"There and Back Again" - an eccentric Ryndam Alaska log, July 31-Aug 14

fann1sh

I can see the trip as I never thought possible!! And I've been to many of the stops you went to. But did not see it as I should have.

Hubby and I both have decided we will be going back to Alaska and it will be thanks to you!!

Your friend is correct. But so are we when we say you are one hell of a writer!! You bring things to life as I've not seen before.

Thank You!!

fann1sh: Thank You.

P.S. I hope you enjoyed the Pan Pacific. I have worked has a DJ in Vancouver for the Past 30 years and the Pan (has I call it affectionatly) is one of my Favourite hotel's in Vancouver. Even if it's a pain in the butt to load and unload my gear. Lucky for me the Banquet Department are also a big fan of me and my company. So I still get lots of referrals even now from them.

Cheers! Dave

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Dave, I *loved* the Pan. In a short Ryndam review for the main part of the site, I described it as " the best hotel room, service and perks, ever."

But I felt like a doofus, sleeping away a perfectly good day in Vancouver. Hope you and the rest of the Left Coast crew here aren't offended.

All I can say in my defense is I've been to Vancouver before. Of course, I love it. And I did renew the love affair before I boarded Ryndam.

Dear Pauline, After yesterdays thoughtful writings I tried to find a similar arrangement at Pan Pacific for Sep 10. Unfortunately not available at your price. Good for you.We are printing your journey notes and taking them with us next Friday. Your words have touched the hearts of so many. Thank you for sharing your wonderful gift.Sandra

loved your posts..we were there too..and wish we could have met you..\i was with the loud vancouver trivia playing family...we won the last day of the first leg... it was a first cruise for me..and it was wonderful... thanks for writing..I plan to post a review soon.. Kate:)

WOW. Stunning read. Pauline, I could feel the brisk Alaska days and sense the clear sunshine. Words fail at this time.....

Thank you very much for this. I enjoyed it thoroughly

p.s. I was so engrossed, I missed all of the spelling errors! Lol. You are a magnificient person. Thanks again!!!

Fann1sh,

THANK YOU for a superb ''on the go -'' review. Your writing style is absolutely relaxing and so pleasantly humorous. You have a way to share your toughts such that we feel ''part of the experience''....and that's a hard act to pull in the field of communications with human beings.

There is a ''deep soul'' substance to your words that bring life to the whole written work of art you produced so well.

We're very VERY grateful to have ''participated'' in your gorgeous experience on board RYNDAM in Alaska..

All you need is a good '' lit ''agent....and, Fann1sh, you got a new career just waiting for you, and success around the corner, in the field of writing.!!!;)

My gratitude

Cheers

I signed onto CC this morning and started your thread. Now, an hour later, I feel I have been back to Alaska. Thanks for the memories and thank you for taking the time to share with us. I hope to meet you on a HAL cruise. You are the perfect cruiser, funny, positive, sensitive and curious. Thanks for taking us along on your adventure.

Carole

Wow...that's all I have to say...

I stumbled upon this thread purely by accident - I've never cruised HAL and have no future cruises booked on HAL so I'm not usually over on this part of the boards. But boy am I glad I found this thread!

Patricia, your stories are so clearly written and so entertaining that I couldn't stop reading. I loved reading your account of Alaska, and the cruise in general, and enjoyed this thread thoroughly. What an incredible journey!

I didn't think it was possible, but after reading this, I am now even more excited for my Alaska cruise (I leave on Thursday). If my experience is half as inspiring as yours, I will consider myself lucky :)

Thanks for sharing, and I can't wait to "cruise vicariously" (as another poster said) by reading your tales when you return from your next cruise!

Thanks so much. I didn't expect to see this back on the "front page" again, but am so glad you had fun reading about the fun I had aboard! ---Patricia

Hi fann1sh

Wonderful to read,going on our first cruise of any sort in Alaska Aug 2010,you have really helped to show what great sights are ahead

Thank you very much you are a very interesting writer

Archived