Senior rate

TERRIER1

Some of their cruises have a senior rate (we are booked on the 10/11/09 cruise) and we just received a reduction in our paid rate of approximately 15%. You have to ask specifically for that rate, in our experience none of their discounted or reduced rates are easy to obtain. I did not see a senior rate offered prior to 2 weeks ago. Azamara has the most confusing and frustrating way of pricing their cruises - turns me off.

sometimes a senior rate is offered - it depends on the sailing. If you are already booked you should have your travel agent check if there is a senior rate on that sailing. It doesn't usually come up until closer to sailing. If you book far out there is usually just one rate then as it is closer generally there may be residency discounts, senior discounts, military discounts, etc. Have your travel agent check if any of these apply to you depending on your state, military status or senior status.

capecodder2 - it seems to me that their pricing is fairly clear cut when using the website. But maybe I missed a discount! The line that makes me nuts is Oceania with their "free air". The first time I cruised with them, even after looking over the initial invoice I was confused as all get out!

You have to ask specifically for that rate, in our experience none of their discounted or reduced rates are easy to obtain.

It's very easy to calculate pricing on their website, and also to see if you qualify for any discounts that may be offered (resident, senior, military, police/firefighters.) You can price it with or without air, and in Canadian or U.S. $ (not sure if they show other currencies as those are the only two I look for.)

I did not have any trouble getting the discounts or OBC's offered, or reduction in price on the cruise, and I'm surprised that you are having such a difficult time.:confused:

I think we all have different experiences with these issues and it is always interesting to compare them and hear other stories and comments. We have cruised 7 times with Oceania and I never had any issues with their pricing or any difficulty understanding the "free air" (which we all know is not "free"). I always get the price with and without the air so I can decide which is better for us.

As far as this first cruise we are taking on Azamara in October there have been 2 hassles regarding price and they were not easy to solve requiring lots of wasted hours and phone calls to find the answer by my TA and I. Rather than go into it all again and bore everyone, myself included, you may choose to read 2 posts on this board discussing my issues and a few other folks. OCEANIA LESS EXPENSIVE THAN AZAMARA and AZAMARA ASSURANCE POLICY APPLY TO ALL BOOKINGS? for more information. Happy cruising.

Archived