Fort Lauderdale airport to cruise ship terminal cost

Johnny Yen

Royal Caribbean wants $29 per person (roundtrip) to transfer between the fort lauderdale airport and the ship. I think a cab would be cheaper, it's only 2.1 miles according to google earth. Any experiences getting between the airport and the port? Thanks, Amigos

That's insane. Is that really the price? :eek:

The AP and the Port are very close. We did it in reverse, and our metered fare was $11.30. We gave him 15 bucks, 2 people and luggage. It's by the taxi, not by the person.

So glad you asked! Look how much money you just saved! :D:D:D

The taxis are really quite reasonable in FLL; & as Langley said, the two of them, airport & cruiseport, are almost right next to one another.

The biggest problem I see with shuttles is that they wait until they have their van or bus filled then depart. So if you are the first to board, you'll sit there until the vehicle is full. On the other hand, if you're the last to board, you'll leave right away.

Personally I think the taxi is the way to go; count on "about" $15 for the ride.

In general you can almost always do a lot better by arranging your own transportation, your own air, and your own hotels. The cruise lines charge a premium to do it for you, and it's almost always far more inconvenient as well!

In this case you'll save a lot by doing it yourself.

There is one traffic light and one security checkpoint between the airport and port everglades. $15 including tip will take you to the cruise terminal. Very easy. Please make sure to have your boarding pass and passports ready when you get in the taxi as you will be requested to show them at the security checkpoint.

I've cruised from FLL twice now and haven't had to show my passport nor boarding pass. The taxi driver simply showed his driver's license; I had my passport in my carry-on (in the back seat) in case I did need to show it. But I haven't had to yet. I guess it boils down to the particular person on entrance duty at that particular time.

So be sure & have them available - just in case.

Taxi.

We always arrive at Port Everglades in a taxi and ALWAYS we have to show our passports when we come to the Sheriff's station at the port. Taxi shows his ID and we show passports. We have a few times been asked to show our cruise documents.

Doesn't matter if you think they should or shouldn't or if it has happened to you or not...... they can, so they sometimes do and they done so to us.

No big deal. I always have passports in my hand, ready.

The ONLY time your charges could add up in a taxi is if you arrive when the security checkpoint is jammed with cars and trucks. If you're sitting there waiting, the charge does add up. Buy we've never paid more than $17, and that was when we had to wait for a while at port security.

Good point, Kitty. You're right.

If there are 10+ ships in port (as sometimes happens in Port Everglades) there can be a backup waiting to clear security checkpoint and the taxi meter continues to tick. :)

Archived