Need the "Control Patrol"

Kween Karen

Anne.....I have 2 words for you....."LAUNDRY SERVICE"!!! LOL

I will NOT go shopping again.

"I will FOLLOW Karen

I will FOLLOW Karen

I will FOLLOW Karen's lead.........unless.......

"I will FOLLOW Karen

I will FOLLOW Karen

I will FOLLOW Karen's lead.........unless.......

Well, personally speaking, I was going to try to find a comfortable pair of black high heels for the cruise but I got my water bill on Saturday $1,155.73 (and no, that's not a typo). Obviously I have a leak somewhere since my bills usually run around $100.00. So, no new pretty high heels for me.

Gotta go - have to find a plumber and we all know how inexpensive they are.:rolleyes::eek:

See you and Karen soon.

Valerie:)

Val - Comfortable and HIGH heels don't go in the same sentence, you know! Its MOST like "Excruciatingly uncomfortable" and "Death knell" ;)

I agree with that.....haven't worn heels in many years. My shoes will just have to DO.....comfortable and able to walk in the is my guideline. If I am wearing a long dress and I kind of hunch over when I walk....no one can see my shoes!!! :o

I agree with that.....haven't worn heels in many years. My shoes will just have to DO.....comfortable and able to walk in the is my guideline. If I am wearing a long dress and I kind of hunch over when I walk....no one can see my shoes!!! :o

I'm laughing here.....I have this VISION of the "Good witch Glenda" with her magic wand, hunched over and walking carefully and looking around to see if anybody is looking at her white Reeboks.........................................OK, Ok, I give up! ONLY kidding here!

I'm laughing here.....I have this VISION of the "Good witch Glenda" with her magic wand, hunched over and walking carefully and looking around to see if anybody is looking at her white Reeboks.........................................OK, Ok, I give up! ONLY kidding here!

Good image Anne. Keep that one in mind.....then maybe I will look better than anticipated!!! Anything helps here! :D

Tried to click on the link -- my security system claimed it contained a virus and would not let it open.

Thankfully my computer lists for cruises do keep me in control!!

None of our 4 suitcases ever weight more than 50 pounds each.

KK here is the link for you to copy and paste into your browser bar. This morning when I opened up my browser, my Anti Virus program tried to tell me that CC was phishing spot. I was able to get that fixed!!

http://www.prankcallsunlimited.com/freesound2/siren03.wav

No matter how good I try to be, I still end up with things I didn't use. Guess it is "just in case syndrome". If I were going on your cruise, my problem would be buying cutsie things to take home!:mad: I always wonder what tourists do with those lg. Disney stuffed characters they take to the airport here in olando. At least the official takes away those fake swords from the Pirates of the Caribbean.

LOL I give those things away when I get home.....great to have kids and grandkids....they like ANYthing!

My packing pile if FULL of things I "MIGHT" need. Most of them I hope I don't need.....but I MIGHT....and then I have them! I am not talking about clothing...but all that OTHER 'just in case' stuff! Actually.....if I TAKE it that is nearly a guarantee that I won't NEED it and that is a good thing for most of this stuff!! Kind of like taking an umbrella to insure it won't rain!! ;)

............My packing pile if FULL of things I "MIGHT" need. Most of them I hope I don't need.....but I MIGHT....and then I have them! .............;)

Well whatever those "might need items", if they take up too much space or weight, just buy new ones if you need them while on the trip. If you are going to civilized areas and not obscure places lacking these items, then why bother taking all of them if they bug you? You won't be wasting a few bucks on what you have to buy, just use that stuff then, when you get home.

Karen, as me old mither likes to say,

Pack half the clothes and twice the money.

Plan on buying stuff on that wonderful long cruise, whether for yourself or gifts. Look long and hard at your clothes (all spread out or hung up in the same area) and decide which items won't go with more than one other item, and toss those. I even make up a list of everything I think I'll take, and add asterisks for each additional item they complement. The ones with no or only one asterisk have to stay behind. Formal night outfits are the exception, of course.

What a great dilemma you have!

Linda

I use packing envelopes from Eagle Creek. They have always worked well for us. You get a plastic folding board, and you fold each piece of clothing around it, place it on the opened envelope (made of heavy duty fabric), and slide out the board. Then you go onto the next piece of clothing. When you are done you have a neat pile of folded clothing. Then the plastic board goes on top and the 4 sides of the envelope velcro closed around everything. Nothing moves at all. I usually use 1 of these envelopes in my garment bag at the bottom. Dresses get hung up in the bag. Have never had a problem. Plus, when we get to the cabin, all I have to do is open up the envelope and put the still folded clothing inside drawers!

Archived