We're Touring Oasis! What Are You Excited About?

Which signature Oasis features are you most excited about (choose all that apply)?  

1,148 members have voted

1. 1. Which signature Oasis features are you most excited about (choose all that apply)?

• Central Park's outdoor dining and entertainment
    • Central Park cabins facing the lush courtyard
    • The Rising Tide Bar for living it "up"
    • Onboard zip-lining (wee!)
    • New Italian restaurant Giovanni's Table
    • The Boardwalk and AquaTheater
    • Boardwalk cabins overlooking first at-sea carousel
    • 150 Central Park for upscale specialty dining
    • Loft cabins -- two-level living!
    • Asian-fusion eats at Izumi
    • The Crystal Canopy Skylights on the Royal Promenade
    • Rest and relaxation at biggest spa at sea
    • All of the above, silly!
    • Something else (which I'll post)

We will be on deck 8 in a balcony cabin. From the deck plans, it's difficult to determine how you will access your rooms because it is the same deck as Central Park. I know it's obvious they will have some corridors or something - but I was wondering about the noise factor or will everything be very well insulated.

The one thing I most want to hear about is the Solarium. It's still unclear to me about what kind, size and type pools are in that area. The renderings make the pools themselves look very small like the jacuzzi's in the work out rooms in other class ships. Do you think they are too small? Solarium on Radiance, Vision, Voyager and Freedom class is my favorite place to be. Maybe there are enough of them to accomodate a lot of people. But I suspect maybe a couple of them ARE jacuzzi's. Can't wait to hear about it...and...Aqua Theater also. Are Cirque de Soliel type "O" shows going to happen there. And will we be able to swim there during the day as they once said. Also, what happened to the Aerostat...is it truly being scrapped?? I think it would still be of value while the ship is docked. The wind would be minimal then and it may stay tethered if the ship weren't moving. Shame to throw it out when it may have cost so much to produce. I'd go on it under those circumstances.:cool:

I'm interested in seeing the balcony cabin too as well as views from board walk and central park balcony cabins as well. I voted that I'm very excited to see the aqua theater since it's the first of it's kind. It should be very exciting!

HA! You name it and I'm excited about it. Any info you can share will be greatly appreciated. I personally am interested in knowing more about the Diamond Club and its occupancy level. I'm curious if RCCL took the ever growing C&A Diamond population into consideration in the design of the Club this time. And is there a balcony for the Diamond club overlooking the RP - it looks like there is in the renderings. I'd also like to hear more about Dazzles and what's going to be happening there at night? That looks like an exciting club. Also, I'd like to know if all passengers will have access to the helipad at the bow. If those questions have been officially answered, I apologize for asking. In the mean time, have a great time; enjoy the tour; ask lots of questions and take/post as many pictures as you possibly can.:)

I also would like to see pictures inside and outside of the Diamond Club. If there is a balcony outside the Diamond Club overlooking the RP, is that area restricted to the Diamond Club Members or a Public Walkway?

Carolyn, Second request, we are in 11729, last cabin that over looks the Aqua Theater, would like to lnow what is next to us, the plan shows no rooms but the pictures show windows, can not figure out what it might be. All of the other decks have Suites but Deck 11 does not. Would love to hear what you find out................OK, another drink on US!

Thanks and did I tell you how fantastic you look today.........YES I am buttering you up...............:)

Your New BFF's

Mike and Bill, the So Cal Guys

Can you get pictures or layouts of the sky loft suites? There is a true paucity of info on them. Looks like the two suites will have different layouts. Can you get info on both?

Thanks!!:)

Hi, and thanks for all the great questions. I'll take them with me and will, at the very least, have answers and more to the point should have many photos to share, too. We'll be updating the blog -- which incidentally is here: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1047565 -- throughout this week and into next with new info and graphics so please check back often!

And we hope you'll chime in, too, but do head over to the blog to comment and participate.

Thanks for voting in the poll!

Carolyn

Oh do I have Oasis fever!! Am booked with 3 others on Jan 2010. Have been on 24 cruises, mostly RCCL. RCCL has the most WOW for the buck for sure!! Have been on Carnival and Cunard but always return to and prefer the big ships of RCCL. Have a great cruise all of you on whatever ship you cruise on!!!!

In addition to those items already checked, I am also very much looking forward to the new two level solarium area. It should be awesome. My family and I will have the chance to experience this and more as we are already booked on the sister ship, Allure of the Seas for its 8/21/11 sailing. Can't wait!!

I am convinced that this is just "too big." I am afraid it's not a cruise, but a floating entertainment venue with countless ways to encourage one to spend money rather than enjoy the cruising experience.

That's just my opinion and I am not denigrating those who anxiously await Oasis of the Seas and her sister ships to be in service. Different strokes for different folks...that's why Baskin Robbins has 30+ flavors of ice cream!

Larry

Hi, Liz, did I answer you? Can't remember! I think the Royal Promenade on Oasis is simply a vastly fabulous space, more so of course than on Voyager and Freedom class cause it's a different design. I love its two decks (with occasional places to sit and overlook the action below) and its sunlights that allow natural light to stream in.

But having said that, it still feels like the Royal Promenade on the other ships, still has the same vibe....

Carolyn

Hi Melissa

Great to hear you arrived safely and hope you all had a good restful journey...cause I am thinking you wont be doing much sleeping next week :D

Looking forward to all the news and reports from you all up there in Finland ...oh heck the goosebumps are starting again :D

As I love the Royal Promenade I am very interested to know what you think of the Oasis one in comparison to the RPs on other ships.

Hi, Patrick. No cigar lounge on Oasis, alas. I'm told there will be dedicated deck space for stogie smoking....

Carolyn

Hi Melissa,

Can you ask them if the will be a connoisseur club (cigars lounge) on the Oasis. I have not found it on the plans so far and it's would be ashame since it's such a great place.

Thanks,

Can't remember if I answered your question but while we did get to see the Crown loft suite, it was massively under construction so there wasn't anything to see. Suites are actually built from scratch onboard (as opposed to standard cabins, which are built in a factory nearby and then trucked in, and hoisted up to decks and slotted in place). I think the number one big thing left to do in last weeks is to build out all the suite cabins, very few resembled anything recognizable....

Carolyn

a picture of the a Crown Loft Suite would be so sweet :rolleyes:! We'll be staying in one next August and I'm so excited I could burst! Can't wait to see the inside of these rooms! Although I've gotten excited over every bit of information I've come across so far!!

It looks like it's going to be great -- but there wasn't anything to see on this trip, alas....

Not yet, anyway!

Carolyn

In addition to those items already checked, I am also very much looking forward to the new two level solarium area. It should be awesome. My family and I will have the chance to experience this and more as we are already booked on the sister ship, Allure of the Seas for its 8/21/11 sailing. Can't wait!!

Absolutely. A colleague who writes about travel (but not much cruise) said to me yesterday that "cruising is being ruined" by big ships. And the thing is, there are so many different kinds of cruises, small and big, luxury and mainstream, etc. etc. etc.

No matter which you prefer though I do think Oasis' innovation is really fascinating....

Carolyn

I am convinced that this is just "too big." I am afraid it's not a cruise, but a floating entertainment venue with countless ways to encourage one to spend money rather than enjoy the cruising experience.

That's just my opinion and I am not denigrating those who anxiously await Oasis of the Seas and her sister ships to be in service. Different strokes for different folks...that's why Baskin Robbins has 30+ flavors of ice cream!

Larry

LOL, I didn't get to your cabin but did show some stuff in Aqua Theater suite category. Do I still get a drink :)?

Carolyn

We are in 11729 that overlooks the Aqua Theater, If you can.............The first drink is on Me.....................I guess it would have to be Vodka since you are in Finland..............Have fun Carolyn, as you can see we are all excited! ENJOY the 2 days!

Mike and Bill from Hot Palm Springs California :)

Archived