Sept27 specifically?

Since you live in the Miami area, what about the tram tour (or any Everglades tour) in mid Sept - Sept 26/Sept27 specifically?

In September it will be extremely hot, extremely humid, and there will likely be a thunderstorm at some point during the afternoon.

Not being a native from Florida, I found the "Everglades" tour fascinating.

Yes, we rode on an air boat. Yes, it was fun. Yes, the tour was also educational and entertaining. I learned about the wildlife, the eco system of the glades, and other fascinating information.

Then the tour bus drops you off at the airport around 1:30 or 2:00.

Other post cruise tours we have taken thru the cruiselines are the Miami Aquarium and the other the South Beach/City Tour.

Archived